Old 02-19-2008, 05:02 PM   #31  

Great job Slimmingdown!!!

So I need to vent, my biggest pet peeve is restaurants that do not have nutrition facts available. In this day and age I think that is unacceptable. Everyone should have the right to see exactly what they are eating. People want to solve the obesity epidemic, start with forcing restaurants to post their nutrition content. I LOVE 2 popular chains: Go Roma (their cheese flatbread) and RA Sushi (their chicken teriyaki entree), but I'm scared to eat at either place since I have no clue how many calories the meals are. Very frustrating!
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Hey All! Well it’s been a stressful few days. I can back from my apartment from being at my sisters all weekend and my OS crashes. Big problem being that my computer has all of my school stuff and I spent a significant time outlining. And to make things better I have two midterms this week. Blah. My dad tells me what I need to buy to restore my files before I re-install. So that took like 4 hours on Monday after I got home from school. So exhausting.

Now I get to spend all night studying for midterm number 1 and all of tomorrow studying for midterm number 2. But then I get to go on vacation and I can’t wait. Even if I am taking work with me I need to get out of here for a few days.

Grrr to make things even better my back is out a few days now. I bought a hot patch so hopefully that will help.

On a good notes as I think I said last week I went to the bar with a bunch of single guys on Valentine’s day, which was crazy fun, but I was looking at the pictures and in everyone of them I thought to myself, I look cute there. It so nice to see pictures and not think of how big I am.

Lizzy – I understand the computer problem. It’s frustrating! Good job on the loss and Happy Early Birthday!

Illbehot - Sorry your up that is no fun. Hopefully its just water. I’m glad that you are getting an apartment, when you have control over what is coming into the house it makes it a lot easier to stay on plan. That is the best thing I could have done for my weight loss.

Jamie – I think that is a good thing that your abs hurt. Sorry that you don’t like your job that always sucks when you are in that situation.

Manda – how do you like your new job? I hate being sick, that is a bummer that you gained.

Jill – Good job staying under 1800. Can you eat sushi without soy sauce? Or bring a low sodium version? Opps just read the last one, 2.4 pounds is still great.

Katt – I’m glad you like your spinning class.

Frog – it’s a new week start over!

Vday – yeah Chinese will do that to me every time, and I can’t stop stepping on the scale everyday, I only count it once a week. That is good that your roommate is supporting you.

Shauna – I was thinking about doing that for the same reason I’ve just been sticking to the bike lately.

Freddy – I’m jealous you get Presidents Day off, I still had school

Roomtodance – what is the running bean detox?

Tinsca – good job stopping when you are satisfied.

Cookie – that is funny. I agree with you I’d rather get a little too big then too small because like you said you can always get it taken in. I love hungry girl. She also has a blog on food.yahoo.com in addition to her website. She has a great eggplant parm recipe. And I’m going to AZ on Friday!

Lissa – isn’t it weird when you actually have clothing that fits. It seems strange sometimes.

Amanda - yea for wearing a bikini! I can’t wait until I am somewhere warm.

Meagin – Welcome back! Whole food also has a lot of vegetarian food.

Cherry – It happens you’ll recover, and sometimes that greasy food is the best hangover food.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #33  
Goddess

S/C/G: 244.6/212.8/135

Height: 5'1/2"

I agree with you Cookie Monster. It is a huge pet peeve of mine too for the chains. I tend to eat at more local restaurants so I find it easiest to find similar food at a similar restaurant that does offer nutritional facts. I like this website, it is one of the more complete ones.

http://www.dietfacts.com/fastfood.asp
SlimmingDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:09 PM   #34  

Hahaha that's where I go too!!! Problem is for some reason they don't have the places I always used to go to. I mean for my favorite breakfast place I use Dennys, but I fear the portion of my breakfast place is a lot bigger and maybe I'm eating more than I think...
CookieMonster416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 07:31 PM   #35  
One pound at a time!

S/C/G: 264/239/199

Height: 5'6"

Hey Everybody!
I've been on 3FC for awhile but am new to the 20-something's thread!
I've been overweight my whole life and am finally ready to something about it! I married my best friend 7 months ago, and then started really gaining weight. Finally in November I decided I had to stop. I lost 10 pounds by Christmas trying to focus on eating fruits and veggies and doing TaeBo. January I couldn't quite get back in diet mode after the holidays. At the beginning of February I started the Slim Fast plan, using some Slim Fast products, limiting to 1500 calories a day including 5 fruits or veggies, and TaeBo or walking 6x a week. I have lost another 7 pounds. My current goal is to get the 20 pound mark for my birthday which is only a week and a half away! When I make it to -20, I'm planning on celebrating with buying some new underwear and a new pair of smaller jeans! My current jeans have gotten too big.
Anyway, that's a little about my journey so far. The toughest part is not eating like crazy when I feel lonely or stressed. The best part is that I feel my tummy and waist has gotten a bit smaller and my husband has noticed the difference too.
I look forward to getting to know some of you better too!
Beth
bethbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 09:07 PM   #36  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

This thread is interesting, but man is it hard to keep up with!
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

I just went to two ballet classes. In a row. OHhhhhhhhhhhhh goodness I'm not so sure that was a good idea!! But it was really fun and I feel so good!! I just know I'm going to be unbelievably sore tomorrow.
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:18 PM   #38  
clean eating chick

Height: 5'8

Well I'm done my first day tracking calories with fitday- just under 1500! Not bad for my first day using it. My goal is to keep them between 1300-1500.

Too bad they don't list calories on menus! I just wish they'd give us SMALLER PORTION SIZES! Or, at least the option of them. Most meals are enough for 3 people!
yesitsmeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 10:46 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I'm still waiting for the week to be over. But I studied for midterm number one tomorrow and number 2 on Thursday. I also got my motion and appearance done so this weekend is looking up. Now if I can get out of the thing I have to do Thursday night then I will be golden. Well off to bed.

Beth - Welcome to the forum. You will find a lot of support here.

Frog - Sometimes it is hard to keep up with but it is really a great way to get to know the other members. And keep a good dialoge.

Artsnsmart - Wow two classes in a row that is impressive.

Megain - Good job stying within the limits. I know what you mean about protions being enough for multiple people. I've started offering to split things with people or take part of it home. I can't even eat the full protion most of the time . . . Oh I just realized that I am going to have this problem on vacation.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 12:06 AM   #40  

Height: 5'5"

HI beth!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 07:49 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Height: 5'2"

Good morning girls!
SuiteJudy – yup, I agree with you about the bulk foods. That is something TJs doesn’t have. Unfortunately, for me, it’s like shopping with coupons. The idea is to save $$, but simply by walking into Whole Foods, I’m enthralled by all their exotic cheeses and chocolates and whatnot, and end up spending a ton of money when I’d intended to save by buying bulk! Just like with coupons, where I buy things I’d never normally buy simply because I save 35 cents.
Slimming – good job on the successful food shopping!!
Cookie – I agree with you about the restaurants, but I think one thing is to ask…the more people that ask, the more likely the restaurant is to provide what you want.
Remember – oh lord, I’m sorry to hear about your computer issues! Especially while you’re trying to study! But anyway, I’m so happy for your VDay successes! You have lost a lot of weight – I can imagine the difference you feel is pretty substantial!
BethBeth – Welcome!! It sounds like you’re following a good plan, but you haven’t mentioned exercise – is that part of it? Also, can I suggest just getting yourself the jeans now?? I only say this because I’m doing the same thing, holding out till the scale registers a particular number, but that means I haven’t got anything to wear!! You already deserve the new jeans, girl, you’ve been doing great work!!
Arts – Ballet classes? Are you a dancer? I went to a ballet class once with a dancer friend, and it was so hard, but not really PHYSICALLY hard, more like I could not remember any of the combinations and by the middle of the class, I was pretty much just walking back and forth while everyone else was sashaying and twirling…it was pretty pathetic!
Yesitsme – I hear you about the FitDay frustrations. I switched to Daily Plate, they have a much larger database of foods because anyone can add to it. But they don’t have that sweet little pie chart to tell you how much of your cals are coming from where…

I just ate some breakfast and I should be getting off to work. I have a bunch of clients in a row, and then I guess I'll hit the gym? I should see what classes there are, I'm getting bored with my own workout. And then it's work work work, I have to hand in a quiz tonight. We are out of milk for the coffee. Boo.

So, it's my birthday tomorrow, any self-pampering suggestions? I don't have work, and I'm planning to drive out to the restaurant I used to work at to satisfy a craving that's been with me for a while, any perhaps get a manicure, but not sure what else I could do...

Last edited by shrinkinglizzy; 02-20-2008 at 07:52 AM.
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:24 AM   #42  
Blabbermouth

S/C/G: 140/131/120

Height: 5'4

Arts, ballet classes sound fun!

Remember, it is good dialog, my problem is sometimes I don't have much time to sit and read through everything, what with my 3 kids running around all the time. Can they add like 4 hours to the day to give me more time for the internet?

Meagain, I wish they put nutritional information on menus, too, especially with that other post showing how deceiving some menu items can be (Ruby Tuesday's turkey burger).
frog0726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #43  

S/C/G: 220/ticker!/155

Height: 5'9"

shrinkinglizzy -- hahaha, that's definitely how it starts out some times, and once you're past the point of being horrifically confused, it's just plain hard. You really have to concentrate on what muscles you're using and how, and it's totally a full-body workout. I wouldn't call myself a "dancer" necessarily, since I'll never be professional by any means, but I am an actress, so I have to know basic dance/movement stuff for professional theatre, and when I started taking class I found I LOVED it, so I go between 3-4 times a week now. It definitely doesn't get easier (in terms of the workout!) but you learn to have excellent muscle control. I'd highly recommend it -- and great for flexibility as well!!
artsnsmarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:00 AM   #44  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Ok...you know how i mentioned spinning rocks....the fact that I am still walking like John Wayne two days later does not! My legs are killing me. Ive tryed stretching, a long bath, lots of water and they are still really stiff. I guess its just a conditioning thing, but man I though with all the walking I did my legs would be stronger then this!
irishkatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:03 AM   #45  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Trader Joes, it's really cheaper than whole foods? I think we have one like 25 minutes away. BUT I'm willing to drive once a month to do some shopping if it's cheaper!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote