Closed Thread

Old 11-08-2002, 08:41 AM   #1  
Caden's Mommy

Height: 5'7

Default November Challenge - Week 1 ReCap

Hey everyone -

how did the first week go?

mine went okay - think i am going to forego the weight training - i really don't need to gain anymore weight - muscle or not...

I would really love to see the number get smaller

I need to focus on water, I think...

Also, I need to focus on more fruit...(as opposed to chocolate - of course, when there are bowls of leftover halloween candy at work, it's kind of hard...i guess that's why they call it a challenge)

other than that, it all went okay

1. FINISH THE HALF WITHOUT WALKING

2.___ DRINK 100 OZ. WATER DAILY - did this 4 days

3.___ CUT BACK ON CHOCOLATE (REPLACE WITH FRUIT) - nope

4.___ ABDOMINAL TRAINING – 3X WEEK

5.___ WEIGHT TRAINING – 2 X WEEK - will take out of challenge this month

6.___ PILATES VIDEO – 2 X WEEK - only did this one time

7.___ LOSE MINIMUM OF 1 INCH IN ALL AREAS - won't know for a few weeks

8.___ EAT SENSIBLY DURING THANKSGIVING BREAK- won't know for a few weeks

9. BE AT 167 BY THANKSGIVING!
Old 11-08-2002, 09:16 AM   #2  

Weekly Update on Goals:

I am doing great - not surprising since this is my first concentrated effort in a while. I just have to hang on to this feeling for the rest of this month!

1) Follow the 8 minutes in the morning (6x a week) - As long as I do it tomorrow, I'm on track!

2) Walk 30-60 minutes a day, 5x a week. - Skipped 20 minutes on Tuesday. And I really haven't managed to do more than 30 minutes any day except Wednesday. Not sure I'll ever have enough time to do 60 minutes, but we'll see.

3) Take my vitamin every day. - I'm on track!

4) Drink 8+ glasses (16oz.) water during the day, and at least 2 glasses at night. - I'm on track!

5) Move! - I am doing this a little. I have a lot of nervous energy while I wait for tests to compile and I am trying to burn some of that off with movement while seated.

6) Follow my eating plan with only one meal off a week. - I'm on track! I plan to take Sunday as a "day off". I am taking my MIL to breakfast, then hope to have a nice meal with DH. I will make good choices, but probably eat a little more than I would usually. And I am not ruling out dessert!

And my ultimate dream? Under 140 by Thanksgiving?

I weighed in at 141 this morning. Whoo Hoo!
Old 11-09-2002, 04:38 AM   #3  

hey everyone,
i hope you are all doing well. frisco's mom, congrats on doing so well - i am sure you will meet your dream of being under 140 by thanksgiving, just keep working as hard as you are now!

my first week went ok. i worked out on the 1st but then really slacked until wednesday 6th when my friend and i bet each other to quit smoking and do cardio 5 times / week and strength 3 times/week. so far i've worked out everyday and haven't smoked a cigarette. i'm feeling really good about things and hope i stay on track.

it's been hard with eating with the whole quitting smoking thing, but i've at least been eating healthy foods when i am eating. i should also mention i started my period tuesday evening so it's like double whammy with the quitting smoking munchies AND the TOM cravings for chocolate and just food in general.

i think weighing isn's such a great idea for me, especially right now. i think i need to focus on really watching my calories and keeping the exercise up AND doing strength training! my next weigh in is going to be next saturday november 16.

i need to keep focussing on drinking more water with lemon. i have been really good about not drinking diet cokes and have had 2 regular cokes this week. i know it's not great, but it's better than where i was before.

anyway, i hope everyone else is doing well, i upate my journal everyday, but ill check in here again next week.
Old 11-09-2002, 10:29 AM   #4  

Lightbulb my week...

My week went well....

I went to the gym everyday
I drink at least 8 cups of water if not more
I ate clean everyday
I didn't work as hard as I would have liked to on my abs

I think I have lost 3lbs but I am not exactly just sure

one_sweetchick
Old 11-10-2002, 02:59 PM   #5  

I am pretty disgusted with myself right now. Everything was going great until this week...work overloaded me and I ended up only working out on Monday and I didn't even get to weigh in this week. My eating has been terrible as well - I know that I have gained!

I was really proud of myself and feeling good - was going on my 9th week of regular exercise...now I feel like I need to start all over...

I bought a step box today since I have been wanting one and my work schedule doesn't look like it is going to allow me to get to Curves due to their early hours...so the plan is to get on my elliptical in the morning BEFORE work and when I get home to do either the Reebox step workout or my Fat Burning Firm tape.

I HAVE TO GET BACK ON TRACK - I WAS DOING SO WELL!!

I totally could tell that I didn't workout this week - my stress level was getting terrible and I felt all day long like I was going to fall asleep...

Frisco's Mom - Seems like you got back on track - Great job - I am really proud of you!! I know how hard it is to get back on track (since I am faltering now!)

Monique - Sounds like you are doing PERFECT!! Keep up the great work!!

Empressive - Your name says it all!! I quit smoking in July and I know how hard it is to quit and try to lose at the same time. Keep it up - when you feel like a smoke, just remember that if you do you won't be able to breathe in your next workout!!! After your first few weeks it will get easier!! Keep up the great work!!

Lucky13 - sounds like you are doing great - glad to see it!!

Onesweet chick - Ditto what I told Lucky13...keep it up!!

Ok - I am proud of you all - now I just need to get my butt into gear!!

Margie
Closed Thread