Old 02-20-2008, 09:39 AM   #46  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I'm so jealous of y'all with the Trader Joes & Whole Foods. We have neither! I live in small town South FL (okay...I have great beaches, so I'm sure y'all are a bit jealous of that) but c'mon...we have Publix which is a great CLEAN grocery store...but I hear about TJ's all the time and Whole Foods..and I'm just jealous!!! so Unfair - we just don't have that sort of stuff around here!

Boo hoo!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:28 AM   #47  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

TJs is WAY cheaper than Whole Foods. It is smaller though so not quite the selection. I've never been disappointed though. There frozen food is great also!
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:36 AM   #48  

Good morning everybody!

So today I switched up my cardio, instead of the eliptical like I do almost every other morning I did the bike. Nice to change things up every once in a while.

I don't really go to Whole Foods and Trader Joes. I am a "brand" girl and Whole Foods doesn't have the brands that I'm used to. Plus, I've come to the realization that just because something is organic doesn't mean it's low calorie. For, it's all about low calorie. The reason I don't go to Trader Joes is that in a way I'm kind of in a fight with the store haha. I used to eat their Pirates Booty all of the time and then I found out that they underreported their nutrition content. I was very upset
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:37 AM   #49  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I love the 2 buck chuck (decent bottle of wine for $2!)
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:44 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 164.3/see ticker/118

Height: 5'3"

Hey all.

Well I've been majorly off plan for the last several days. I'm not overly optimistic for the next few days either. I'm off to a teachers convention this afternoon and will be staying in a hotel till friday. Then Friday night is our girl guide sleep over.... 48 girls, lots of pizza and no sleep. I get to go strait from that to dinner with my bf's family. It's going to be a really long week. I'm hoping to squeeze in a few work outs and try to watch what I eat. No fries, and only one slice of pizza. You can't be perfect all the time right?

I have to admit, my feet are killing me. I've been on my feet several hours a day at work in high heels. (I own 3 pairs of flats: flip-flops, running shoes and a beat up pair of sneakers.) My feet are not happy. It was sheer bliss slipping into my new running shoes this morning. They were so cushiony, soft and comfy. It was wonderful, and to make them even better they are hot pink! I mean all hot pink.... My bf bought them for me and he was sooo not impressed. Just wait till he seems me in my long john's when we go back-packing this summer - bright pink all the way. Pink socks, pink bottoms, pink top and a matching pink touque. I also have the set in bright purple.... No loosing me in the woods! Though I'm sure once he see my outfit he will definately try!

I wish we had trader joes here in canada. I've been to whole food, there's one in toronto I believe and I've been to a couple in the states. I agree with the whole paycheque thing. But trader joes sounds awesome.

cookie Bulging brides is a canadian show, the eposides are filmed in Vancouver BC. It's a spin off of another show called Last 10 Pounds Boot Camp. It has the same trainer and nutrionist and the premise is similar. Usually a girl tries to loose 10lbs in 4 weeks for an event. They buy a "target outfit" usually a size or two smaller than what she trys on and the girl has to fit into it by the end of the 4 weeks. I love that show. We also have another show called X weighted that follows an individual for 6 months as they try to make a lifestyle change and lose weight. It's my new all time fav. show. Much more motivating than the biggest looser. Real people, trying to lose weight the proper way, no game play and no competion. It's basically us doing what we're trying to do.

Well I'm off to get organized for my teacher convention. Have a good week everyone!
shantroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:32 PM   #51  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Happy Hump Day...

Just a quick check in to let everyone know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth. Work is crazy and still playing catch up after being gone a few days with sick kidos.

I hope that everyone is having a great week and I will try to check back in later on - ttfn.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:24 PM   #52  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

We don't have a Trader Joe's or a Whole Foods. Our grocery store has organic foods, but a $6 organic watermelon the size of a cantaloupe doesn't go far in my house. I heard Ukrops has a decent organic selection...too bad it's 35 minutes away!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:09 PM   #53  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

I am sitting here patiently waiting for our coo-op grocery store to open. It may next year, but only if they sell enough shares. I love to support local farmers, I am all eco-friendly don't waste food...don't use plastic bags..kind of person. It's almost a new thing with me though, I guess it's my job being a community outreach coordinator at a college. I see how wasteful people are and how much others could benefit..so I'm supporting local.

I mean, have you ever had produce from a farmer that lives down the road? FARRR better tasting than Walmart produce. not to mention this new coo-op store will have local cheese, meats, hot foods bar, etc.

...still waiting.
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:28 PM   #54  
Queen Yo-yo

S/C/G: 185/169.2/135

Height: 5'4"

Hello hello all.
I know, my absenteeism is ridiculous. I haven't got time to go over everyone's posts and for that I am truly sorry. Love to you all anyhow, though.

My Rambling Update:
I went home for reading week-- the equivalent of "Spring Break" for all you American folks. Actually, it's the middle of my reading week, and I'm back at school as of today. I was at home Saturday until today, and today was spent doing schoolwork in the sculpture lab all day long.
At home this weekend I was not good about food.
I was not terrible, either.
But I was most certainly not good.
I think I've gained a pound or two back. It's not ridiculous by any means, it's the middle of the day when I got back to my room and my scale and I'm slightly over 163.5, which I was some days when I'd just eaten, anyhow...

I haven't gone to the gym in a bit over a week, as well, I think. My schoolwork and job interviews and overdue assignments and work shifts have been weighing heavily on my mind and I'm freaking out.. just a little. I feel really terrible that if I'd been really GOOD this weekend I probably could've lost some weight while at home.

What doesn't help is that almost all of the food places on campus are closed right now, or operating under "modified hours" because there are about 100 of the 20,000 students who attend this university actually HERE right now. I was starving at lunch today, but I couldn't get a pita, or a sandwich, the soup bar was closed, as was the "Mom's Kitchen" portion of the caf-- resulting in my eating a greasy slice of pizza for lunch.

I'm starting to go to the gym again tomorrow morning, and hopefully will be able to find healthy(ish) alternatives to pizza tomorrow if I plan-ahead.

I refuse to beat myself up over this weekend, because I ate this weekend the way I intend to eat for the rest of my life. I was cautious, I was conscious of how much I was intaking calorie-wise. I tended to choose healthier snacks (frozen blueberries and natural yogurt with a bit of Splenda or rice crackers or light microwave popcorn), but I also allowed myself to have a pasta dinner out with a friend the one evening as well. I didn't let the knowledge that I'd eaten something fattening totally derail me, or give me permission to eat a ton of extra junk that night either.

Hey, has anyone ever had someone treat them like they have an eating disorder for being calorie-conscious? I love my best friend, but because we're so tight, I basically say whatever's on my mind to her. I mentioned a few times calorie contents of things I might've just eaten, or said once when she was trying to push junk on me that I was fine, and I'd already gone over my official "daily calorie intake" and she got all annoyingly concerned like I'm starving myself or bingeing and purging or something akin to that. I mean, it's great she's concerned about me, but her concern is REALLY unnecessary, you know? And it almost came off less as concern and more as food pushing in general. She kinda scoffed at my choices and was like, "Ohhhhmigod, who CARES? Just go to the gym and work it off," or, "SERIOUSLY, Jess, you can't NEVER HAVE JUNK FOOD AGAIN."
Well d'uh. But I can choose to say "no" sometimes, can't I?

Anyhow, sorry for the ramble, I just haven't had anyone to talk to about my weight loss jazz this past week or so. Man, I'm busy and stressed.
Jelbb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:53 PM   #55  

I DEFINITELY have friends like that Jelbb. In fact, to be specific I have 2 friends like that. 1 of the friends is like that because she feels uncomfortable when she eats and weighs more than me. We have always had a very competitive friendship (school, boys, weight). The other friend is naturally very thin (to the point of where she struggles to gain weight) and just doesn't understand that not everybody can just eat crap all of the time.
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 05:54 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Arts – I really should check out some dance classes. It’s been on my ‘to-do’ for so long.
Irish – I think spin works you differently than walking. At least you know you’ve worked out!!
Illbehot – DO IT! I used to drive way further than that to get to the nearest TJs. At least once, do it. Just read your co-op post…I’m all about the coops, but ours here in beantown has gotten pretty corporate. I actually met my boyfriend there – I joined and started volunteering in the produce dept, and he was managing it at the time. After a while, though, he started to feel like the upper management was pretty bunk – they hired a GM from (literally) a Piggly Wiggly in Georgia, who started making some pretty un-coopy changes. Anyway, I would bet that the coop you’re describing would be pretty true to the real goals of a coop, and I hope that you guys can get it going! In the meantime, have you thought about buying into a community farm? Do they do that where you are?
Gator – yeah, sorry bout that. I’ll trade you some frozen fish for a day at the beach, though!
Slimming – the frozen foods are where it’s AT!
Cookie – whoa they messed up their labeling?? That’s no good!
Shantroy – that outfit sounds pretty funny!
Lovin – glad you’re still on the wagon!
Jess!!! Hey girl. Sorry to hear about your friend, but you gotta laugh it off, I think. I take myself pretty seriously about this stuff, so I think others do, too (um, that's the opposite of laughing it off, isn't it. Whatever, my brain has fizzled). Glad to hear from you!!

OK, so me time. I’m at work now, I was stood up by my two last clients, and I’ve been in a TRULY crappy mood all day, so when a friend invited me out after work, I was all about it (HELLO, wine!). However, now that I’ve been stood up, I realize that I could have gone to the gym…ugh but I just don’t wanna! Why am I so down??? I ate some crackers but that didn’t help (surprise surprise!). I’m dying for a cigarette and some fried chicken and wine (nice combo, huh?). But, I want to lose weight. Loooooooose weight. Bye bye weight. Adios, weight.
I’m gonna head out of here and maybe try to start figuring out what I’m planning to do with my future. Small stuff.

S
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:36 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

Hey everyone. I started on a big ole post earlier today but DH got home and I just closed out of everything. Sorry that I'm not responding to everyone...I'm so tired. It's been a horrible day...not food wise though. So, I guess that's good. I am the supervisor over the Child Watch at our YMCA and I've had to be a little strict about some things. A few people don't like it and one put in her notice today. It really made me upset, but oh well. They are talking behind my back and bad-mouthing my rules...oh, the joys of being a supervisor...and working with all women on top of that...oh, it's hard at times. Anyway, to top it all off, my son throws a rock and hits my car and it shatters the driver's side back window...ugh ugh ugh! We will have to wait until Friday to get it fixed. I am praying that tomorrow will be a better day.
sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:15 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So I thought I would do a quick check in. I had a really busy day today with school. It was funny I got so busy that I didn't really have time to eat lunch so when I went to class right before my midterm and started eating my sandwich, my friends for the intership looked at me and were like "kept you that busy that you never got lunch in" they all knew how fusterated I was with how busy I had been (they made me re-do everything becuase they decided to change the attorney of record in my case. GRRRRRR). Anyways, midterm went so-so I wish I had more time to review right before but what can you do. But I got some laundry done when I got home, got another motion done, and then went and studied with a few friends for tomorrows midterm. I think this one will go much better!!!

On a good note we went to subway right before studying to grab dinner and I wanted to stay within my calorie range so I got a 6 inch chicken sub, lots of veggies, vinger as dressing and baked chips. Everyone else scarfed down 12 inch subs, tons of dressing. Then they made a comment about mine and I said that I just eat until I'm full, and this is the right portion size. I didn't even think twice about getting the small one.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:24 AM   #59  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

shrinkinglizzy -- how far outside boston are you?? there are some really great classes accessible by commuter rail! you should do it!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 12:49 AM   #60  
zuluprincess

S/C/G: 269/205/176

Height: 5'5"

Hi guys. Congratulations to all the people who are doing well. Keep up the good work. I finally signed up at the gym on sunday and i gotta tell you, i'm really glad i did. Things are looking up again. I'm down about 5 pounds since my last post. It's that horrible time of the month so I know i've put on some water weight but all will right itself by next week. Hope everyone has a great week. Wish me luck, i've got a big medical exam next week so i'm a bit high strung. Thank goodness for the gym and the release of endorphins....Ciao for now...
zuluprincess is offline   Reply With Quote