Old 02-25-2008, 02:15 AM   #16  
Wanting 2 b Smokin Hot!

S/C/G: 396/350/199

Height: 5'2''

i think i would have to say all my friends, x bfs, and family because the only ppl that actually believe in me are my mom and my grandmother, i also had my grandfather but he died a yr ago as of dec. (he was sooo proud of me when i was losing weight) and u guys. no 1 thinks i can so i have to prove everyone that i can cuz i want jaws to drop to the ground.

Last edited by CurvaceousCutie; 02-25-2008 at 02:18 AM.
CurvaceousCutie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 03:54 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

DH of course but mostly probably my sisters and my coworkers.
2beautiful2Bfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 05:22 AM   #18  
The Last 10lbs!

There was this boy I was head over heels for in junior high/high school. I was a bit of a dork, you know, braces, a little overweight, spent a lot of time reading, quite studious, etc, and he was always so nice to me. He went to another school for a year and when he came back, he had really grown into his looks and suddenly became incredibly popular. I would love to see him again, even just to show that I'm not the dork I used to be

I will be going home March 21 for the first time since January 11 and am excited to show my mom the weight I've lost! I can't really see it in my own body, but I really hope she can since I haven't seen her in several months!
freedomreins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:22 AM   #19  
Made of Starstuff

Okay... so there was this one guy in highschool that I had an unhealthy crush on. It was a strange thing for me. I liked him, but it was almost like I wanted to be him. That sounds weird. It's not like that! I mean, he was funny, charismatic, well-liked by almost everyone in the class. He was busy living life and doing all sorts of things. I just felt so... boring and gray when I was around him. I kind of wish I could show up to my class reunion in a sexy little number and finally feel like I have some spark of personality near him.

Also, my best friend from high school. (I saw her in October at her wedding, but she didn't notice anything then... mostly because it was her wedding day. I'm sure some other things were on her mind. ) She's just always been smaller than me. I hated it when she'd take me with her when she was shopping. I was so obviously the fat friend helping her better looking friend to look even better. I kind of want to drag her out shopping for once. Mwa ha ha ha ha ha.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 AM   #20  

Height: 5'7"

Yeah, mostly high school people for me. I guess that means I have four years til I have to get the weight off since that's when my 10-year reunion will be (I went to high school in canada and therefore never run into anyone here in VA).
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:57 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

For me it's my boyfriend's father.

I've been with my bf for over a year now, and there was some original backlash from his parents (racial issues, plus I'm older than him by 7 years). They didn't initially approve of us dating, but once I spent a little time with them then his mother completely reversed her opinion and is now convinced we should be together forever; his dad on the other hand, still hasn't come around.

I thought the reason was because he was still uncomfortable with the age difference, but it turns out that the real reason is just that he didn't think I was pretty enough for his son, largely due to my weight
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:16 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 76.2/76/58kg

Height: 5ft6/1.67m

Great topic! Hmm for me it's about liking myself more, but I also want to wipe the smug smiles off my skinny friends faces when we go shopping and I can get into their clothes sizes.. hahahaha! Also want my boyfriend to feel he can show me off and I'll look really ace. I mean I don't look bad now, I just know at my personal ideal weight I look miles better...
tiggy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #23  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Mostly for the boy, he gets such a kick of me coming back from the gym and having muscles now. And for a friend of ours, who knew the boy all the way up from highschool, and says 'curvy' is his type (when I know in her head she is just substituting the word fat) when its not...the more weight I loose the more excited he gets!
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 AM   #24  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

high school reunion definately!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:27 AM   #25  
weeeeeeeeeeeee

Height: 5'9"

My BF, although he loves me how I am and doesn't care if I lose weight (at least he says he doesn't).

My grandma, because every single time I see her she says "Oh, honey you've lost weight!" even if I had put on 20 lbs since the last time I saw her. I'm not sure if she does it to make me feel good (probably) or to make me think about losing weight (a less likely conspiracy). Either way it'd be nice for her to say it without lying.

My best friend, because she is overweight too, but lacks the motivation to do anything about it. She insisted that she would do Weight Watchers with me when I joined in January, but she also insisted that she "already knew how to do it" and didn't want to go to the meetings. She fell off the wagon after a week or two. I'd really like to show her that it can be done with a little determination and planning and be an inspiration to her!

It would also be nice to look hot for my ten year reunion (2010)! I think I should be able to reach goal by then!
8mickey2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:18 AM   #26  
here we go again

S/C/G: 168/ticker/140

Height: 5 foot 7

I would like to show my aunt (who is skinny as a rail and eats whatever she wants). I don't think she'll appreciate how hard I've worked to lose (or how much her past comments have hurt me), but whatever, I want her to not be able to find one negative thing to say to me about my appearance. I also would love to go back to the bar I used to be a regular at and wow the guys that hang out there (some of them former flames) with how good I (will) look.
carolineintx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:03 AM   #27  
Work in progress

S/C/G: 165/ticker/120???

Height: 5'2"

My relatives. I have heard them talk behind my back throughout the years about my weight gain. The second I got married, all I kept hearing was- well now you have permission to get fat and let yourself go. All my relatives (minus two thin cousins of mine) are overweight... my parents, my uncles, my aunts. I have been told to my face when I am eating smaller portions that our family is supposed to be fat, and I need to let go of any dreams I have of being thin. Thanks guys...

Also, my father in law. Before college, I put 20 lbs rather quickly. He went to my husband (who was just my BF at the time) and was like... Is Emily really depressed? I've noticed all the weight she has gained. Oh great, so because I gained weight, it means I'm depressed? Actually, the reason I gained so much weight is because the few months before college, I didn't think I was going to get to eat a lot of my mom's cooking anymore (and she is a FANTASTIC cook) and so every meal I tried to eat as much as I could so I could "remember" her food. LOL, too bad I moved back to my parents a year later to commute to school, and I ate her food for another 2 years after that Definitely not low-calorie food, lemme tell ya. I am glad I didn't inherit her good cooking jean, or I would eat a lot more of my own food, lol.
LittleMoonRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:16 AM   #28  

S/C/G: 225/213/150

Height: 5'6

I'm going to agree with all of those who said ex-bfs. One of mine in particular started cheating on me in the end with a girl who was much thinner than i. She's gained about 60 or 70 lbs in the past two years. I'll see both of them at a very fancy event this summer, where i plan to look absolutely amazing and have a wonderful date.
nutrition junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 11:23 AM   #29  

S/C/G: 252/215/150

Height: 5'10

This guy that I was head over heels in lust with. He kind of screwed with my head, would send me flirty text messages, then whenever I would see him in public he would ignore me. I later found out he sends text messages to like every girl in his phone. After this had been going on for awhile I ran into him and he was a total jerk, I was crushed. I want to run into him and have the opportunity to blow him off
Scarlett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 12:18 PM   #30  
No Excuses

S/C/G: 169.8/159/135

Height: 5'4

I really want to wow my boyfriend's family. They've never said anything about my weight, but I wasn't extremely overweight. But my boyfriend is way skinny! He's tiny! That's how his sister is as well. I just feel uncomfortable around his family sometimes.

Also I want to see people from my high school, I went to a private school were people could afford private trainers and all sorts of memberships to health clubs. So the girls there were very skinny and fit.

Most of all I want to see my body and be happy with it, I've been overweight all my life so it will be a huge moment when I hit my GW

Last edited by luposlipaphobia87; 02-25-2008 at 12:19 PM.
luposlipaphobia87 is offline   Reply With Quote