Old 12-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #1  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Default SCALE; To buy or not to buy?

At the moment I go to the student health center and weigh myself with my nutrionist. However, once school breaks for winter and or I grad in may, I've begun to wonder; should I buy a scale? If I do, which is best? I know there are some scales that are better and better ones are going to cost, *which I can't spend a whole lot....student budget*

Do you own a scale? Which kind? What do you think...buy? dont buy?
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

I think it's a really individual decision. For a looong time, I couldn't keep a scale in the house, or I got very obsessed with it. Now I'm okay having it around, and actually weigh myself every morning with little to no mental angst.

I'm a student too, and bought my scale for about $40-50 I think. It's just a basic digital scale - no fancy gizmos that tell you body fat percentages or store past numbers for me! Those are the things that tend to raise the price, in my experience.
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 12:02 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

If you think that weighing yourself every day will drive you nuts, don't buy one. Go to the gym and use theirs. If you can successfully either deal with daily weight fluctuations or hide the scale and bring it out only once a week, then it's worth getting one. I think my digital scale cost $30 at bed bath and beyond, but I have no idea what kind it is.
suitejudyblueeyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 05:37 PM   #4  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Mine is a digital scale. It cost about 50$ from walmart. I think it's a weight watchers scale. let's me save my weight and stuff. Nothing too fancy.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:14 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

I agree with what others have said, as long as you don't become obsessive with it, its good to have your own scale. Its convenient and you can weight yourself naked, so it seems like you weigh less

I'd say definitely go with a digital one, the others are a real pain. If you don't want one with all the fancy body weight % and gizmos you can get it pretty cheap, I think I got mine for $30 from Target.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #6  
Happy Holidays!

S/C/G: 174/154/135

Height: 5' 2 1/4"

I bought a cheap one about a year ago, and it doesn't work now. I found out it's off by 4 pounds-in my favor hehe! Anyway, the next one I want to buy is at Wal-Mart and I am going to invest in one that tells body fat % and also lets you save your weights like what Cat's Tongue has. I'm pretty sure when I looked last it was around 40-50 dollars. I am also a student so I know money is tough-especially only being able to work parttime, but I don't want to waste money on another piece of crap!
short1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 165/129/115

Height: 5'5'

I don't know how much they cost but if you go to a Jenny Craig center, they have their scales for sale. They are really precise in measuring weight. I hope you find the scale that is right for you, good luck!
blondeblueeyedbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:21 PM   #8  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I never had a scale, well not for years. I have always gone to the docs office every two weeks for a weight in. Now I am wondering if I want to get one. Do I realy want to go out in the cold this winter for a weigh in lol. Doesn't bother me not to be weighed more than every other week. Wonder if that will change and the scale will drive me nuts if I get one?
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #9  
MONI

S/C/G: 257/257/160

Height: 5'4''

Thanks, I went in today to be weighed (down one more pd) and I think im going to spread it out to a 3-4 week check in, but i may still buy a scale when i get some extra cash just so that i can check inbtween visits.
Moni28 is offline   Reply With Quote