3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   ****Weekly Chat 2/18-2/24**** (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/134731-%2A%2A%2A%2Aweekly-chat-2-18-2-24%2A%2A%2A%2A.html)

shrinkinglizzy 02-18-2008 08:58 AM

****Weekly Chat 2/18-2/24****

Good morning, good morning!

OK, after a fairly terrible week (think chocolates and a lot of battles of the binge), I'm .5 lbs down :carrot:. Thank you, weight loss gods. It just makes me think -- imagine if I actually stayed On Plan??!!
And on that note, I've decided to rethink how I'm approaching this. I've freed myself from the daily weigh-ins, which has been a great change, one I recommend trying for all those daily weighers out there. And so I've changed my goals to reflect staying on plan rather than how much weight I've lost. This week, I'm aiming for 3 days totally OP, and Thursday is my birthday, so....um, probably gonna use my Flex Points that day.

I love how every Monday feels like a fresh start, though. Here I go....

I miss checking in with you all daily but this computer situation has really gotten out of hand. It seems that all of my problems are coming from Vista. Anyone else out there suffering at the hands of Bill Gates' attempt to conquer Apple? Any advice? I'm going to try to see if Circuit City will take this junk machine back and let me exchange it for my very first Apple...though I kind of doubt they'll cooperate.

S

illbehotoneday 02-18-2008 09:03 AM

I am so proud that you still lost! I gained 3lbs..hoping it's water weight bc 3lbs is drastic when I barely got off plan. BUT, I'm proud. Hopefully we can both stay on plan this week...and happy early bday.

about the computer (and very off topic), I've never bought an apple before..always used a PC. I am really considering getting an apple laptop when I get a new job! Are they better than dells? or just different?

suitejudyblueeyes 02-18-2008 09:48 AM

VISTA BLOWS. Majorly.

I have XP at home, and it's perfectly servicable still after 7 years. I have had Vista at work for 8 months, and the problems are endless........ One of the things that might help is if you take some time to turn off the "prettiness" of Vista -- the transparent window borders, the screen previews, the widget sidebar thing, all that. It will help your comp run a little smoother.

I'm thinking my next computer will be a Mac. I can't stand this Microsoft bullsh*t anymore. I mean, seriously. I feel like that stupid company is working harder to screw Mac users than to make Windows users happy. Dumb, dumb, dumb business strategy, and it's starting to cost them major numbers of customers.

/end computer rant!

Sonja - WOO for the -0.5!! I also had a little loss last week (0.6), but considering all the chocolate, chinese food, and hamburgers that fit into my diet last week, I'm happy with that fraction of a pound. I TOTALLY agree with both your shunning of the scale and weight-related time-restricted goals. I can't express how happy I am to hear you've discovered those two things. Both cause such undue stress on us, and what's more important is that we focus on staying OP, which is exactly what you're doing. A big WOOHOO for you, girl!!

illbehot - Macs are far more user-friendly than Windows machines are. It'll be an adjustment, though, as things work slightly differently between the two. See above computer-related rant :)

Man, my abs seriously hurt. I did the AbJam workout on my TurboJam set, and holllly cow. I'd never done it before, this is pretty surprising. I finally got off my butt this weekend and exercised, since I missed ALL of last week's exercise for whatever reason. I was active both days, which was great, and I'm wearing my pedometer today for the first time in a long while so I'm going to work on getting some extra steps in today. It helps that the weather is GORGEOUS and I'd much rather be outside than in front of this computer.

That being said, I'm starting to hate my job. It's really getting to me. I've been here 9 months... and I've told myself I would stick it out to the 1-year mark at least. I really can't leave this job until DH finds something, anyway... but ARGH, this is not what I want to be doing for the rest of my life!! I watched Office Space again last night and just kind of nodded in depressed agreement at a lot of the office crap... depressing cubes, sitting in front of computers all day, socially inept boss, etc. The problem is, I have no idea what I'd rather be doing. Something where I get to actually interact with people, preferably. This job is driving me nuts.

Oh well. Onwards and upwards.

Happy Monday everyone.

mandajuned 02-18-2008 10:10 AM

shrinkinglizzy: Happy early birthday and congrats on still losing weight!

illbehotoneday: I'm sure you're just struggling with water weight. I just had a huge battle with my scale and water weight this past two weeks. Just keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll see that weight disappear soon.

suitejudyblueeyes: I know how you feel about your job. I was at my last job for almost two years, and I hated every single day of it. But I couldn't find anything better in the area. That's one of the top reasons DH and I moved to Columbus. We were both stuck in jobs that were going nowhere. Now I'm working in a daycare working with older infants. Although I know I could make more money elsewhere, this is the most rewarding job I've ever had in my life. I hope you find what you're looking for when the time is right.

So I don't think I've posted in over a week. I noticed I gained about 4 lbs in a week, even though I haven't strayed from my diet or work out plan once. Then about a day after that depressing weigh in, I got so sick, I couldn't even breathe at night forcing me to wake up every 30 minutes to try and catch my breath. Plus the fact that I just started a new job, I haven't had a whole lot of time to post, or felt like I had anything to talk about that was worthy of posting.

But alas...I have the day off, I'm feeling a WHOLE LOT better, and not only did I lose that 4 lbs I gained back..but I lost another 6 lbs on top of that. So here I am, I should be cleaning the house or something more productive. But I haven't worked out in almost two weeks, and I came here hoping to find some motivation to get back on track.

Anyways, have a happy President's Day!

SlimmingDown 02-18-2008 10:16 AM

Good morning ladies!

This morning the scale was up again! I went from having lost 5 pounds to having lost 3.2. Tomorrow is my official WI day so we'll see what the scale says then. I am attributing the gains to just starting to work out again.

Yesterday I had a little splurge with the Fudge Rounds that I had thrown away. At least they are finally gone! I made a casserole last night and brought in a serving for lunch with some yogurt. I have been journaling everything for 6 full days and haven't gone over 1800 even with my splurges. I'm on a roll!!!!

CookieMonster416 02-18-2008 10:34 AM

shrinkinglizzy- I totally hear ya on the scale! I haven't weighed myself in months but I am working out and staying on plan. The number was just driving me crazy...

irishkatt 02-18-2008 11:45 AM

hey everyone, well done on the loses, no matter how small. At least you are making progress. I am eating well, getting lots of exercise and still not loosing anything. Its driving me nuts! I am trying really hard not to get discouraged because I know i will see something eventually but its soooo frustrating.

On a positive note I went to my first spinn class today and it was awesome, insanely hard but awesome. And that was only the begineers class...

frog0726 02-18-2008 12:10 PM

I ate not-so-good one day this week. I'm scared to look at the scale.

vdaybaby 02-18-2008 01:17 PM

Yeah I finallllllllllllllllly bought a scale! My roommate and I a both bought one in case there are discrepancies with one...

and I lost another 5 pounds! I told my roommate we should only weigh in once a week since weight tends to fluctuate. It was so funny though because he lost 5 pounds too, and then we had soy sauce with rice for dinner. And then all of a sudden he came running out of his bathroom saying "Oh my god! I gained 2 pounds!"

I was like hahahaha what happened to only once a week??? I told him it was water retention from the soy sauce...

sgregg 02-18-2008 02:16 PM

Hello, everyone! Back OP today. I have been slacking lately...especially last week...ugh, it was horrible. So, today is the start of a new week and I'm going to keep on truckin'. I did my 30 minutes of exercise today. 10 minutes on the rowing machine, 10 minutes on the bike, and 10 minutes on the elliptical. I like changing it up because it doesn't seem like it takes as long.
I have been thinking about getting a new computer...I hear my monitor is about to go out because it does this shaking thing sometimes.

vdaybaby: Congrats on another loss!!! That's awesome! That's funny about your roommate.

frog0726: I think you will be fine. Don't beat yourself up over it. It's just one day.

irishkatt: Have you been measuring yourself too? You may be losing inches.

SlimmingDown: Good job on your calorie intake! Don't worry about that scale...it is the devil!

mandajuned: Congrats on your loss! That's so great!

suitejudyblueeyes: Wish you liked your job more. I would like to get an office job, believe it or not. Sometimes I get really tired of seeing people everyday. Guess you can't be happy either way, huh?..lol. Sore abs...yay! :D That means you are getting something done.

illbehotoneday: Surely it's water weight.

shrinkinglizzy 02-18-2008 02:18 PM

Illbehot – here’s to an OP week!! As for the computers, I understand that apples are far less susceptible to viruses, and also simply more user friendly. So far today, this here machine’s been OK, as long as I don’t download any updates (but doesn’t that seem weird??)

SuiteJudy – really? All cosmetic stuff makes a difference? And I’m kicking myself right now – I had the opportunity to become a Mac person and apparently, I blew it. Hey, rant all you want – I need the commiseration/advice! Thanks for the support!! What job do you have? Have you thought about seeing a career counselor (says the therapist in training…)

Manda n—wow that sounds like a miserable sickness! Hope you’ve found the motivation – if it helps any, I had a GREAT workout this morning and I feel so good now!! Don’t you want to feel that???

Slimming – yes yes working out can make the scale go up so please don’t get too discouraged! And remember to drink lots of WATER (I’ve read your alcohol posts, girl, drink WATER, plain WATER!) Sounds like you’re doing good with your calorie intake, anyway – keep it up!

Cookie – whoa, months??? Whoa!! OK, I’ve gone a week and I’m pretty good with that! Maybe I’ll be scale free one day, but this has been a long, steady relationship!!

Irish – I know how you feel about the plateaus…but congrats on spin!! Those classes can be insanely good OR bad – I just went to one where the instructor kept checking his cell phone, and walked around the bikes, adjusting peoples’ resistance. I thought that was pretty lame. Not going back to his class!
Frog – eh, leave the scale another week, then. Here’s to a new week!

Vday – yay 5 lbs!! that is soooo much!!!

readyfreddy 02-18-2008 02:28 PM

happy presidents day everyone! do you have the day off?

im spending it relaxing for half the day and in 30 mins or so im headed to school to do work.

had a bit of a binge last night but im picking myself back up and getting back on track!

SlimmingDown 02-18-2008 06:06 PM

Dang it, I was sushi tonight but I don't want the sodium from the soy sauce because tomorrow is my WI day. What to do???

tinsica 02-18-2008 07:40 PM

Hi lovelies!

I just got back from the best outing with my dad and it's sunny and I've been smilling aaaaall day. He came in to town and we tried out this new sushi restaurant and it was pretty decent. Nothing like my fave but not too shabby! And I actually stopped eating when I was satisified (and it's so easy for me to gorge when it comes to sushi).

Shrinking: Sorry to hear about your computer woes. No real advice that can help you out now but I always as rule of thumb never upgrade until it has been out for a considerable amount of time or when my current one is becoming too obsolete. If you can, I'd just drop it back to XP.

And to everyone who has lost, congrats!!!!

CookieMonster416 02-18-2008 08:47 PM

Hey everybody! It was so nice to have the day off, gotta love those presidents.

So has anyone heard of this new show on WE called "Bulging Brides"? Basically 6 weeks before her wedding a bride tries on her dress and it is too tight so she gets a trainer and a nutritionist who somehow gets to lose 20 pounds. It's an entertaining show for those of us that like to see how other people lose weight. One thing I wonder is on this first episode a bride ordered her wedding gown 2 sizes too small!!!! Talk about a lot of pressure. For my sister's engagement party I got this dress and I gained like 5-10 pounds that month and the dress wouldn't zip. I literally had to fast for like a week so that it would zip and then that day in the middle of the party seriously it like popped and I had to leave it 1/2 zipped. For my wedding I would definitely NOT get it too small. I would rather have to get it taken in a week before than to be like **** it looks terrible.