3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Scared to get back on the scale now (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/127284-scared-get-back-scale-now.html)

vixjean 11-17-2007 02:52 PM

Scared to get back on the scale now

Hi all,
I have had some emotional drama in the last week and have totally fell off my work-out plan, and even though I was not on a diet, I have been having a few 'extras' this week.
What to do;
I plan to workout today, I have allready eaten, so there is no way I am going on the scale today.
So what to do,
A. Get on the scale tomorrow morning and see what I have done to myself. :?:
or
B. Just go back to working out and watching my eating, and weigh myself next wed or so?:dizzy:

What should I do? What would you do?

Rafaella 11-17-2007 03:53 PM

That´s a tough question.. ok what would I do? I´ll wait till next thursday, but I think it´s better if you just get on the scale tomorrow.
Only that way you´ll know what you really did and it can help next time you want to go "off plan". You´ll remember this time and maybe it will help stop you.
I didn´t want to weigh myself for a long time but I read someone wrote "you´re weighing what you´re weighing even if you don´t know it".

If you do weigh tomorrow tell us how u do...

veggielover 11-17-2007 05:00 PM

Personally, I believe it depends on how you would see the weight change. If you're anticipating weight gain, then normally (if it were myself) a few lbs higher would be something I could swallow, forgive myself and just start over. The only time I get disappointed is when I build up the efforts (overestimate, really) I did this week (healthy eating, exercise) and expect some weight change. I just tell myself that its okay here and there....

ArmyChickMLG 11-17-2007 08:08 PM

I'd get on the scale in the morning so that I had an honest start. It is going to be rough, but then you can redirect your focus.

jordan 11-18-2007 12:14 AM

I would weigh myself knowing I probably gained and make sure that I didn't let the number get to me, just see what it is and store it in the good ol' memory bank. Then I would still allow myself to get really excited when I lose the weight I gained. Keep it positive, you'll be back where you were in no time regardless of when you weigh yourself!

jtammy 11-18-2007 12:32 AM

If it were me, I would go ahead and weigh myself. Like Rafaella said, you weigh whatever you weight whether you know it or not.

For me personally, I can never again have my head in the sand when it comes to my weight. I feel it is important to know what I weigh; if going off plan has caused the scale to go up then I need to be aware of that. Not knowing was how I got to 346 lbs. I can never hide from that again.

Cats tongue 11-18-2007 12:57 PM

Hmmm.

Personally I do skip weigh ins that I know will be bad. But I also can't handle the gains mentally, they send me off the deep end. At least they used to.

Today I weighed in with a gain (I'd expected it) and I didn't go nuts. In fact it actually made me want to focus more.

But really it's all about how you're feeling right now. Would weighing in really help you? Or will it stress you more?

vixjean 11-18-2007 06:39 PM

I am thinking of weighing in tomorrow, also, I am starting fitday today and tomorrow, even though I can't always know the exact calories of what I am eating, I can guesstimate on a few foods and that will help me I know.

vixjean 11-19-2007 08:39 AM

DID IT! Weighed myself and I was 174.4, I guess I wasn't as bad as I was thinking, Thanks everyone!