3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Don't be afraid of fruit! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/127138-dont-afraid-fruit.html)

nineteen 11-15-2007 03:19 AM

Don't be afraid of fruit!

Fruit is your FRIEND :)

"Two (whole) pieces of fruit a day, to keep the sugar cravings away."

That's my motto.
Try it. It really helps.

PS: In this instance, I do not include avocados as fruit.....;)

(But yes I do eat them in moderation!)

Enygirl 11-15-2007 07:53 AM

Great advice! I've been doing something like that in a way to, except I was not eating the fruit until the sweet tooth kicked in. It is a GREAT way to ward off those cravings! :D

lovinlifex2 11-15-2007 10:03 AM

I love fruit too...fresh is my favorite, but the produce section is getting pretty icky in these parts this time of year so I have found frozed fruit to be pretty yummy too. I just put it in a baggy and pop it in the fridge at work with my other lunch stuff and by afternoon snack time it is nice and thawed out.

nineteen 11-15-2007 01:23 PM

Anyone had a good Bosc pear recently...? They're *amazing* :)

Smiling_Sara 11-15-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nineteen (Post 1931233)
Anyone had a good Bosc pear recently...? They're *amazing* :)

aka Asian Pears, right? If so, yes, they are my favorite!

Lyria 11-15-2007 03:27 PM

<-- Fruitaholic

Having apples, grapes and yoghurt for breakfast this morning =)

vixjean 11-15-2007 08:19 PM

AMEN!
I don't care what the diet is, no one can make me believe fruit is a "bad food." Even diabetics should have some too, smaller portions, but fruit is a healthy food.

just_a_dreamy1 11-15-2007 11:39 PM

:cheer: for fruit!!

I just have to drink a couple glasses of water after having a piece, because it can inspire strong sugar cravings.

I love to sprinkle splenda and cinnamon on red apples (can't remember the name of the ones that I adore right now) and bananas, or a little sea salt on a green apple.

I also peel bananas at their peak of ripeness (when they're perfectly yellow and sweet) and freeze them in tin foil. The world's BEST popsicle!

Unfortunately, I can't keep grapes or blueberries in the house unless I want to eat pretty much the whole thing in one sitting. *s* It's that 'little things in big quantities' appeal that gets me every time :D

Cats tongue 11-16-2007 12:54 AM

Fruit!!!! yum yum. Plus vitamins and nutrients. ;) And for very few cals really.

I actually ate WAY too much fruit today, but considering the past week I was basically living off sugar, I'd say it was okay that I ate too much fruit sugar today.

What's everyone's favorite fruit? Or their "daily staple"?

I can't live without apples.

And when they're in season I LOVE mandarine oranges...

nineteen 11-16-2007 02:42 AM

Definitely apples!

lovinlifex2 11-16-2007 09:53 AM

I am on a peach kick right now! I can't seem to get enough of them...fresh or frozen.

Its funny cause last time I remember I didn't like them. They were on sale so I bought a couple cause my son likes them and I found out that I love them now. :D

Cats tongue 11-16-2007 12:23 PM

I used to totally hate peaches too! Until last summer when I randomly tried one (I'd noticed some of my other tastes/enjoyments had changed...) and I found I liked them.

It's so crazy how our taste buds change over the years.

suitejudyblueeyes 11-16-2007 02:21 PM

I've heard from quite a few people that fruit is just another kind of candy, that it has so much sugar in it that if you are at all serious about eating healthy you should avoid it.

I kinda look at these people sideways and move on... :lol:

I LOVE fruit. It's healthy, it's fresh, it's pretty, it smells great, it's easy to prepare, it's versatile, and with a little protein it makes a great snack or even dessert. Fruit by itself makes me hungry, but if I stick a little PB on an apple... or a little sharp cheddar with a pear... or some cottage cheese with a slice of pineapple it'll last me a couple of hours. Had a pear an hour before lunch hoping to tide myself over but it just made my stomach rumble more :)

I don't know about it keeping sugar cravings at bay, though, at least for me. I find I'm the only thing that can keep myself from eating sugar, I can't really think of something as a sugar substitute or I'll just keep wanting to eat sugar.

practiceliving 11-16-2007 02:47 PM

I looove fruit. Mmmm so tasty.

Does anyone else go through fruit phases? For example, right now I'm really into bananas, but 6 weeks ago I was allll about the grapes. In the summer, I'll eat any berries I can get my hands on.

JasonsLea 11-16-2007 03:22 PM

I LOOOOVVVEEE fruit! :love: Apples (gala and granny smith!) are always on my list and frozen grapes ROCK! Ooooo, and frozen strawberries! I started buying the big bag for smoothies and every night, I put a cup in a bowl and by morning, sweet berries for breakfast! :T