Old 10-12-2007, 11:53 AM   #46  
small steps

S/C/G: 209/*ticker*/125

Height: 5'1 & 3/4

Hi all. I just want to jump into October chat here, but there's so much to catch up on.

Jennt - I have a friend just like that. I've started trying to meet her at times we won't go out to eat, or try eating before I go to see her so maybe I'll only order tea or a salad when I'm out with her. She's one of my very best friends, so I just had to learn to start saying no to her when I know ordering what she wants will put me over my calories. She's my best friend, so she won't disown me for it. It might motivate her to start eating healthier too though, which I hope.

jusj - Congratulations on maintaining! Good luck on your goal for next week.

Remember - That's awesome. I found the same thing happened to me when I was in Vegas. Of course, more drinking than strictly necessary happened, but with the heat + walking so many places I felt like I was getting a workout when I wasn't even trying.

lissa - That image is just too cute! Too bad the hubby wasn't around with a camera to take a quick snap. hehe

Anyhoo, today is going well so far, the weather has finally realized it's October so I'm going to go out and do something fun. I've already done my workout today which makes it 5 out of 6 this week and I'm feeling great. I just need to figure out what I'm going to eat here. Tomorrow is my weigh in and I always get nervous before weigh ins though because no matter how much I try to stay happy about my progress, seeing a number I don't expect always gets me down.

Anyhoo, anxiety aside, it's a beautiful day and I hope everyone is enjoying it.

Last edited by wrdfrog; 10-12-2007 at 11:55 AM.
wrdfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 01:37 PM   #47  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Thanks for the words of wisdom. Being a student, that has 2 jobs, I eat when I can, so I'll stick to me plan.

Have a great weekend, gals!!! I'm off to the beach. (Hotel has a fitness room)

The weather here is gorgeous as well. Is there a land where it's October every day?!?!?
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 02:17 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Remember - Vegas baby vegas! how was it? what did you do, who did you see, do we get to see any pics? hahah. Yay for good OCI ints. I had all mine and now I have one call back coming up on the 22nd. Im stressing a little bit because basically if they offer me a job and the pay is somewhat not rediculous or way to low or anything I'll feel like I have to take it becuase its better than not having a job but at the same time I still feel like I might want to be in a bigger city, I just don't know. recommitting is going well. i've been pretty good all week and even though i havent been losing I'm not gaining (more) and i feel like my goals are more reasonable. i was limiting too much before and just making myself unahppy. SO im hoping to lose 5 lbs by halloween. 5 lbs by thanksgiving. and 5 lbs by xmas. I'll have a little help in there because I'm getting my wisdom teeth out. hehe wont be able to eat for like 3 days. im just getting frusterated because i know wht I need to do. I know how to do it. and i just keep making excuses for me not to do it. so... i think being a little easier on myself will be good because it wont be all or nothing. anyways. hehe was that longer than you were expecting?

Jana - great jpb on the eating!!

lissa - def time for shopping! your daughter sounds super cute!

shy - i think splitting up the cals is great and im sure eating that before bed is A-ok especially because your doc okayed it. i've heard great things about splitting cals over the day. increasing metabolism etc.
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 04:23 PM   #49  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

the ball is still diapered i just dont have the heart to strip it. still havent gotten into the shed yet i'm kinda irked at my hubby over something. another weekend ruined
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2007, 06:58 PM   #50  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Hey all!

Thanks Rememberhowtosmile. I definitely made a huge batch of pasta sauce, now sitting in the freezer. And some frozen tofu. After I pick up some veggies and grains this weekend I'll probably make some soup and freeze this.

I'm sooooo glad it's Friday. WOOT WOOT!

Plus while I had a break down yesterday (crying to my mom on the phone, because of stress and lonely feelings...) it was a good day health wise. Food and exercise wise I mean. Counting calories seems to be working for me. Don't want to speak too soon though.

Well I've got to run. Literally, I need to go for a run before Friday night plans begin.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2007, 04:13 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

Ok, I need some motivation.....I'm back up to 180 and didn't get to work out at all last week except for a couple or times. I'm losing steam... You all know what I'm talking about. Starting to wonder if I can lose as much by Thanksgiving. Maybe I set my goal too high....I don't know. I really just want to sit down and cry. I need motivation to get up at go to the gym as much as I was last week. On an upside, people have noticed that I've lost weight! That's a plus! I just don't think the Sonoma thing is working for me. This is the 4th time I've flaked out of it. I'm not going to do weight watchers because it's too much of a headache for me. Any suggestions? I REALLY want to lost 15 lbs by Nov 22nd
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 01:24 PM   #52  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

Hey everyone!

How's your weekend going? Mine's good. I weighed in today at 149.4! So I'm in the 140s! Woot.

Happymomma - Motivation can be so hard to find. But just think about how people are already noticing you've lost weight... can you imagine how much difference 10, 15, 20lbs will make?! As for following something.... hmmm. I know what you mean. I decided to begin recording calories recently just to kind of have an official plan. What is the Sonoma thing? And if weight watchers doesn't suit you I wouldn't go back to it if I were you.
Old 10-14-2007, 01:51 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

cats: the sonoma diet and mediteranian diet are basically the same thing. Lots of veggies, whole grains, fruit, protein, good fats(like EVOO, and nuts) and wine.

I picked up the book again yesterday and decided that I'm going to go through with the Sonoma Diet. I've been on Wave 1 since I joined here. I know it's longer than it was intended for(10 days is what they say) and I think that's why I got burnt out. It's a pretty strict phase. No fruit, no sweets, no fake sweets, less dairy, and way less veggies.) But I realized that if I don't at least TRY the next step, I will go backwards completely. Fall off the wagon, if you will. So that is what is happening tomorrow. I'm begining Wave 2 and hanging on for a while. I'm also going back to the gym this week. My daughter and I are no longer sick, so I can leaver her with child care again. Hopefully I will see results this week. Will report back tomorrow. Thanks, Cats.

P.S. The scale said 179 again so maybe Friday was just a fluke.

Last edited by HappyMomma05; 10-14-2007 at 01:54 PM.
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:29 PM   #54  

hi ladies -

my weekend is going pretty well. i have a lot of work to do today appellate opinion to write (for a seminar), applications to send out, and just general cleaning and sunday organizing! yipes! my date fri turned out to be really fun! which kind of surprised me because I am still hung up on my "friend" who i was waiting to call a while back then he called then i sent an email ... and now its been 3 weeks and no word from him i know we have a tendency to make things seem better than they were but I am just kind of realizing how much I actually liked him! plus realizing that i am totally out of this stage where i can go make out with random people. (probably a good thing). i have to really like you and know you to be interested at all. anyways... besides wondering every day why the f he hasnt responded i am also stressing about jobs and what i will do if i get this job i h ave an interview coming up for and what that means for me and how much money i will take (or how little rather) and whether i am ready to essentially move back to the place i started in. so... lots of stress. trying to be better about excercizing but really trying not to A take out my emotions on (with?) food or B get even more down if I do have a bad food experience.

finally the good news is that I lost a lb. 4 more till halloween.

hope everyone else is doing well!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:38 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi all,

Well my weekend has been going great. I managed to stay on plan despite the temptations. As of this morning I was down another pound.

I completed the Light the Night walk last night with my family. It was an hour walk around town carrying lighted balloons in support of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. It was totally awesome.

HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 05:53 PM   #56  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

Happymomma - Okay that sounds like a really good diet actually. Good luck with phase 2. And of course the 180 was a fluke. Probably a fluctuation and you'll see results this week.

Readyfreddy - nice going on one pound down. It's always good.

Highhopesanddreams - Another person down a pound?! Awesome! That walk sounds cool. I'm supposing that it takes place rather late at night? It's always nice to do stuff like that.
Old 10-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Cats tongue - Yeah, the walk took place starting at 7pm, just after sunset. It was really cool seeing hundreds of people walking down the streets with lit up balloons.
HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2007, 08:07 AM   #58  
doinTHEbestIcan

Good Morning Ladies!!!

My did I have a wonderful weekend!! My eating was right on point and even though I had to work all weekend I still had a good time!

I'm on my 5th day of good eating!!

The scales were down to 191 this morning!!

I hope everyone has a good Monday!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote