Old 11-18-2007, 07:13 PM   #1  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Question Fit day questions? I don't understand, Please explain.

1. When they are asking the alcohol in a food or drink, are they talking about alcohol that gets you drunk, or sugar?

2. What does this mean next to a food, "NFS"?

3. Is there a way to count caffine, or can you recomend a sight that does count caffine?

4. What does it mean when you go to your activities;
basel=
lifestyle=
activities=

5. Suppose I burn 120 calories on the eliptical, can I just add 120, like a custom exercise or no?

THANKS!!!!!
vixjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM   #2  

Height: 5'4"

I havent used FitDay in awhile, so somebody else may be better able to answer some of these, but I can help with part of it.

1. Its the alcohol that gets you drunk I assume
2. I think it means the info was obtained from the National Food Survey
3. Not sure about this one
4. Basel is how many calories your body needs/naturally burns throughout the day, its based on your body weight. Lifestyle reflects how many calories you burn based on your normal everyday activities, like work or home related stuff (ie: a firefighter generally burns more on the job then a secretary) and activities is like it sounds- any kind of workouts, playing sports, etc.
5. You might be able to choose it from the list of things, but I am sure you can also add it.
Razz44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:18 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

1. Yeah, they're talking about the alcohol that gets you drunk. Fitday doesn't keep track of sugar alcohols.

2. Razz44 is right; National Food Survey. It's just a generalization. If you can't obtain nutritional information on something you ate, the NFS may be close to it. Sometimes it is right on point, sometimes it's not, but it's usually close-ish.

3. There is no way to count caffeine on FitDay. I don't know any sites that count caffeine, though you can probably Google search the caffeine count for various drinks and come up with some results.

4. Razz44 has the answer, again, and there's nothing I can add to it.

5. I don't think you can add any custom exercise. I've tried to, and there is just nowhere to do it.
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:20 PM   #4  

Height: 5' 10"

.. jeez .. I've been using fit day on and off for about a year and this whole time I thought NFS stood for " Not For Sure" re:quantity, calories, ect...

And the exercise business always screws me up. I usually just take what my machine says I burned and play with the minutes on FitDay..
Aquanetrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:43 PM   #5  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

FYI, the PC version of Fitday does allow you to create custom activities. It is also easier to create custom foods as well.
CountingDown is offline   Reply With Quote