Old 02-27-2008, 11:44 PM   #31  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey!

I'm a university student as well. Man dorm days were hard, mainly because I couldn't do any baking or cooking, which I love.

I'm in sciences currently, but I'm trying to get into the dietitian major at UBC. I have to up my grades, and downsize my waist if I want to do that.

Welcome to the boards.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 11:57 PM   #32  
Bekka

S/C/G: 200/ticker/150

Height: 5'7"

Hippie art student myself, jeweler
improbable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 AM   #33  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Hello! I'm 24 and a graduating senior in northern cali. I lived in the dorms for awhile and let me say, my size didn't go down at all! I would take advantage of the on campus pizza delivery service. I now live off campus and find it much better. I can't seem to find enough time to excercise between work and school. Good luck to you all!!!
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 05:56 PM   #34  
Running Fiend.

S/C/G: 210/165/145

Height: 5'7.5"

Hey!

I just joined this site recently. I'm 20, 3rd year undergrad student in biochem. I think the toughest part is when you try really hard to be healthy and workout all week and come the weekend it's temptations around every corner. Alcohol tends to be the hardest for me...I'd be absolutely perfect about eating well if I could just not interact with anyone... Anyone else have this problem?
rockstar87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #35  
The Last 10lbs!

fasttimesatfatu - I'm an international student in the UK as well (from Canada). There are WW offices and meetings here, but so far that's the only one I've heard of and seen advertised. I'm sure there are plenty of other ones around though!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 06:46 PM   #36  
Wow...It knows my name...

S/C/G: 205/184/140

Height: 5'5"

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasttimesatfatu View Post
Wow I'm so glad there are UK people here because I will be studying in London next year (School for Oriental and African Studies). Hehe, I'm not an english major, I'm a Development Studies and Economics Major concentrating on African Development. I'm both super excited and incredibly nervous about studying abroad because I want to be able to keep my regiment up and make as many healthy eating choices as I can. It's going to be tough, but I think I can pull it off. Are there weight loss support communities in the UK or is that a US phenomenon?

-Rachel
Hey fastime!

I hope you're well and everything is going great.
It sounds really scary but so exciting that you're coming to the UK to study. I'm at Leicester University and meet so many 'erasmus' students (some exchange programme), and you always get to here about a slice of life over there across the big pond.
One thing i'm sure you'll notice is that when you go out for dinner the portion sizes are a lot smaller. I almost had a heart attack (not literally) when I went to new york... I mean some of the burgers were bigger than my face loooooool !!!! Although saying that, UK is slowly trying to keep up with the US and so portion sizes are starting to get a little bigger, and (looking at the stats) so are the waists of the UK population !

As for weight loss communities... I dont really know lol! I know we've got WW over here, and loads of gyms and classes that people can go to. You'll be in London so you'll have those all around you... and food. But I'm sure at your college they'll be a gym as well (if not in your acommodation) and I'm sure you could get a groupgoing if there isn't one!

Ah well, sorry this was a bit long. I wish you the best of luck sweet cheeks - I'm sure you're going to be fine!!
seranab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:13 PM   #37  

Hello! I am 19, 20 in August, and a second semester sophomore majoring in Psych right now! Yaaaaaaaay college.
cephalopod gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 02:43 AM   #38  

S/C/G: 200/198/115

Height: 5'4"

College student here. English major, five years into my B.A., so taking my sweet time! And unfortunately getting bigger with each of those years as well...
Jero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 07:54 AM   #39  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

I'm Irish, and currently in my 2nd year of Law. I love it, but I have very few hours, which I actually don't like as some days I'm finished lectures early and just come home, watch tv and pick at food! As I live so close to my University, it's so easy to do this. However, my exams are coming up soon, so I've started to go to my local library where there is a study area with individual cubicles an I bring a pre-packed lunch. It's done WONDERS as I can only eat what I brought, which I make the night before so I know it's going to be a healthier option than if I bought something in the shop, not to mention cheaper!

All in all, college is a LOTTA fun, though I've had to cut down on the drinking, trying only to go out once a week (I used to go out 3 times) as we all know alcohol is empty calories, but the hangover day is the worst for me!! Eat anything I crave!
katewillbehappier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 08:31 AM   #40  

28 here (I feel old now!) and just finished a Master's degree in Medieval Studies at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland. So fasttimesatfatu, if you have any questions about going from the US to live in the UK, let me know ^^

The hardest part of being an undergraduate/post graduate were the food choices. Living on my own, it was so much easier for me to grab a take away or something instead of cooking for myself..however, that caused some serious weight gain, so I recommend avoiding the chip and kebab shops
Arian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2008, 01:50 PM   #41  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey...I'm in my third year as an occupational therapy major.

College definetly presents its own unique challenges and obstacles...
Many social activities on campus involve either food or alcohol is some way or form...It's like it's almost obligatory to snack while hanging out.
My late night stress-induced junk food runs with my friends were of no help to me either....
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 02:22 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 265/265/160

Height: 5'7

Hey Last semester psy major here! I think everyone faces the same things in college, between the stress and unhealthy food choices. I just started here and I could use all the help and support I can get...I have a long way to my goal!
Jazzcat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 04:37 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 135/135/120

Welcome Jazzcat! It's definitely the right move to join 3FC...such a motivator x
katewillbehappier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #44  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

One great thing about college though is that we are all going through the same things so you don't have to go it alone. Finding a workout buddy is usually super easy. Right now I've teamed up with a friend to keep ourselves on track with working out and eating right. We're definetly on our way!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:46 AM   #45  
44lbs gone!

S/C/G: 154/112/105

Height: 4'10''

Hiya!
Im in 3rd yr at Uni, Biology BSc!
angeleyezx is offline   Reply With Quote