3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   *** November NSVs (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/126512-%2A%2A%2A-november-nsvs.html)

RememberHowToSmile 11-05-2007 09:20 AM

*** November NSVs

NSV are Non Scale Victories. They are all of the things in your life that happen that aren’t measured on the scale because weight loss is more then numbers. They can be anything from a new clothing sizes, healthy eating choices, exercise, to people noticing what you’ve done.

RememberHowToSmile 11-05-2007 09:20 AM

My first NSV this month actually a double victory. I went out to the bar on Saturday night and got hit on by at least two different guys. The funny part is I didn’t even realize that they were hitting on me, until other people told me. I’m so bad at this I think it is because I never got hit on when I was heavy. Then I ran into a couple of people I hadn’t seen in awhile (two months or so) and they were raving about how good I look. One of

readyfreddy 11-05-2007 01:13 PM

my nsg (non scale goal) is to be CONFIDENT! ill let you know how it goes... ;)

Amberelise 11-05-2007 01:52 PM

My boyfriend's mom AGAIN complimented on how good I look with the weight I've lost. :)

Also, in my she-ra costume photos I can see some muscle definition in my leg. NICE.

readyfreddy 11-05-2007 03:11 PM

amber - i want to see pics! :)

RememberHowToSmile 11-07-2007 11:38 PM

Amber I agree with the request for pictures!

Second NSV . . . related back to the first one, I looked at pictures from Saturday night, normally when I look at photos of myself there are several that I don't like because of how big I look, but this time I like very picture I was in.

Amberelise 11-08-2007 12:17 PM

Okay, I'm not sure how to make the little pictures so a mod can resize.

http://a899.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...08fc88c102.jpg

Rhighlan86 11-08-2007 04:54 PM

My nsv is that a guy called me delicious today, yes it's not the best of compliments, but hey I'll take what I can get! Also, my bf said my butt is looking really good.

I'm happy too because he is helping me now. He is keeping me motivated and has me walking and helping me weight lift. He also said that he would buy me a dress when I get to goal :)

Shy Moment 11-08-2007 04:58 PM

30lbs gone and I am finaly starting to realize I have lost a bit of weight. My clothes have been fitting differently but that didn't really show me anything. My kids and the hubby have been supportive every lb, every step of the weight but that really didn't show me anything. I looked in the mirror this morning and started to see the person I remembered. That was such a kick for me.

Cats tongue 11-08-2007 04:58 PM

Good job everyone!

Amber - you look awesome! Good job!

My November NSVs: (so far)

1) I can look in the mirror and see someone who isn't fat. Chubby yes, but I don't feel disgust with my body. In fact the butt is starting to look really great.

2) Even when I'm feeling really down I haven't wanted to binge. I could easily start turning to food anytime now... but I haven't really wanted to.

Rhighlan86 11-08-2007 05:34 PM

Also, I forgot I've been craving healthy foods instead of crap. In the past week my cravings include grapefruit, lettuce instead of a bun on my hamburger, and a burrito filled with fresh salsa and lettuce. And I've wanted nothing but water! Go figure, a few days without eating crap and I'm only wanting healthy!

RememberHowToSmile 11-12-2007 07:14 PM

Amber I love the picture, you look great!

I had to get a ring replaced . . . don't ask . . . anyways I had to get my figure resized and I was suprised when they told me it was a 6 1/2 (I thought the woman was wrong) but went ahead and ordered the ring well the 6 1/2 fits me perfect. I couldn't believe it because I use to be a 9 1/2 at my heavies!

RememberHowToSmile 11-25-2007 10:47 AM

My sister gave me a late birthday gift a couple of sweaters. I tried one on today and it was too big on me. It was a large! I called her and asked if she had the receipt and she said yes kindof confused and I replied with it's too big on me I need to go down a size. She was shocked, to be honest I think she is having touble dealing with me getting to be the same size as her, we pretty much are in tops (mainly because she is very top heavy if you get what I mean) but she is still a few sizes smaller on the bottom. Anyways it is nice to have to return something for being too big not too small!

SavingServo 11-25-2007 11:20 AM

I went shopping the other day with my mom for new clothes and everything I got was a size small. :D

Fooled 11-25-2007 12:33 PM

What an awesome picture, Amber.

Let's see, I'm not even sure how to explain this, but I'll try and I hope someone can realize what I'm trying to say. At work the other day, a client came in who owed us money. Every single time I give him a bill, he finds a way to argue about it and it takes me at least fifteen minutes to explain everything to him and why exactly he owes us this much money. It was pre-TOM and I just did not feel like dealing with it. I could see that he was looking for something to argue about. I have no idea where this came from, but I looked up at him and tried to have a big movie star smile, and said "Bye, Mr. Doe. Have an awesome week!" He shut his mouth, got a dazed smile on his face, and then said "Uhhh. Thanks, you too!" Honestly, it seemed like I stunned him or something. And yes, I know that I'm not doing anything for feminism or anything, but honestly, I never, ever would have had the confidence to pull something like that. I still don't think I have the looks or anything, but I guess confidence does a lot for you.