Old 03-02-2008, 02:32 AM   #1  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Default AN AWESOME thing happened to me today... CHECK IT!

I went to do a workout video (I was going through the ones on cable) and I came across, the biggest looser workout, it was with Bob. Anyway, my boyfriend got up and worked out with me! It was so awesome, I nearly cried. It was the first time he has worked out at home with me. He hates videos and aerobic stuff, but he loves the biggest looser show, who doesn't right?
So anyway, this just reminded me that even though I can't FORCE him to take better care of himself---that I am not being selfish here by taking care of myself. I want to make myself better, so that I am stronger, so I can do more for him and his health, (unlike the old way where I was very selfless and spent too much energy trying to take care of him).
I hope that makes sense. It just goes to show that you HAVE to work on yourself first, you have to. This is for all the selfless women out there, that give and give and give! Remember to give to yourself, it will be worth it!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:09 PM   #2  
me

S/C/G: 299/135/fit

aww that's so sweet of him! I love the bob on biggest loser workout, and the fact that the contestants have trouble with this workouts on the dvd
so many women do put their men first, so its good to hear that you are putting yourself first, and are doing this for yourself!
kisskiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 12:15 AM   #3  
something blue....

S/C/G: 211/211/140

Height: 5'7

That's great! It would be really cool if you motivated him to change his lifestyle.
bethe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:21 AM   #4  
Not so Slim...Yet

S/C/G: 211/191/128

Height: 5'5"

I wish my boyfriend would do that. I try not to push him too much to eat healthier and workout because I know that will only make him not want to do it but still I do wish he could get healthier with me. I guess I just want to share how awesome I feel you know? I have noticed that he's trying to make better eating choices but then there's days like today where he goes and pigs out at a chinese buffet. Eh I guess it just takes time...
kwoodslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #5  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Ha! That's awesome. My bf already works out at a gym but hearing about my sessions with my personal trainer has made him want one too! Guess he needs one to keep up with me LOL
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:51 AM   #6  
Made of Starstuff

Hey that's awesome!
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 01:53 PM   #7  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Yeah for the boyfriend and you for setting such a great example for him!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote