Old 10-22-2007, 08:08 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Red face Weekly Chat Oct 22 - Oct 29

Hey Everyone! Happy Monday!

Well my weekend was pretty good. In general I made good food choices. Which always makes me happy. I went and watched my roommate finish a half marathon. I was really impressed. As I said next year I would like to try and run the half marathon race of the Detroit Marathon (I realized that to start small and work my way up to doing a whole marathon). I started getting up early today, I’m going to try and get use to waking up earlier then add running in the morning in.

A couple of nice stories from this weekend, first I was talking to my roommate while watching this weeks recorded episode of “America’s Next Top Model” and she asked if you could learn how to be “photogenic” or if it was something that people just were. So we chatted about learning how to take good photos and I made a comment about how I didn’t think I took good pictures. And her response was, “no I disagree, I think you take great photos you looked amazing in some of your pictures from Vegas”. Later when she was gone I started looking though my pictures and realized (probable for the first time in my life) that I am pretty, I really am. I take good photos, I just didn’t think so because I was always so ashamed of being heavy.

Then yesterday I ran into a girl I knew from undergrad that I hadn’t seen since I started losing weight. We were passing on the street and then stopped and were like “Oh Hi!”, she asked how I was doing, what I had been doing and I told her and then all she could say was how amazing I looked now. I tried asking her how she was doing but all she could say in response was I can’t believe how good you look. It was a nice complement.

I’m not entirely sure how this week is going to shape up, I’m having trouble just staying afloat, I’m going to try and add exercising back in. My plan is to go to sleep early and then get up early so that I can run in the morning. It’s so hard when you are so busy. I guess I should stop whining and suck it up.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:37 AM   #2  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

remember - good luck with waking up early!!

okay, re-cap of the weekend, of course i worked fri. and sat. night but i did go out to eat with my mother, sis and nephew sat. afternoon after nephew's football game. we ate at johnny carinos and i had the italian pizza but that was not even the bad part because it didn't taste that good so i only ate half of it. the bad part is i drank 3 1/2 cups of vanilla cream soda!! it was delicious and i can't remember the last time i had a soda! bad jana!

i put on a pair of pants this morning that seemed like they were getting a little tight but they are back fitting loose again. i'm going to try and make it to sat. without getting on the scale. we will see how that works.

have a great day everyone!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:12 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 160/160/135

Well I didn't do s well as I wanted to this weekend. My parents came into town and seeing how we all are on diets I a shocked how much we all ate. We ate out almost every meal. I saved half of everything I ordered and brought it home. I tried hard to order things that were as bad as what I really wanted but still satisfied my need. Even though I did all this I still feel like I failed in someway. It is a little upsetting but with this being a new week I get back on track. Thanks for letting me share.
marissajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:23 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 187.4/147.4/129

Height: 5'2"

This is my first time replying to these "chat" threads.. so hi everyone! I'm pretty new here, hope I'm welcome! (FTR- I'm Erika, 28 years old.. have a husband and 19 month old daughter).

Remember- sounds like a fantasticccccccc weekend for you! Both for realizing a GREAT thing (being pretty!) and for the compliments from an old friend. I bet BOTH felt so good inside.

I had a wonderful weekend! Of course, my weekends are kinda like "any other day" because my husband usually works them.. so we're not out and about to be tempted (he does get 2 days off, but they're random days of the week). I did have a great accomplishment during the week when he decided he wanted Burger King once (he's 140 some odd pounds with clothes on, btw).. I'm not a salad girl as a main meal- I feel as though something is missing so I looked up their grilled chicken sammy (w/o mayo, don't even like it) and it was still 400 calories. I was gonna get that and pair it with something from home... but decided it was still a lot for a lunch. I have frozen chicken breasts from BJ"s.. big bag of 20, they're glazed with BBQ sauce.. 130 calories each! So I baked one, stuck it on a piece of whole wheat bread w/ lettuce.. and had some ranch rice cakes on the side (I LOVE those) and some apple slices.. woot! I was so proud. I didn't even steal a single fry of his.

Today is only week 3 for me, I recently started.. I'm down 7 pounds so far and ALREADY feeling great.

I hope everyone has a fantastic week!!!

Last edited by Erika79; 10-22-2007 at 10:23 AM.
Erika79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 11:15 AM   #5  

Height: 5'9"

Remember - congrats on your great weekend. When do you start training for that marathon? Are there any 5K & 10K runs before then that you can do?

jusj - Well, exactly how many hours of dance do you have to do to counter that ice cream soda? haha. I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Remember, I'm the gal that ate all but once slice of a medium deep dish pizza 2 weeks ago. And now, today, I finally weighed in at 149!!!

Marissa - Are you counting calories, or just trying to make healthy choices? I'm sure if you practiced portion control it wasn't as bad as you thought. You have to start somewhere!

Erika - Of course you're welcome here. Good job with forgoing the BK for something healthy. That takes serious self control. I would have failed big time at that. Congrats!

So, anyway, yeah, I weighed in at 149 this morning. Good bye 150s! Woot! Today is day 4 of 30 straight days of exercise. I'm either going to do an hour of Pilates tonight (if I make it home on time) or weights & swimming at the gym. We shall see.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 01:59 PM   #6  
Moderator.:.20-Somethings

So all of Southern California is burning down at the moment. The air is so bad outside i couldn't go for my run. There is ash everywhere and we even found burn pieces of paper/other things in our pool. We've been declared in a state of emergency. I feel really horrible for the people that have already lost their homes.

Lets hope that there are no more lives/homes are not lost in the next few days.

Last edited by trnsfrmnreplace; 10-22-2007 at 02:04 PM.
trnsfrmnreplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:06 PM   #7  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

remember - it's so great that you're noticing your good qualities! Keep that in mind and keep the confidence!!

jusj - yay! for fitting pants!

marissa - the key is knowing that's in the past and to keep moving forward with good choices!

WELCOME ERIKA! This site has been a huge support system for me!

Amber - I can't wait to kiss the 150's goodbye! I still have the 170's and 160's to get through...

trnsfrm - omg... that is crazy, I feel awful. Those people are in my thoughts. It makes me really appreciate what I have right now.

I had a wonderful weekend! I was in Newport to see DB. We had such a nice time... it was like the past 6 1/2 weeks never happened. He didn't notice the weight loss right away... when I asked if anything was different he said my hair!!! He said he was too excited to see me to notice. The next day he did mention that my butt was tighter!! hehe. I'm not a huge fan of the OCS issue shaved head... but he can grow it back afterward! He looks good though and he's such a sweetie! I can't wait to see him on Thanksgiving! I must stick with this so that I can lose even more by then!!!
I am a little worried because my back's really hurting right now... I think I messed up my discs again somehow. I have a dr. appt so he can fix it faster than last year so I can get back on track...
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 03:18 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Well guys this weekend went better than last thats for sure. It still wasn't great though. I did make progress. I did pretty good on my food choices! It was the alcohol that killed me!! I don't even want to begin to calculate how many calories in alcohol I consumed on Friday night. We stayed in Memphis, so of course we had to go on Beale street. Man it was a blast!! On the bright side, there was a lot of walking involved! .... No more weekend get aways for awhile, so now I am going to focus on losing weight. I haven't stepped on the scale yet to see how much damage I've done, but I can tell you that I don't feel half as bad as I did after last weekend. Maybe I didn't do too much damage. Anyway, back on track today, so far so good!!

Remember: I also want to run a marathon, that is really a dream of mine. I'm hoping by this time next year I will be able to! Congrats on discovering your beauty
Jusj: If you haven't noticed going out is my downfall too, I feel ya
Marrisa: Just get right back on track.. I'm with ya
Erika: Welcome to the chat, congrats on your loss so far!
Amber: Congrats on the 140's!! I can't wait!
Trnsfrme: I'm watching it on the news right now, You are in my prayers!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #9  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Remember - to your awesome weekend! How awesome does it feel to see people who haven't seen you since you began your weightloss journey? My sister has these encounters often, pretty frequently lately too. After losing 70+ lbs. people don't even recognize her. She has to convince them who she is, haha.

Jusj - I hope you can make it to Sat. w/o weighing !

Marissa - It's a new week hun, give it your all and this one will be much better.

Welcome Erika and on those 7 lbs. gone forever!

Amberelise - Saying good bye to the 150's deserves a Woot Woot!!! Also, again, I applaud you on your accountability thread!! Keep it up!

trnsfrmnreplace - I saw all the footage on television while in the Gym tonight. That is so sad. I hope no one else loses their life or their home, too.

Hope - Glad you had an awesome weekend and got to see your DB. Hope your back feels better soon!

Casey - Like you and Remember I want to some day run a marathon as well. I was just telling my dad yesterday I want to start out with half-marathons, then work my way up from there.

As for me, my weekend was, blah. I had a "tiny" slice of pizza, a ground beef stuffed bell pepper, and au gratin potatoes for dinner Friday. Sat. and Sun. I stayed on plan, but I think Friday's dinner is messing with me physically and mentally. I felt horrible, but I'm still down 2.5 lbs. I now no longer have more than 100 lbs. to lose and I'm sooooo close to the 40 lb. mark. I'm excited. Enjoy your week ladies!!!
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:06 PM   #10  

Well getting up early went ok today in the morning I was actual feeling pretty good until about 2 o’clock and I hit a brick wall. Class from 2 – 3:30 was bad, then work was worst (plus I had to work in the back office which meant I had no one to talk too). I took tomorrow off work so I could finish my homework so I can finish my paper after class. It seemed like the best strategy right now.
Jana – Oh those empty drink calories are the worst. I’m so happy I’ve gotten myself away from regular pop. (But between you and I, I can’t keep juice in my apartment because I will drink all of it. I’ve told my roommate this and she is very understanding and doesn’t bring it in the house either).

Mirssa – I know who hard it is when you are eating out but think rather then thinking that eating out was a failure think about how good your choices were compared to what they could have been. Also think about how you managed to save half of your orders.

Erika – thanks for the good words. Welcome to the forum, this is my favorite thread. GOOD JOB and making your healthy choice this weekend. Doesn’t it feel good! And good job on the 7 pounds.

Amberelise – I think I’m going to start running again either this weekend or next week. My plan is to try and get up to a 5 K, do that for a month or so, then work my way up to a 10K work on that for a bit, then try and add until I can get up to a half marathon. I’m trying to find a running buddy, no takers yet. I am going to try and find some other races during the year (maybe that will help with the mini-goals).

Trnsfrmnreplace – Oh no, I heard about Cali having bad fires. I hope you are ok.

Hope2 – I’m glad that you got to see your DB. And it was nice that he noticed your efforts.

Casey – I like the new Avatar. Alcohol is always a killer for me … I’m not the girl that can have one drink and be done no if I’m drinking I’m all in. At least all the walking helped a bit … right? Good luck this week!

Kim - good job on getting past that hundred mark. That’s a big step. I love stuffed green peppers, I have two different ways make them so they are a little healthier. First I will make them with equal parts of extra lean ground beef and morningstar ground beef meal starter, brown rice, and tomato sauce. Low fat cheese on top. The other way is when I want to make a non-traditional stuffed pepper. I mix black beans, brown rice, peach salsa, regular salsa (you get a great combo of sweet and spice) then spring low fat cheese on top. So good. My roommate tried it and fell in love with them.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Remember: Regarding the avatar: Thank You! That picture is actually me, taken on top of a mountain here in Arkansas
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 08:56 PM   #12  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

remember... the non-trad stuffed peppers sound amazing... do you have a specific recipe or is that pretty much it and you eyeball it??? I would love to make it... yummmmmmmmmmmmmmm
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Hi All,

Glad to see that almost everyone had a good weekend.

Marissa - don't feel too bad about the choices you made for eating out. With so many temptations out there you have to applaude yourself for at least making the good or semi-good choices that you did. It could have been worse.

Erika - welcome to the forum and congrats on your loss so far.

Amberlise - Congrats on breaking the 150's. Keep up the good work.

Remeber - Good luck with getting up early to exercise! I hope you have better luck than I do / did. I tried that the first go around, but it just wasn't for me. The mid-day slump really hit me hard too. But honestly I did find it was the best uninterrupted time of day to get at it!

Kim - Congrats on getting past the 100lbs mark. Great work!!

trnsfrm - my thoughts are with you.

Well, as for me, my weekend was pretty uneventful. My friends came back from a 3 week trip to Myrtle Beach so I went to see them. We just played board games all night, so no big deal for sticking to plan. Sunday was a little bit of wrench. I went to my mom's and ended up eating some cake for no particular reason, but it was only a small piece so I don't feel too bad, especially since I stayed completely on plan the rest of the weekend. The only real wrench in my plans was that after exercising a little too hard on Thursday I wasn't really functional enough to work out the rest of the weekend. But luckily I was ok today and got back at it. When I weighed in this morning, I hadn't moved on the scale, but that's better than going up as far as I'm concerned. I know it is likely to do with my over-doing it on Thursday... too much water retention in sore muscles.

All in all it's been good, so I'm happy.
Cheers!
HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #14  

Hope2lose: I made it up as I went along but this is what I did (best I can remember):
2 large peppers (any colors)
3/4 cup black beans
3/4 cup brown rice (prepared)
1/3 cup peach salsa (any sweet salsa would work)
1/6 cup hot salsa
1/2 cup fat free chedder

Cut the tops off of the peppers and remove all of the seeds. Blanch the pepper for about 10 minutes until slightly soft. Mix the beans, rice, and salsa. Spoon into the pepper and top with cheese. Place in a 350 degree oven for about 10 minutes until the cheese is looks melted and yummy.

** I seasoned with salted it after I made it (while eating) but I'm a salt addict so you might want to taste first.

** I had extra "stuffing" (not enough for another pepper but too much to justifly either stuff in them or throw out) so I had it for a side the next day as a side dishes.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:25 PM   #15  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hey everyone.

rememberhow- That sounds like such a good thing to learn about yourself. And compliments from old friends are always good. And that reciped looks scrumptious.

Erika - Welcome!!!!

Amber - congrats on the loss. Getting into a new "decade" always feels nice.

caisey - nice new aviator. Very lovely.

highhopes- a maintain is always better than a gain. Can't agree more there.

My weekend was good... I had a loss of 1.6 lbs, which felt great considering some of the food I'd eaten last week. I hadn't been expecting a loss of any kind.

I'm so tired right now. And I can't be tired. I need to study I have two major midterms coming up here and... ugh. Anyway I'll make it through I'm sure.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote