Old 11-20-2007, 10:16 PM   #16  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Our Biggest Loser competition is males and females... you can win in one or more of 3 categories: weight lost, percentage lost, inches lost. Last year, it didn't matter much in the motivation dept... I just wasn't there. This year it's helping with some accountability... I don't want to pay the money for gaining, so if I gain over the weekend at all... I work my butt off all week to be sure it doesn't show on Friday! I'm finding that I'm getting more lazy lately... I hope that between the forum, myself, and the biggest loser club I keep on going!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:35 AM   #17  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Height: 5'2"

Good morning...last day of work before 4 days off - yeah!

Welcome everyone - this is a great group, just make yourselves at home.

I will hopefully be off early today and busy tomorrow so I may not make it here, but if I don't just wanted to tell you all and be safe.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 10:40 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 165/ticker/110

Oh uīre so lucky, we donīt celebrate thanksgiving here so itīs a normal week for me
I keep reading all these posts on how uīll celebrate tomorrow sniff sniff
Rafaella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:32 AM   #19  
Fat-be-gone

rafaella - be glad you won't have to worry about not eating too much!!!

lovinlife - i am so in the same boat with you......4 day weekend woohoo!!! I love the holidays!!!

the good thing about living away from my family is my bf's family is colombian so they don't really eat the traditional turkey day food (turkey, stuffing, potatoes, ham, pumpkin pie, etc.) so I know I wont eat too much. But I do miss my traditional fare. And of course I'll miss my family.

Ugh!! I didn't get my workout in yesterday. But I will today and I'll be at the gym while my bf is getting his hair cut. Gotta make sure I'm ready for all the drinks and food I'll be devouring. It's gonna be fun!!!

Hope everyone has an awesome and safe Holiday!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #20  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Doesn't seem to be too busy a thread this week does it?

Hmmm. All the people busy with American thanksgiving I guess. And other stuff.

I know I've started to think about Christmas gifts and whatnot. And I'm busy with school, trying to make a last ditch effort to pull my grades up! All those exams coming up and they're worth a hefty chunk of the entire grade.

weeblesmama - there are definitely days when I'm just a lurker too. Congrats on the w.loss to date 15lbs is quite a bit!! Also that veggie things sounds yum, is it a specific recipe or just a bunch of roasted veggies?

hope2lose - That sounds like a cool idea. Is it your company putting it on? And you have to pay money if you gain weight? Are there prizes for the winners?

rafaella - normal week for me too. But that's not a bad thing is it? Probably means no gain either... Hopefully, can't say I've been avoiding junk food very well though...

Rosario - good luck with getting in your workout. A skipped one now and then isn't bad. I have to admit I laughed when I read you'd be working out while your bf got his hair cut... just sounds like a role reversal to me. heeheehee.

Alright I'm off. I think I might take a break from my (meager amount of) studying to do a little workout. I just can't focus on mitosis and meiosis very well.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:43 AM   #21  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

well here it is thanksgiving and i'm not going to meet this months fitness goals. i try to play with the kids alot to make up for slacking off its kinda easy and fun with a 20 pound and 30 pound weigh that gives kisses and hugs.
i hope to make up for it next month and this time take the hand weights and pushups off.
hopefully tomorrow i'll get a scale(may be using it in the wrong manner if we're actually going shopping on black friday...ughh i hate black friday)
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 12:58 PM   #22  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

So chat this week has been very unbusy.

Hmmm. Not much new here on the weightloss front. I don't want to weigh in tomorrow, b/c I have a feeling I've gained/maintained.

Also I came to the realization that for every pound I've lost I've lost an inch. And maybe more, because those inches are only from my bust (around the breast area), the underbust (right below the boobs around the rib cage), my waist and my hips. And I know that my legs have toned up nicely as well.

11 lbs and 11 inches. I'm pretty happy with the inches actually, I mean that's what people see is the shape of your body. So that's sort of my goal, to lose a few more inches.

So anybody out there????
Old 11-24-2007, 06:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Well I'm sad that the week is almost over. I had a wonderful thanksgiving except the heater broke at my sisters house where I was staying. That made for a cold night but I did lots of after thanksgiving shopping (way to much for myself and not enough for others). I cave in and bought several sweaters because I had very miminal winter close since I lost so much weight. It's nice to be able to go to any store and find clothing.

Oh also (and possible most important) I didn't gain any weight over Thanksgiving (and I was sure that I would because man did I go off plan for three days).
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 09:58 PM   #24  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i've been trying to be sensible with eating, thankfully the leftovers are depleting by the day lol.
if i were back home i'd be binging on pie with cool whip, but this year i touched no pie or cake. just some banana pudding and chocolate cookies lol
i'm hoping to get back on track soon.
crap baby woke up i'm off
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #25  

Today is starting off to be a really good day. First I stepped on the scale (I weight myself every day and only count Saturday as the day I change my fitday and ticker) and I'm at 175 so hopefully I can keep it off all week and maybe lose some more.

Then I tried on a sweater my sister bought me (late birthday gift), it was a large, and guess what, it was too big on me. I just called her and said I need to exchange it for a smaller size. She was shocked (she isn't too enthused that I'm getting to be the same size as her). Its nice to have to exchange things for being too big not too small.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 AM   #26  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

Hey all.

So I didn't weigh in today. And I forgot to measure... So I'm gonna wait until next sunday. I haven't felt very on track and I know if I focus too hard on the numbers I'll forget about the health and I'll lead myself back into a binging/panicing/gaining weight cycle. Which is the last thing I want...

Congrats on the NSV Remember!!!! I've never had sisters who I've had to compete against for weight. Although one of my best friends is similar in weight to me, and I know that if I ever got below her, she would not be happy. And it's likely that will happen, just because I am healthier than her (she's got to be the laziest person I know, and I don't just mean working out, but at life in general...).

So I have a week and 2 days of classes left. This semester has just blown by. Seriously. And I have a lot of work to do, since I'm definitely making a lot of my friends and family their christmas presents and I have to study for exams.
Old 11-25-2007, 04:58 PM   #27  
Proud Mom of 6

S/C/G: 290/290/160

Hi all,

I am so glad that Thanksgiving is over and all of the leftovers are finally gone. I have been eating pretty much whatever I wanted the last three days so I am none to excited about the weigh in tomorrow morning. I am back on track as of today and will be putting last week behind me.

remember - how exciting...a large being too big. You go girl!

catstongue - 11 inches, that is awesome! You should be very proud of yourself.

Have a great evening I am off to clean out backpacks as the kidos are back to school tomorrow.
lovinlifex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 06:14 PM   #28  

Cat - Its not so much that she competes with me its just that she has always been the smallest of the three of us girls. My older sister and I were the same up until I went to college then I was bigger and she got down to like a 14. Then she went back up and I started going down and we were similar then it killed her that I was the same size, now I am around 50 pounds smaller and I think I've "inspired" her to eat healthier becuase if I can do it there is no reason she can't too. My younger sister was always small. She was like a size 4 in high school (she played a lot of sports) and now she is a 6 boarding on an 8. She could drop down if she didn't eat ice cream and fast food every day. Anyways she always use to say that if I lost weight then we would be able to share clothing but now she has a problem with it. I think it is partly because she has trouble dealing with the fact that she has gained weight and not that I'm losing weight. (Sorry I think that is a way longer response then you ever imagined getting to your question)

Lovin - I think it might have been a large cut on the shirt because everything else I got was a large but still I'm excited about wearing a medium.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:04 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/125

Default new to here

Hi All,
I've been around before, mostly on the South Beach boards. South Beach didn't really result in a lot of weight loss, and so I fell off that wagon.
Anyway, I just wanted to check in and say hi -- I'm restarting my weight loss efforts with simple calorie counting. I'm looking forward to getting to know you all!!
Sonja
shrinkinglizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:30 AM   #30  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

lovinlife - thanks! I'm pretty happy with it.

remember - Not at all! The situation with your sister just being smaller than you normally and having to get used to herself being a bit bigger and you being smaller is totally what I had in my mind. I reread my post and was totally like, sounds like I'm accusing her of a sister competition. But no, your response wasn't too long at all!
I actually find it so fascinating when you look at the interactions between yourself and others as you change. Like sometimes it's because of changes they themselves are going through, but sometimes it just takes time for people to really get used to when a person actually changes...

slisette -Hello!!! Welcome to the 20-somethings! That's too bad about the south beach not working for you. Hopefully calorie counting gives you some more positive results.

Well g'night all! happy monday.