Happy new month everyone!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:03 AM   #2  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Default goooodmorning!

Goodmorning everyone!

Well, this morning is starting out good. I woke up in a blah mood, not wanting to do much of anything. But I took my current read (Paula Deen's autobiography) and hopped on the eliptical. I never have time to read it and it's such a great book so I took it with me. It helped so much, for ONE I couldn't see the time on the eliptical to get discouraged and the time just flew by.

I think I'll always take a book with me. I only did 20 minutes though, which definately isn't enough. Maybe I'll do some more stuff tonight.

I'm so glad it's almost the weekend. I hope everyone has a happy friday!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 09:57 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Oh jeez, where did January go?? Why's it February already?? ACK!

illbehotoneday: WTG on getting on that elliptical, even for 20 minutes! I don't know if I could read on that kind of machine... I feel like it'd be as if I were reading in a car or on a bus or something. But I'm glad to hear you found something that works

We had a bit of an ice storm last night so everything's pretty dismal... My power went out overnight and that totally messed up my morning. I realized the power was out around 5am and couldn't get back to sleep... Couldn't do anything with the time (like work out) because of the lack of power... Couldn't make coffee or breakfast to speak of... Guh. I hope the weather clears up for the weekend, i'm going out to the countryside and had intended on getting my bike aired up and taking it out on the pretty (and hilly!) country roads. I hope that plan doesn't fall through due to crummy weather!!

I got a really awesome, pretty short haircut last night and I LOVE it. It's so fun. I feel all pretty and stuff when I have nice hair, it tends to make me happier When my hair gets long I get so lazy with it and always end up in a ponytail...

Well, my official WI is tomorrow morning. I've got my fingers crossed. I gave away my scale last week so I have NO idea what kind of progress I'm going to see tomorrow... It's pretty nerve-wracking.

Anybody else have weekend plans? Anything fun?

Happy February
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:05 AM   #4  
Work it!

S/C/G: 195/193/135

Height: 5'3"

Illbehotoneday: Bully for you for being able to read while exercising. I'm with suitejudyblueeyes, I'm not able to do that. Though I wish I could!

Suitejudyblueeyes: I'm in Leesburg and it's pretty nasty out here too! Though, I still have power, thank goodness. I don't know what I'd do without my morning cup of joe. ACK! hehe

I had my morning dog walks cancelled so I'm going to head on over to the club house and work up a sweat a little later. This is the kind of day where I just want to stay in and bake all day. And, of course, eat everything I bake. Perhaps I'll just search for some healthy recipes on vegweb so I can still bake.

No plans for the weekend other than cleaning up this place. That'll definitely burn some calories. Hehe
Jewelieta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:09 AM   #5  
I just need motivation.

S/C/G: 258/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 7 inches

Well I am going to tour a gym tomorrow and possibly get a membership, then going to the dog park with some friends and their great dane (should be funny considering my puppy is 30lbs and theirs is 110lbs haha), Sunday of course is superbowl...don't really care too much about the game..more about the FOOD! I shouldn't say that, but I will be snacking, but making them all myself and trying to do it healthy!
illbehotoneday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:20 AM   #6  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Morning all!

So i got like 4 hours (MAX) of sleep last night. I feel slightly hungover as a result.

Soooo busy this weekend.

And tired.
And busy.

LIFE IS SO FULL OF WORK!

GAH!
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:22 AM   #7  
Work it!

Awww, I love Great Danes! What kind of puppy do you have? I almost forgot Sunday was the SuperBowl. The boyfriend is away in FL doing some training so I won't have to have the TV on all day, thank goodness. Some TV is okay, but I can't stand that thing on all day long.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:31 AM   #8  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

I'm by Winchester and the ice is threatening to down power lines, tho so far so good! I was looking forward to trekking around campus to get in exersize, but now I'll have to get on the elliptical in order to start Feb on a good note. I love Feb bc my bday is next week!

About reading and working out, I'm not coordinated enough to do the book, but I LOVE audiobooks. Or I watch movies that I really want to see, then the only place I watch them is when I'm on the elliptical. It's been very motivating for me and kinda silly. A gym/theatre, wierd!
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:34 AM   #9  

haha... I can kind of see it now... Whole movie theaters dedicated to exercise.. instead of rows of seats there's stadium-style ellipticals and treadmills lined up in front of the big screen
Old 02-01-2008, 10:39 AM   #10  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

LOL - Suitejudy. that would be hilarious!

It's almost like that already; a lot of treadmills have built in TVs...
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:40 AM   #11  
Work it!

kellibee - Oh man, bein' over the mountain means you've got it worse over there - ick! Be safe, girlie!

Wouldn't that be awesome, exercise machines and movie screens. I think you've got a million dollar idea there.
Old 02-01-2008, 10:54 AM   #12  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Talking

Well, you ladies may have to help me market! I would sign up for that membership. Mine's a ghetto setup, a laptop propped vicariously on top of a bookshelf next to my machine w/ whatever girlie/classic movie I KNOW my bf would not want to watch w/ me. I'm off to watch A Room with a View and see a young Helena Bonham Carter for a half hour workout before work
BTW - suitejudyblueeyes: I teared up a little when I saw your shel silverstein quote, I love that poem. My mom used to read it to me, and it's SO empowering. I am moved and so glad you put that up there!

Last edited by kellibee2000; 02-01-2008 at 10:57 AM.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 10:58 AM   #13  

Ooooh, I love A Room with a View. It's also probably one of my favorite books, too. I saw the movie right before I went to Florence and was like, Oh! I remember this from the movie!!

Okay, so it sounds like there's a market for the exercise movie theater. Now we just need some start-up capital (anybody here got a couple million dollars laying around?) and a good location (where is the highest concentration of people who are both avid movie-goers and want to exercise?). I think we could make a killing off the concessions if we offered protein-rich smoothies, power bars, cottage cheese, fruit...
Old 02-01-2008, 10:59 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 217/tick/160

Height: 5'5

I like the idea of the movie too. At my gym they have a couple of TV's but they're always on the news and someone is always watching them. I can read parts of magazines on the elyptical or treadmill but I have a hard time reading books or really small print. Though it does make the time go by faster. I have a friend who goes to the gym with me now, we chat the whole time.
peachcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2008, 11:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 229/205/149

Height: 5'7

I'm jealous! I wish I could get my hair cut. I've always had really really short hair and finally decided to grow it long. I've been growing it out for 4 years now and I'm not about to give up. The only problem is the bottom half of my hair is damaged from a perm I got a few years ago, so the bottom half is curly and damaged and the top is straight and shiny...so I look pretty ridiculous when I let my hair air dry. I can't even get my hair trimmed and get a new style, because everytime I go into a salon, they try to cut off all of the damage, which is half of my hair, even when I tell them I don't want to.

It was so much easier to do cute little styles with short hair, but I promised DH I would grow it out for him.

Last night was the third night in a row I woke up 3 or 4 times because I had to sneeze one of those rib cracking sneezes. DH, the optimistic that he is, told me that he read a few times sneezing can be a symptom of pregnancy and then proceeded to ask if I would take yet another pregnancy test. I asked him if he thinks maybe the sinus infection and severe cold I have may have something to do with the sneezing instead? Silly man.

I used to read a lot of books while I was working out on my stationary bike, but when I moved I gave most of them away. Now that it's been mentioned, I think I'll take a trip over to Barnes & Noble today. Have any good suggestions?

Oh yeah...my official WI is on Sundays, but my personal trainer, aka DH, decided to start doing WI on the first of the month too, to see how much I lost for the month. 17 lbs! That's another $10 for my 'new me, new wardrobe' fund!

Last edited by mandajuned; 02-01-2008 at 11:00 AM.
mandajuned is offline   Reply With Quote