Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 227/219.5/150

Height: 5'5

Default December NSV's!

There was a mention of thise on the Weekly Chat thread and I thought I'd jump in cause I actually had one yesterday that made me really happy.

I was considering satying in campus to work on a paper but since I live 2 hours away and it was 3:30 it would mean that I would have had to eat something on campus and I, the queen of take-out and junk food actually thought..."No. I'll just go home. I'd rather have my own food." I was actually excited to go home and eat something I had made myself, a green bean stir-fry not less! That NEVER happens to me.

I did however procrastionate the paper so uh next time I should definityl plan ahead and brown bag my dinner and stay in the library but still...its progress!

How is everyone else doing?
House_of_Mirth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 10:01 AM   #2  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

My mother gave me a ring for college graduation in 2003. I think I stopped wearing it in 2005 because it didn't fit anymore...it's an heirloom, so I missed it...but put it out of my mind....about a week ago I reached into my jewelry box and put it on....it's too big...it slides all around my finger...I wear it all day now...and love to watch it slide around on my finger...of course...I'm very cautious about it and will have to get it resized very soon.

That is my December NSV...hope everyone else has one as well!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 11:12 AM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

I had one this morning!

I bought this pair of jeans a couple months ago because my old jeans were wearing out, went and bought 14s like I always wear, didn't try them on. I got home and they were TIGHT. I was miserable and barely wore them!

I wore them two weekends ago at Thanksgiving to remind myself not to overdo it ("pants are tight... can't eat more than I need!"). They were ridiculously tight and pushed all my belly fat up above the waist band. (Ugh.)

This morning I decided to wear them to work because they look nice enough, and they're perfectly comfortable! It's the weirdest thing, they feel like I dropped 10 lbs, but really I only lost 2. I'm happy with it though, I can wear my new jeans! Yayyyy!
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:06 PM   #4  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

I have a few that i've posted around in other threads but I figure I'll stick them here too.

-went down a pant size
-my ring (as well!) is too big and I've had to stop wearing it till I get a sizer
-I lost 1.5 inches on my waist
-oh! almost forgot, can now wear a 42DDD down from a 44DDD

I don't even bother with the scale. We threw it out and now I only weigh at the docs and I rarely go if I can help it! I go in january, wish me luck.

Last edited by lottie63; 12-07-2007 at 07:19 PM. Reason: forgot something
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 07:02 AM   #5  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

1. my rings are spinning
  2. my pants are looser
  3. my butt is getting nice and firm and lifted
  4. i got a comment yesterday on how nice i've been looking... that the weight dropping is very noticable in my face

those are mine so far
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 10:44 AM   #6  
ljd

S/C/G: 172/141.5/120

Height: 5'3"

hi, I used to post some last year, but I stopped for a bit. But now I'm back! And would like to share a really eye-opening NSV today.

I found a tape measure, so I went about measuring myself, just to see what the numbers were. I didn't really know what to compare them to, but they all seemed ok.

But then I remembered that I had taken my measurements back when I was in college, and I thought I may have tracked it on fitday. And sure enough, going back to January 2004, I found a record.

1/26/2004
Waist 34.5
Hips 41
Chest 37.25
Neck 14.75
Left Upper Thigh 25.25
Right Upper Arm 15.25

Compared to today:
Waist 30 (most excited about this since my family is apple shaped and my dad has Type 2 diabetes, so I worry about the fat I carry around my mid section)
Hips 36
Chest I can't really figure out what I measured back then, but if you measure right around the real chest, above the fullest part of the bust, I'm around 35-35.5
Neck 13.5
Left Upper Thigh 21.5
Right Upper Arm 12-12.5

Yay! I'm one of those people who can't see the changes in my body. I know I'm smaller, but most of the time, I look in the mirror and just see a slightly smaller version of the same old chubby me. With collar bones. So this was a really great affirmation that I have made a major life style change, and I must look different than I did then.
ljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 12:33 PM   #7  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Nice NSVs everyone.

Mine's smallish. I was feeling really anxious last night due to my lack of working on homework/studying. It was that "I'm going to binge" feeling. I sat down to my math instead, filled up my water bottle and had an apple. It felt so good to get even just an hour of work done instead of binging.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:33 PM   #8  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Okay here is a BIG little NSV for me;
A co-worker of mine was offering candy, and I was starving. She sort of snuck past me because she kinows I am trying, and I called her back and said, 'hey, what candy' because I was HUNGRY and looking for a little snickers or something like that. All she had was sugar sweets, and I took a little box of nerds.................I looked at it a bit........I am suprized I didn't talk to it, LOL!!!!!!! BUT I HAD AN APPLE INSTEAD, OMG GO ME!

and my clothing is starting to fit nicer too!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2007, 09:41 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 187/173/125

I always love these threads! If I ever get discouraged throughout the month, I just come here and become so inspired! =]

Well, I have a few of these. Which is very exciting.

-I got a comment from my fiance's grandmother. She hadn't seen me in about a week and said I looked like I was losing weight.

-I fit into the next size down of the jeans I own. They don't fit me the way I'd like them to, but they fit.

-My fiance's father noticed the difference. He sees me everyday, but I usually wear sweatshirts or something big on me. But that day I wore something that fit me and he noticed. He was amazed at the difference and couldn't stop talking about it to everyone. I was a bit embarrassed, but in a good way.

-A customer came into my store, he's a regular weekly customer. I hadn't seen him in a while. He was never a talkative customer, polite, but not talkative. But today he asked, "Are you losing weight?" And I replied, "Why yes I am!" And then smiled. He said he could tell and that I was looking great.

-I've had more confidence recently. I feel better about my body, although I'm not at goal...or close! But it's nice to know I'm helping my body be healthy. =]
leanmoomercows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2007, 11:43 AM   #10  

Height: 5'9"

I hit 145 today. Yes! I have 24 weeks to lose 15 more pounds and I'm pumped. I haven't been under 145 in a LONG time. If i can do that it will be the biggest NSV ever for me.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 09:42 PM   #11  
is baaaad to the bone!

S/C/G: 145!

Height: 5'8"

I'm back in a size 14 today. Not even a tight 14!!! Got out of the shower - had nothing clean - pulled down an old pair of 14's that I haven't fit into in 3 years - thought - "maybe, just maybe I will squeeze tightly into them"...not the case...needed belt to hold them up. Went to Gap Outlet and bought a pair of size 14 khaki's so I can have something else to wear ...should be in 12's shortly! Yahoo!!!! Fabulous !!! I am absolutely not believing that this happened to me today!
SunshineRunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:29 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 135/130/125

Height: 5'6

Since I've been home from college for the past 5 days I have had breakfast, lunch, dinner, and a litlte something for dessert. At college I would have breakfast, lunch, snack, dinner, snack, snack, snack, snack.. I have totally cut down my snacking and I feel so much better! And I have started working out on the elliptical andI plan to 3-4 times a week. For all of you who are fitting into those old jeans I envy you! I have a pair that accidently got put in the dryer and so they hardly fit anymore so hopefully one day they will fit again.
ILoveLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #13  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

so far my nsvs have been eating more fruit. and i showed my hubby that i can pull down my jeans with them still buttoned. it prolly wouldnt have had the same effect if i had worn a pair fresh out of the dryer tho
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 10:59 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

I wasn't even thinking of this as an NSV until just now (since I've been having no actual "scale victories") but yesterday I officially kicked off my Iceland 08 marathon training. I still haven't really convinced myself that my attention span will be long enough to see this through, but I did go out yesterday and run in my very first road race ever - 4 miles, in 25 degree weather. I had a cold and hadn't run in a while, so I told myself it was ok to walk part of it, but I didn't walk at all! I made it around the course in about 46 mins (11 min miles for the first 2, 12 min miles for the last 2). That's pretty much exactly what I was aiming for, so I am feeling invigorated about the marathon plan (and I found someone to run it with, yay).

Next training run is tomorrow - 3 miles, which I think I'll do on the treadmill in the warm gym since I'm still getting over this cold. Reykjavik, here I come!
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:42 AM   #15  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

in the past 2 days, i have had 3 people tell me i'm getting skinnier... that makes me super happy
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote