Old 11-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** Weekly Chat Nov 19 - Nov 25

How was everyone’s weekend? Any fun plans for Thanksgiving?

I spent a lot of time this weekend in the library, 8 hours Friday, 8 hours Saturday, and 4 hours on Sunday. While I was studying I actually did really well no junking but then Saturday night I went to the movies and had pretzel bites (but I didn’t eat the chess) then on the way home we ended up stopping to get ice cream (but I at least had the sugar free). So I guess it’s not as bad as I could. I didn’t eat much on Sunday so I guess that made up for some of it.

I’m excited to have a short week this week because of the holiday. I am making dinner on Wednesday and Thursday for me and my sister. Since I’m cooking I got full control of making things low fat and healthy. I realize that I am probable going to eat more then I normally do on Thursday but I’m planning on trying really hard to be good. The two things I’m most excited about are individual sugar free pumpkin pies that I’m making with phyllo dough crust and low fat spinach artichoke dip. I’ll report how they turn out.

But for now off to class for three more days!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:03 AM   #2  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Monday...Monday...

It is a short week here. I only have to work 3 days - woo hoo!

Weekend was great. My cousin was here from South Carolina that I have not seen in 5 years and we had a great time. Dinner and way to many drinks on Fri and then dinner but no drinks on Sat. I was very surprised to see that the scale was down 1.2 lbs this week. I did walk on the treadmill every day so that may have helped some.

Going to my mom's for Thanksgiving and there will be tons of food. I will eat whatever I want, but do plan to exercise that day and hop right back on plan Friday morning as usual.

remember - that is a long time to study girl...I don't think I could do that. I would have been crazy. I love those pretzel bites too - yum oh. What movie did you see?

Here is to a nice short week for all!
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:47 AM   #3  
Sally

S/C/G: 223/ticker/165

Height: 5'6"

monday.... i don't want to be at work today. but at least it's only a 2 day work week for me and tomorrow i'm leaving early

this weekend was pretty good... stayed basically on track. i don't write down my cals on weekends, but i try to keep track in my head and stay pretty close, but i don't get as mad at myself if i go over a bit

this week should be good though, with thursday being the breaker.... i should be ok though

nothing special planned for me for the holiday, just going to my parents house.
sxulcmnky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 PM   #4  

Height: 5'9"

Gee, I've been basically MIA the past two weeks with my best friend's wedding and then out-of-country visitors. Somehow I still managed to lose a 1/2 pound, but that was probably water weight or something. I haven't seen the gym for 2 straight weeks.

So, yesterday morning I got back on track with my eating and I logged all of my food. I'm back to logging my food today as well.

Tonight is supposed to be Hustle Up the Hancock practice here at my work building. It will feel REALLY good to get back on track with my workouts, that's for sure.

I, too, am making Thanksgiving dinner. We're definitely going to have a healthy one. Afterwards we're going to my fiance's Lola's, though, and I fear what they will have to eat. Filipino food is a LOT of frying. I have to have the willpower to tell them that I just ate and no-thanks on what they offer. BUT, they are really big at shoving food down our throats.

If we can make it through Thursday, that is one victory. BUT, then we're flying out Sunday morning to Atlanta to help celebrate my little sister's 21st birthday. So, that will be 2 1/2 days in Atlanta - I have no idea how I will be able to eat healthy.

This will be another tough two weeks. But, that is life. I'll never have months on end with no plans so I've got to learn to incorporate exercise and eating healthy in a hectic life. No excuses!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 12:31 PM   #5  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

I am so glad that everyone is optimistic about the upcoming holiday! It seems like you will all have nice little meal. whether or not you are cooking!

I did well this weekend, walked and ate pretty well... scale didn't really move, but it usually goes down in the middle of the week for me... just seems to have been the pattern lately.

I am leaving at 7AM Thursday morning for Newport to spend Turkey day with DB! I am so excited! We have reservations at the Hyatt for their Thanksgiving buffet... looks great! Pricey, but it'll be worth it for him... I can't eat so much in one sitting anymore... (eat more frequently though). The other nice part is that I don't have to do dishes, help clean up, or anything! He's pretty beat from OCS, so he prefers we lay low for the weekend, but the hotel has an indoor pool and a gym...so, I can work out or swim while he sleeps! He will be stationed in Mayport, Florida when he is done with OCS and SWO school. Right on the beach... a warm place for me to visit! Even more motivation to stick with losing weight!!!

In case I go MIA for a little... who knows... have a great Thanksgiving everyone!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #6  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good Afternoon Ladies!

I'm glad everyone had a good weekend! I also had a very eventful weekend.

I went to a party on Friday and Saturday night and had a great time both nights!! No, I didn't margiritas. I resisted.

The evil scale showed me 194 this morning, but no stress. I will get back SUPER STRICT on my eating after Thanksgiving. It's time to enjoy.

Have a great day ladies!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 07:16 PM   #7  

Height: 5'5"

hey ladies! ok so ive been super busy and kind of mia the past few days. i am going to italy on weds and tomorrow is my last day of work and i just have tons of crap to do so forgive me if i go mia for a few weeks. and remember me when i get back! haha!

will be wishing everyone healthyholidays!

ciao for now!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 09:27 PM   #8  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Hey ladies!!!

I had an awesome weekend!!!

I had cake on Friday, a few pieces, but the weight is melting off. Since last weeks weigh-in, it appears I've lost 5 lbs. I kept getting on and off of the scale b/c I couldn't believe I went from 230 to 225. I weighed myself on Thurs. I believe and 227 came up. Well Saturday, yesterday, today, it's been 225.

I used one of the old-fashioned scales at the gym, same thing. I also decided to change my goal to 140. I decided I want a slightly higher body fat percentage than I originally desired. We'll see!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 11:02 PM   #9  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Freddy... Have a WONDERFUL time... I am so jealous. My DB lived in Italy a few times (Navy brat) and he always talks about it. HAVE A BLAST!

Kim... Good for you!

Wednesday is an early biggest loser weigh in at work due to the short week. I hope I'm down a little... that makes me happy. Apparently I've lost the most so far... that's pretty exciting for me... last year I sucked at it and had to pay my $2 a lot! This year, I haven't had to pay at all!!! That's really my goal... to never have to pay at a weigh in!! hehe! If I won the money at the end of the year... I could probably use it toward a plane ticket to Mayport!!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I’m debating taking the extra day off of school. I’m stressed and feel like I need an extra day. I have study seasons for 8 hours on Saturday and Sunday planned and shopping on Friday so it’s going to be a long weekend. Oh well I’m going to stop complaining and go to class.

Lovin – That is great that your family is coming together for the holiday. I have to study crazy hours like that finals are only a few weeks again. I just keep thinking that a couple weeks of that and then I’m free for a few weeks. I went and saw “Dan in Real Life” I thought it was great. I laughed the whole time.

Sally – I haven’t seen you post before. Welcome to the weekly chat. 13 pounds is a great start.

Amber – Wow that is amazing that you were able to lose weight with all of that going on. Great job!

Hope2 – Nice idea with going to the buffet and avoiding all of the clean up. When you only get to see your DB once in awhile I’m sure will want to spend all of your time with him not in the kitchen.

Jana – Good job on avoiding the margaritas it’s so hard to avoid those empty calories.

Freddy – Have a great time in Italy I am soooo jealous!

Kim – Good job! That is the nice thing about goals they can always be adjusted!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:02 AM   #11  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Morning ladies...

remember - good luck on your finals I am sure that you will rock them!

amberelise - you are one busy lady my dear, but 1/2 lb loss take it and run!

hope2lose - have fun in Newport, Hyatt...YUM O!!

freddy - have a great time in italy. We want to hear all about it when you get back.

kim - 5lbs...that is awesome!

Have a great day everyone and for those who will be MIA for a while. Be safe and have a great time where ever you will be!

Last edited by lovinlifex2; 11-20-2007 at 10:03 AM.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #12  
Fat-be-gone

excuse me for jumping right in.....I need to be here to be more accountable so I hope ya'll don't mind.

amberelise - I live in atlanta and i heard of this restaurant at a weight watchers meeting (i've never been) called Seasons 52....its supposed to be very healthy (they don't fry anything) and everything on the menu is supposed to be under 500 cals. You should give it a try.

Seasons 52

hopetoloseit - I've always wanted to be an actual Biggest Loser competition. There is only 3 girls that work with me, so doesn't look like it would be very successful. How is it for motivation??

Rememberhowtosmile - I envy you. I can't wait to go back to school and be stuck in the library for eight hours.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:20 PM   #13  
this is my time

S/C/G: 200/174/135

Height: 5'6"

my weekend was good already had one Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday and one to come on thanksgiving. the good news is sunday i did not gain any weight from it. Thursday may be a different story since the turkey will be deep fried. Hopefully it will not be that bad though.
mrsaugie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:22 PM   #14  
Buhbye, saddlebags...

S/C/G: 170/164/135

Hi everyone,
I'm a total lurker (I check the forums, like, daily but never post) so I decided its time to jump in. I've been working fairly hard all term at my WL journey and so far have lost 14 lbs (down to 161 from 175) and I'm noticing the difference in my pants, shirts, etc. I've been swimming, running, and yoga-ing as well as lifting 3x/week. All the working out has made me feel really good but its hard to curb the hard-core snack cravings I get about and hour afterwards. I've had a few days off plan here and there but nothing too drastic.
I'm excited about Thursday because my boyfriend, brother and I are going to run a 5K in the morning and as a finisher, you get free entrance into a wave pool so I will have ran a race and swam for about an hour by the time the dreaded food gauntlet comes around. Also, since I'm a vegetarian, I get to avoid a little bit of the deep-fried turkey dilemma We're making a home-made veggie roast thing and I'm planning on steaming some veggies, making some twice-baked sweet taters and some how figuring out a low-cal pie. Any suggestions?
You are all awesome and totally inspiring to me -- I decided I needed to stop lurking because I always find myself wanting to comment and participate and you have all inspired me to stay on track this term and so far it's working! Yay!
weeblesmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 PM   #15  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hello everyone.

I haven't been on here yet.

I'm in such a tired rut right now. I just want to be lazy lazy lazy. And that isn't really me. Mostly I don't want to exercise and/or do school work.

grrrr.

and I really should exercise. I really should.

Why am I so tired? And not motivated to do anything.

Does anyone else find they get so tired after their TOM passes?
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote