3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   I need help! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/134378-i-need-help.html)

CurvaceousCutie 02-14-2008 12:42 AM

I need help!

So heres the thing i have 4 scales at home... yes i did say 4 scales lol 1 is digital n the others arent not. they all weight me all the same, but i go to the gym n im 30lbs heavier. its driving me crazy i dont know which 1 i should believe. the one at the gym or the 1s at home. what r ur guys thoughts? help me! lol

Kery 02-14-2008 01:04 AM

Depends. When are you weighing? If you weigh first thing in the morning, before breakfast, at home, and after some meal/later in the day/after your workout at the gym, there can be quite a difference between both weights anyway.

If your 4 scales all weigh you the same, though, maybe the one at the gym is a little off.

DaisyNicole 02-14-2008 06:32 AM

Also... is the floor your scales are on level? Maybe check with someone at the gym to verify that you are using it correctly and that they've not had any problems with it.

when i weigh at home in the morning (for the past couple days) i have been around 194.5 this is before eating and totally naked. When i went to the gym the other evening with my trainer she weighed me in at 198. It was also 6:30 PM and i had eaten and drank ALOT of water all day plus i had gym clothes on.

Lovely 02-14-2008 08:06 AM

Well, if 4 scales are weighing you the same, and the 5th is saying a huge difference like 30 lbs, I'd believe the 4.

However, I would bring it up to the gym personnel, just to make sure.

This is my scientific/experimental side talking, but I'd venture to take one of my home scales to the gym just one day, and compare side by side.

vealcalf2000 02-14-2008 08:21 AM

a 30lb difference seems like a big difference. do you go to a weight lifting gym-do they have weights you could maybe put on the scale to judge the accuracy? maybe even take one of your scales next time and put it right beside theirs and see if there is a difference.

SlimmingDown 02-14-2008 08:24 AM

Wow! That is a big difference. Have you checked the batteries in the digital? Also make sure the scale is on a hard surface. Being a numbers geek I would go with the 4 that are all telling you the same thing as opposed to the gym scale.

I agree with the above poster, tell the gym!

Razz44 02-14-2008 08:37 AM

30 lbs off? Thats a pretty huge difference. I could see it being a little bit of based on time of day and the fact that you might be wearing more clothes when you weigh yourself at the gym, but it definitely shouldn't be a 30 lbs difference.

Since you have 4 scales saying the same thing that those 4 are right and the gym is wrong. You are putting your scales on a hard surface right? I know putting it on a carpet or rug can alter results and make it seem like you are lighter than you are, but other then that I don't see why all 4 of your scales would be wrong.

CurvaceousCutie 02-14-2008 10:19 AM

Well i weigh myself in the morning, be4 i do anything with the same amt of clothes on. yes i just put in batteries like less than i week ago. i have weights n chked them (the 1s at home but not the 1 at the gym) the manuals all read 0 there on a wood floor. So i dont know.

foucault 02-14-2008 11:02 AM

I'm going to agree with the majority here. I'd believe the four scales and chuck out the number on the gym scale. You should probably mention it to someone at the gym. Maybe it has been thrown off for some reason. Can excessive use (or even misuse when no one is looking) cause a scale to go wacky?

dandk0204 02-14-2008 11:07 AM

I agree with everyone. I would believe the 4 scales but I would also ask about the gym scale and see what's up with that number.