Old 02-23-2008, 12:02 PM   #76  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

SlimmingDown - That hike sounds awesome! I am jealous!

ShrinkingLizzy - It probably will help to count points so you can hold yourself accountable. But just start anew today. Don't worry about yesterday or the day before.

Today i am meeting a couple friends for lunch and a movie. I am praying i can pick a good dish wherever we end up going. She said something about one of the delis by the theater, which will be good as long as i stay to a small turkey sandwich and not be swayed by anything such as meatball sub or chicken parm sub.
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:19 PM   #77  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Lizzy- I hear ya on the cookies. It is impossible for me to bake without eating like, ten. Seriously. They are just SO GOOD. I don't think there's a solution except not to bake (which sucks, since it is one of my favorite hobbies). Give yourself a treat once in a while though and go out and buy (one) cookie!

I weighed myself a little early and am at 144. I don't think my TOM weight is off yet though, so I hope I'm a little less by Monday! Just spending the weekend getting organized here. I wanted to start my taxes but I am missing 2 receipts still, one being my part time job that they apparently won't send out until the last day of February! So annoying. I'm also going to be cooking some meals for myself during the week (one is a chicken dish with apricots and raisins on couscous, and the other is my favorite sandwich: chicken breasts with pear and dijon vinagrette YUM YUM YUM!).

Totally off topic: if my credit card says it expires March/08, this means the end of March, right? When do they normally send me a new card? I have some stuff automatically charged to it each month and don't want it to be declined!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 12:31 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Huh, that's a really good question about the credit cards. They usually just send it automatically so I would think it would be arriving...I always lose my wallet so I've never had a credit card reach its expiration! I would call the CC company.
S
PS after writing I got my butt up and boiled up some chix broth and garlic, which always makes me feel a little better when I'm under the weather. I'm finally back to doing things my body LIKES, rather than punishing myself. So strange the psychology that goes along with food/weight issues.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:12 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

lizzy-- Jeanette Neil is over by North Station -- pretty far for you. And I go to BC, though I'm way closer to BU!! Don't worry about having a few off days...just remember how crappy you feel now and know that you don't want to feel like that again!! Get back on track and it'll be like it never happened
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 01:33 PM   #80  

hi everyone! mind if i jump in here? the group i was in gradually died out, and i do a lot better if i have a regular place to check in etc.
countrygirl7902 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #81  

lizzy that is so weird- cuz i was planning to be so much thinner by now too! haha
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 03:27 PM   #82  

ps slimming - we want to see pics from the masquerade ball!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 11:58 PM   #83  

countrygirl -- welcome!! it all makes us feel better, too
Old 02-24-2008, 08:02 AM   #84  
Goonies never say die!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/145

eeep! I am scared today! I have a baby shower to go to for my sister in law. Her family is Puerto Rican and they always make all of these delicious dishes at any get together full of beans and rice and then there is the mac & cheese and they are just big family togetherness food people! I love them but AAAAAAAAH i am scared to face the buffet table!

Hopefully my niece will be there who is turning 4 next month so i can focus more on helping her cut her food and eat and not focus on stuffing my face so much!

I am pretty sure there won't be any "healthy" choices there unless my mom brings a veggie tray with her. I just need to make sure i do this in moderation!
DaisyNicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 09:47 AM   #85  

morning! i've done pretty well this weekend. i tend to eat out of boredom when i'm home all weekend. i was supposed to work 2 12hr shifts but they didn't need me. so it was all i could do to not spend all day saturday in the kitchen grazing. i worked out in the morning to distract me and spent the rest of the day on this site! lol

Daisy - good luck at the shower! you'll do fine. moderation is the key. but even if you go overboard, don't get down on yourself. we've all been to those family food events, and it's hard! focus on enjoying the party!
Old 02-24-2008, 10:30 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

uuuuuuuugggggggghhhhhhhh I'm officially siiiiiiick and I just don't have the time for that.
uuuuuuuuuugggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh.
S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 11:31 AM   #87  

Daisy Nicole -- give yourself the same portions you give to the little one, and cut them into the same size pieces. Granted, you might need more than one portion with it being that small, but I bet you'll feel full faster and not overeat as much. And let yourself have a little fun. If you really really love that mac & cheese, just and in a more intense workout later in the week -- it'll probably be worth it! ha!
Old 02-24-2008, 01:28 PM   #88  

shrinkinglizzy - that sucks
Old 02-24-2008, 01:40 PM   #89  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Default Weigh in Day

Success finally! After three tough weeks of losing, gaining, losing... I had a big loss this week. 7.6 lbs! I know that's a lot for one week, but it's my first big weight loss and I know if I only have this one or two times I have nothing to worry about. Besides I still ate between 1700-1900 calories every day. My big changes were that I only had three sodas (100 calorie mini sodas) all week and I did one more workout then usual. Also, I've lost 7" total since day 1 (one month ago).
I'm so pumped to keep going!!!
KimL1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2008, 02:03 PM   #90  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Kim- glad to see that scale is finally cooperating!

I am loving fitday! My only annoyance is that it doesn't have some really popular things (ham and pineapple pizza? slimfast shakes?) so I have to improvise. After the first couple of days I could see that I was eating like 75% carbs, so I decided to get some protein in my diet. I am having a hardboiled egg with breakfast (usually cereal) and I'm full so much longer now! Also have some protein bars and cheese strings for snacks at work instead of regular granola bars.
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote