Old 01-02-2008, 10:02 AM   #16  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Happy New Year!!!!

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Things are going to be GREAT in 2008!! I have not gotten on the scale and it will probably be about 3-4 weeks before I do. Eating was horrible over the holidays and TOM is coming next week.

I'm starting back on WW today. What are my goals in 2008? Lose weight and make money!!! It's quite simple actually.

Good Luck to everyone in 2008!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:14 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Our Christmas was very busy. I ate alright I thought but still ended up gaining back up to my start weight. New years, we just had a couple over that just had their first baby. He's sooo cute! My dh said he looked like an old man. I told him that was because newborns don't have fat yet. He'll get pudgy soon enough.

I join the Sonoma Diet online last night. I plan on starting for my 4th time on Monday. I just bought groceries for this week 2 days ago. I decided to join because I've never been able to stick with it past wave 1. Maybe this will help since I can plan my meals AND print out my shopping list!

Hubby is getting everything ready to leave. We found out that he'll only have a 4 day pass after his training. The couple that came over for New Years are going through the same thing because he's in dh's unit. She said that she'll probably go with me to NJ. That will be good to split the cost! I couldn't afford to go alone.

This week I'm trying the Shape Magazine Meltdown that I found on their site. Their workouts are no joke! I thought "Yea I can do this no problem!" Wow...I had no idea that I could only do 5 push ups before falling on my face. But I'm keeping it up. I got an elliptical machine (cheap) for my early b-day present. I used it yesterday and it seems to be ok. If it makes it a year, I'll try to save up for a better one. Why pay for my gym membership when I can purchase the only thing I use there for my home?!

I'm glad everyone is doing well! Hopefully I will be able to get into the habit of posting on here again. That really seemed to help me when I actually did it!

Have a great one!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 11:22 AM   #18  

Height: 5'9"

Happy New Year, everyone!

Although I thought my holiday eating was HORRIBLE, I guess it wasn't too bad afterall. I weighed myself yesterday and had a gain of 3 lbs. The thing is, I weighed myself with clothes on and at the end of the day. So, I think I gained AT MOST 2 lbs. I'll find out for sure on Friday morning when I do my official weigh in.

I made a monthly calendar for 2008 with my resolutions listed at the bottom. I also put check boxes on Sundays so I can mark off that I went to church and put a write in line on Fridays so I can record my weight. I'm hoping it will spur me on to keep my resolutions. I've got some really tough goals this year, though not impossible.

Today will be my first day back in the gym for 2008. I'm going to do the stairclimber because I have to be sure to be in shape for Huslte Up the Hancock. My big thing now, though, is that I need to start toning my body. I'm having a hard time convincing myself to do the weight lifting, but it must be done. Oh well, baby steps.

Good luck to everyone that made New Year's Resolutions. I have faith in all of us that our goals will be met. Do you have faith in yourselves?
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:04 PM   #19  
Losing Weight in 2008

S/C/G: 160/See Ticker/130

Height: 5'2"

2008 is going to be a good year! I have no doubt in my mind that we can achieve all of our goals! Good luck everyone!

Good luck on weight lifting Amber, and that's an excellent idea with the calendar!
Sharron616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:34 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Happy New Years Everyone!

Amberelise- Congrats on doing Hustle Up the Hancock! A friend of mine did it and its really challenging but he thought it was really rewarding and it is for a good cause( He was raising money for lung disease, I don't know if this is what everyone climbs for though).

I am just trying to get enough momentum planning everything else to get into the gym. My eating has been pretty reasonable in spite of it being TOM.
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:35 PM   #21  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Hi all...

It is good to see that we all made it through the new year safe and sound.

Eating was ok, but as for drinking - there was way to much of that. I am back on plan and good to go for 2008.

So many new faces - welcome to you all!

jana - love the new avatar. It looks like you have added some blonde highlights - very nice!

happymomma - good luck doing the Sonoma diet. I have looked into it and it looks very balanced and healthy, but I just can't seem to pull myself away from calorie counting.

amberelise - you look so different in your new avatar pic. I remembered you talking about how much you enjoyed the vitatop muffins/brownies etc. and so I bought the sampler pack and most of them have been very yummy. I have really been enjoying them for my afternoon snack and that keeps me plenty going until dinner time.

I had better get back to work for year end stuff, but I hope everyone has a great week - ttfn.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:05 PM   #22  

Height: 5'9"

loveinlife - Yes, I am a really big fan of vitatops & brownies. In fact, the brownies NEVER last very long at my house. I'm a HUGE fan now of the dark chocolate pomegranate vitatops. Mmmmmm, I have them at night after dinner as my dessert. So yummy. I've noticed the banana nut tops seem to have more nuts than they used to have. Those are probably my second favorite tops and only 90 calories.

Yup, it's a new avatar. I look completely different when I have my hair pulled out of my face. My earlier photo was from Christmas 2006 so I thought it was time to update. This one is from November 07. My hair is pulled back in a rat's nest, but it's a recent photo of me so I went with it.

Mirth - Yes, Hustle Up the Hancock is every February and is on behalf of lung disease. My fiance is running it this year with me and he suffers from asthma. He is so much better at climbing the stairs than me, too!!! I remember 4 years ago when I ran the steps I was at my lowest adult weight ever. The training is such a great cardio motivator. Hopefully this year will be the same for me.

Jana - I agree with loveinlife. I love the new avatar! I commented on it on another thread, but wasn't sure if you saw that.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:14 PM   #23  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

thanks ladies...
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 03:52 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Just a quick check-in... Sounds like you are all doing wonderfully, with lots of good stuff going on!

I had to laugh at what happened yesterday -- I went grocery shopping yesterday with DH to pick up a few things and we both got sucked into the ice cream aisle. We each got a little pint container and I kind of shrugged and thought "oh well"... gave up for the day. We went through a self-checkout line and I bagged and DH grabbed the bags on the way out... we get home and turns out he left the ice cream in the store accidentally He was mad at himself but I just laughed... It's better we waste the $4 than to eat the darned things, right? It was like the universe intervened...
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:17 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 238/227/150

Height: 5'6"

sgregg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:08 PM   #26  
ZenLizzie

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'4

Hi Everyone!
I'm back from a year long 3fc(but not fitness in general)-hiatus. I see some familiar faces and lots of new ones! A very brief summary of the changes in my life in a year: I graduated with a degree in journalism, moved home, got a job at a newspaper copy editing, fell in love , moved two hours away from home by myself, finally found a roommate, and started being..."grown up" kind of? Who knows.
Fitness-wise I've been working out. I love my gym here even though its almost too much for my tiny budget. But, thats just additional motivation to go knowing that I'm wasting my hard earned money if I don't go.
Anyway, I'm going to catch up with this thread soon, I just didn't want to lurk for too long before saying Hello (again)
WastedThermos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 05:52 PM   #27  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Hey guys! I haven't posted on this thread since September-ish... but I am back! Getting fit is my New Year's Resolution (along with quitting smoking). I feel really good because I took our little border collie on a 50 minute walk through my town today, my legs are sore but I feel so good! I'm using FitDay again, too. I'll post more later, great to see everyone here for the New Year!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:02 PM   #28  

Jana & Amberelise: You both have such beautiful new avatars! Not that the old ones weren't but I love seeing new pictures of people.

loveinlife: The Sonoma Diet DEFINATELY works! I tried counting calories this fall at some point but it was too much headache. I think it's easier because they've already counted the calories for you! It seems almost too easy when you first start. Don't get me wrong, the first wave is brutal. But it is sooooo worth it. Last time I went through wave 1 I think I lost 11lbs and it's only 10 days long!

suitejudy: THAT IS FREAKIN HILLARIOUS!!! Sometimes I wish that would happen to me!

wastedthermos: Welcome back!
Old 01-02-2008, 06:03 PM   #29  

misschris: I've been wondering where you were! It's great to see you back!
Old 01-02-2008, 10:58 PM   #30  
pregos

Height: 5'10

Hello everyone

I have been a member of 3FC for a long time but have never really used it. I hope to make new friends as I start my weight loss journey again.
glasgow314 is offline   Reply With Quote