3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   What "fat" clothing item will you keep? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/128137-what-fat-clothing-item-will-you-keep.html)

Moni28 12-02-2007 01:45 AM

What "fat" clothing item will you keep?

I have been debating, i think i may keep a pair of jeans. What about you?

MissAlyss 12-02-2007 02:37 AM

I will definitely keep my leapord print flannel boxers. I've had them since high school and they are huge, stretched out and unbelievably comfortable. I would live in them if I could!:carrot:

Lyria 12-02-2007 02:38 AM

I actually didn't keep anything to be honest! Nothing was sweeter than bundling everything up and donating it to charity.

RememberHowToSmile 12-02-2007 08:49 AM

I gave line 90% of my clothing away over the summer. All I kept was my "fat outfit" for progress pictues and a couple of t-shirts that I wear as night shirts but only the ones that have meaning like ones from bar crawls or things like that.

mj5 12-02-2007 08:55 AM

I have one pair of jeans so I can take one of those awesome before and after pics.......then those will go too!

Dawn2Dusk 12-02-2007 12:09 PM

I dunno about other clothes but I'm definitely keeping my favorite green sweat shirt. Even when I'm at goal, it's gonig to feel so great wearing that. I occasionally like to wear clothjes where I'm practically swimming around in it. Makes me feel smaller. :D

Shy Moment 12-02-2007 12:25 PM

I have one pair of pants I have kept for after pics. Will be nice to stand in them wearing a pair of jeans lol. There are no what if I gain weight back for me. I have changed how I eat. How I think about food. I love how I eat now. I don't do without a thing, just make sure I eat proper portions and everything else is worked around the main thing I want to eat each day. Next year on my birthday I am going to have a pic taken of me wearing that pair of pants I am keeping over top what ever I happen to be wearing that day :)

practiceliving 12-02-2007 12:25 PM

I have a few items of clothes that have miraculously fit me from 160 to 209 and still fit on the way down again. Those ones will stick around, cos they tend to have some sentimental value - my grad sweatpants from high school, for example.

Everything else is going to the donation box!

OptimistK 12-02-2007 12:52 PM

You know, i haven't thought about this. Wow, I guess I should start now! I think like Moni i'll keep a pair of jeans.

Wow, I didn't think about having to get rid of my clothes!

Smiling_Sara 12-02-2007 02:15 PM

My MN Vikings Sweatshirts. They are very comfy.

HarpoChicoGroucho 12-02-2007 05:43 PM

I kept my whole outfit in my "before" pic, except the jeans, because I kept the biggest pair I had (size 26). I kept the jacket too, because I wore it literally 10 months out of the year because I was so self conscious of my body. It's the best reminder of how far I've come, not just with my weight, but with my self-esteem and comfort with my body.

SunshineRunner 12-02-2007 07:05 PM

I'm not keeping any of it!!!!!! I have actually been able to start getting rid of things. My mom keeps telling me I should hang on to some of it...but no way...I have made a lifestyle change and I don't need that stuff. It was all frumpy stuff anyways!!!

Moni28 12-02-2007 09:40 PM

I agree ladies, it's going to be so great to get rid of all those clothes and FINALLY shop in reg stores. I just want to keep the pair of pants and then take an after pic. What will really count is the after pic so that I will keep myself in check not to go there EVER AGAIN. I know getting rid of the clothes will be hard in a way, just because I know i'll have a "what if" moment in my head!

summersunshine 12-02-2007 11:43 PM

So, I’m going both ways on this: one part of me thinks that once I do drop the weight I will want to burn my clothes (actually, that’s not a bad idea. What a great way to let go of the old and embrace the new, right?!), but another part of me also want to be kind to myself, and realistic in the fact that women’s bodies will always go up and down, maybe not up to our highest weight, but women shift, and that’s supposed to be normal. Maybe I’ll keep some of my nicer clothes, like one small box, and those will be clothes that fit be on my mid-way goal as well as maybe at a higher weight, too. Interesting thread :?:

Aestuo 12-03-2007 01:39 AM

i think i will keep a pair of pants from my highest size, just to serve as a reminder of where i've been and how far i've come