Old 03-09-2008, 08:23 AM   #1  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

Angry Cabin Fever!!!!!!!!

For someone who hates snow as much as I do, especially as we are approaching springtime, I sure live in the wrong place (Cleveland). Ugh. There are about 16 inches of snow out there just ready to be shoveled, and I have not left my house for almost 48 hours. (Luckily the storm came on the weekend, not the work-week.)

Yesterday I realized that I still have the tendency to eat while I'm bored - only normally I keep myself busy enough to not notice. Staying in ALL DAY LONG was a complete struggle for me, but I'm proud to report that I stayed on plan COMPLETELY! The only disappointment was not getting to go to the gym as planned, the YMCA shut down due to the weather.

I plan to go out and shovel for some exercise today. My day in was certainly a good lesson - 1) I need to keep myself busy or I think about food CONSTANTLY, 2) keeping my cupboards/fridge stocked with healthy food is important on days where I'm around the house for extended periods of time.

Anyone else affected by the weather face similar struggles?

Ugh, time to go dig my car out of a three-foot-high snow drift.
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 04:25 PM   #2  
Maintainer

S/C/G: 200/129/135

Height: 5'6"

I have INSANE cabin fever. Will get out some time today though -- finally!!
nineteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 05:31 PM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i hear ya mickey i live close to cleve and i am ready for spring.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 07:34 PM   #4  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

I have the opposite problem. I've always lived in sunny california, and I hate it! I love cold weather, so I think you're so lucky!
I never thought about weather being so bad they'd close the gym. Hmm, that makes me like Los angeles weather a little more
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:47 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 239/200/130-140

Height: 5'8.5"

Right now, it seems as if our winter may be over? (Still hoping for a Miracle March though! We need the water!)

But, I hear ya! The last few months have been full of massive snowstorms (3+ feet overnight) and all the crap that comes with them. I must say though, shoveling gives ya some good arms!
SouthLake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 10:12 AM   #6  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Oh, I hear ya. It hasn't been snowing here, but cold and crappy, and I had a sick kid at home all last week, so the only places I've gone were to the doctor's office and to the store to get some prescriptions filled.
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:54 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 233/181/160

Ugh, I hate winter! Luckily this year a have a 1-year-old who loves to sled. Nice way to pass time and exercise when I get snowed in!
CrazedLedZepFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:01 PM   #8  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Crazed: Love your screenname. LZ rocks my world.

Everyone: I stayed OP again yesterday, as well as shoveled snow for a good hour and a half (from our sidewalk, and dug out my car). I totally feel it in my upper body - more than after a good weightlifting session!
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 04:56 PM   #9  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

my little brother lives outside of Cleveland, a place called Elyria...you Ohio gals are making me miss him, I need to give him a call tonight and see how he's faring the winter weather. I'm in TX, can't really complain about the weather seeing as we only have a few really cold days here and there, but it sure will be nice when I can wear short sleeves and ride my bike more often! At least with this time change there will be more daylight after work.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote