Old 03-07-2008, 10:06 PM   #1  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

Default i can't stop eating!

So i know i emotionally eat esp when things get bad in my life, but now its gotten bad to worst. nov.- i had gotten into car accident it totalled my car, dec- i got into another car accident, and jan i wasnt going to drive or get into some1 elses car cuz i thought 3x a charm. u know? I have talked about bout my dad having the stroke and he is doing good. After that had happened my best friend the guy that i was doing the bet with, him and i are no longer friends after being friends for 10yrs with. i really dont think that friendship could have been salvaged. so ive been trying to deal with that i havent had any1 really to talk bout that cuz his friends are my friends to and i dont want anything to get back to him u know? Then all of a sudden it got worst last fri my mom had went to the dr for a physically for her new job and later on while she was at wrk the doc had called the house and i thought that was weird so i ended up calling my dad and letting him know and he returned the call back to him and found out that he wanted to admit her and to start to give her blood tranfusions. and she was there for a few days and she was anemic but she is a certain type of anemic i cant remember what its called but what it is its her body killing off her red blood cells faster than the can be produced she is on steroids but its like next week she has to go to a cancer center in our city and that scares the crap out of me and all these thought go thru my head and the only way i comfort myself is thru food and it does feel good 4 the moment and i just cant seem to stop. i dont know what to do ive gone to the gym to release it but i cant do that 24/7 any sugg? its like im living a nightmare n i just want some1 2 wake me up.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 PM   #2  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

CurvaceousCutie- Really sorry to hear about all the bad things happening.
Everyone copes in different ways, I know mine used to be drugs... so I know the pain of just not being able to stop.
As far as suggestions, I have no food at home right now, I eat out all the time. This is my worst struggle with eating due to time. Anyway, what I am getting at is, maybe you can start eating out (not fast food) and getting a sandwich or something. That way there isn't a ton of food to go through at home, I am thinking lesser of two evils I guess.

Anyway, I'll say a prayer for your dad and your friend. Again, I'm really sorry to hear of all that. Keep typing for now to keep you busy. You have come such a long way, EVERYONE has set backs.

Best wishes.
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:57 PM   #3  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

thank you
Old 03-08-2008, 12:08 AM   #4  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 315/310/140

Height: 5'5

What I used to do, before I'd have a spell and start stuffing my face was I would just buy healthy stuff.. There were certain foods that would comfort me when I needed.. usually something rich or chocolaty.. so when I'm feeling okay I would stock the place with apples or carrots better snacks so when I needed a fix and couldn't leave the house there was nothing. Usually I'd sleep because I couldn't eat what I wanted *pout* by the morning I'm not feeling soo out of control.

Hopefully that made some sense. Wishing your family strength and healing!
MillShapill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:04 AM   #5  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

One thing I've found incredibly helpful is only allowing myself to eat seated at the table. It gives me control, I think because it doesn't allow me to completely zone out the way eating when I'm on the couch watching TV does. I'm much less likely to eat when I'm not hungry or to eat more than I need in general.
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 10:11 PM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

I'm sorry you're going through so much right now. Going to the gym is a good way to release some of this stress. Eating is not. And you recognize this. Have you thought about other things (plus the exercising) to replace the eating? Any other hobbies that might fill the void and help you cope for the time being? If nothing else, keep posting here. We're all here to listen.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 01:30 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/259/135

Height: 5'4

Hey curveacouscutie! sorry things are rough right now. they will get better, promise. if it helps at all, dont worry too much about the fact that they are sending your mom to a cancer center. If she has a blood disorder, it makes sense as alot of hematologists are oncologists, and/or most places group blood disorders with cancer centers. I know this b/c my platelets are a little messed up and my doctor made me go to one. I FREAKED out when she gave me the name and it was a cancer center, but I just have a mild blood disorder (if that) and everything is fine w/ me.

I also went through a very similar situtation in college with my best guy friend. we have the same group of friends and all too! We stopped speaking for about 3 or 4 years, but now we're friends again and speak regularly. Our friendship is actually in a much better place than it was 3-4 years ago.

Best of luck! You'll look back on this and realize what a strong person you are for getting through it!
DCchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 06:33 PM   #8  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

Thanks DCChick, that means alot to me. I hope maybe down the line we will become friends again but i think we need to be separated for awhile. i think we both have some growing up to do and find ourselves a place in this world and i think we are both stopping eachother by being friends at this time. thank u again and thanks to everyone else too