Old 09-27-2007, 04:58 PM   #76  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Jusj When you start skipping meals, your body will do the opposite of what you're trying to do. It will think your lost in the woods without food and go into survival mode and start storing your fat and calories in your body instead. Don't do it, man! ....and have you tried belly dancing?

Spot reduction
Ohhhh, okay. Anyone know of a good exercise for the bye-bye flab on the upper arm?

I had Amy's Organic No Chicken Noodle Soup today. Yummy! And only 180 calories a can! anyone ever tried it? De-lish!
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 07:15 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Yeah it is officially the weekend. Which really means that I am going to be locked in my apartment most of the weekend doing homework except when I am proctoring the LSATs on Saturday and then go get my nails done. All I can say is I am so happy this week is over.

Ollie - I think I forgot to mention when I explained spot reduction is that most experts say it does not work. You can't just lose weight off one spot.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:16 PM   #78  

Height: 5'5"

ollie - to TONE a spot (ie build muscle and perhaps condense?) i like to do lat pulls on a weight machine. like i said before - and remember said - its a "doubted" practice. but i like to say it cant hurt.

i had a SPOT ON DAY again! woo hoo perfect! i feel great!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #79  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i would love to be a 14 again my fave jeans were a size 14 low rise or ultra low rise(sigh back before the babies)
my 16s are sliding down now except for 2 pairs but those ones are either no spandex or slimmers
anyway tomorrow night dh and i might get a date without the kids if all goes well, we havent had a date since our daughter was 3 months old.
did some more swing time with her and hubby today.
i prolly should go look for something that calculates calories burned by activity
have a good friday y'all i know i will when hubby and i get some alone time lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 10:41 PM   #80  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

frustration! The scale is going UP! I know that I shouldn't rely on the scale all the time, but it's still frustrating! I guess I just have to stay proud that I have been eating right and exercising consistantly for almost a month now... maybe I'm building muscle??? lets hope! I guess the real challenge is to stick with it without seeing a constant decline... I'm an impatient immediate results person... I'm trying to get over that! Also, I have this cute black dress from graduation that would probably fit if I lost 10lbs and I want to wear it for DB's formal dining out when I see him in Newport... I guess I need to kick the workouts up a notch!!! So, frustration, but I will not cave!!!
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:33 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 162/160/145

Height: 5'8"

I'm pretty proud of how well I've done this week- No cheats and I've worked out everyday except last night. Weighing in tomorrow... so we'll see then how I've done. Anyone ready to watch Grey's Anatomy?!!
carmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 11:51 PM   #82  

Height: 5'5"

IM SO READY for greys- watching UB right now....

Hope - well if you are putting on muscle youre probably losing inches so maybe the dress will fit with only 6 lb loss (or something?) you might consider measuring yourself in addition to weighing for better idea?

had a glass of wine tonight (still within my cals) and DIDNT BINGE! woo alcohol so lowers my inhibitions when it comes to eating. im glad i stuck it out though!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #83  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Yeaaaaa!!

Yesterday was a great day!!! Eating was right on plan!!!

Ollie-i have thought about belly dancing but I didn't think my body or huge tummy was small enough fir that. Who wants to see this flab move from side 2 side. There is a belly dancing studio right up the street from my house, I just noticed it last week.

I'm going to call them today for some info.

Have a great day ladies!!! Good luck to all of you with your eating, the weekend is here babi!!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 09:13 AM   #84  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Sooo, today was my first weigh-in. I was so scared stepping on the scale because I kinda "overdid it" yesterday by about 800 cals, and woke up feeling very full and bloated still. All that talk about emotional eating being self-destructive, well I guess I need to remember my own words next time. Anyways, I lost 4 lbs, a good amount for a first week, but still feel pretty gross.

The good news is that my mom and I went grocery shopping last night and I got ALL SORTS of yummy good-for-you foods. Couldn't find Laughing Cow cheese at Wally World but still got veggies, WW flour (I've never used it before, and it was kinda expensive!), Fiber one granola bars, WW pasta, and lots of other good stuff. Very excited to have lots of food choices this week.

ollie27-- Rain is my favorite weather (despite what it does to my hair!). To me it is very soothing. The only problem is that I walk outdoors and when it's pouring it's hard to motivate myself to go. Oh well, so far I have done well, I just need to remember how good I feel by the time I get back home after working out!

RemeberHowToSmile-- Good luck w/ the homework! I am a little behind in my Statistics class and I have missed like 3 or 4 classes so far this semester (out of a max of 6 absences) and I don't know why I seem to be sabotaging myself, I want to be a biostatisitician so this and bio are my major, lol! I guess sometimes I just think, "Oh, I am in college, I should go off and enjoy myself with my friends while I have the chance," and that chance always seems to happen when I have this Stats class. Need to get myself back on track and resist temptation!

readyfreddy-- Great job with staying on track!

lissa9501-- Hope you and the hubby get some date time tonight, must be a relief when you do!

hope2loseit4good-- I am one of those "instant gratification" people too. Even though I did lose this week I feel like it's not enough or something. I think some of it has to do with the kind of world we live in today, if you think about it we can get pretty much anything we want in the snap of a finger... fast food drive-thrus, the internet, cell phones, etc... hard to respect the "slow and steady" aspect of weight loss with all that other stuff coming so quickly!

carmezz-- I didn't watch Grey's last night because I was so exhausted after getting home last night (at 7:30 pm) after a 10 hour day at school PLUS another 1.5 hours grocery shopping with my mom. I have seasons 1 & 2 on DVD and I think the season premiere is showing again tonight, will hopefully catch it then.

readyfreddy-- I SOO know what you mean about alcohol & eating. When I was a freshman in college I started drinking pretty heavily (2-3 nights per week, usually binge drinking to the point of being pretty wasted) and that is partly what contributed to me gaining 40 lbs in my first year alone. Me and my friends would get drunk and order our fave kind of pizza, sausage w/ peppers and onions, mmm making my mouth water just thinking about it!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 AM   #85  

Height: 5'9"

Well, I binged last night. We're running out of food at the house so I had a hard time putting together my food to take with me to work yesterday. This means that by the time I got home I was STARVING. So, that in turn meant that I unsmartly ordered take out and it was a cheeseburger AND hummus with pita bread. What was I thinking? I hit very close to 2000 calories if not over. Plus, we didn't hit the gym last night. I'm sure in the grand scheme of things it didn't kill me, and I'm hoping it shook up my metabolism, but didn't I have a metabolism shake up on Monday of last week? Bad, Amber! Bad!

Anyhoo, I STILL expected to see some weight loss on the scale this week, but nada. Bummer. I will chalk it up to:

1.) TOM
2.) Last night's binge
3.) No gym yesterday

It is killing me that I'll have to wait until next week to check again for a weight loss.

And, you know what is really getting to me? My best friend's wedding is on November 10th. I have one month to get down to my goal of 145 for her wedding. I'm the maid of honor. It's still possible, but with a week like this I'm scared to death that it isn't going to happen! I so so so don't want to look bad in her wedding photos.

All that work this week and no change. It's tough to hope that next week will be different, but I have to hope. I told myself this morning that if I quit now I'll never lose the weight. And, I don't want to go my whole life having that extra weight on me. I can't give up. It doesn't do anything for me to give up.

So, here's the toughest goal I've set in this weight loss journey:

Eat nothing at the ball park tomorrow. Only drink water, no beer.

I thought that Saturday would be my "binge day." I have White Sox tickets. But, now it cannot be. Not after last night. I can't eat ball park food. I can't drink beer. I have to be perfect. That's my goal. Please hold me accountable!

Last edited by Amberelise; 09-28-2007 at 10:14 AM.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #86  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Amberelise-- I know exactly how you feel, I was at 2500 cals yesterday because I freaked out and ate a candy bar, zebra cakes, ice cream, and Subway. I feel so bloated and gross this morning.

I know you can go to the ballpark and resist temptation! Are you allowed to bring in any food from the outside? You could bring popcorn or something so you still feel like you're snacking on something. I don't know, some places let you do this and some don't.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:31 AM   #87  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

jusj- Belly dancing is a great workout! It's a dance for women, it doesn't matter how big or small you are. The professional dancers like those of the Bellydance Superstars are all slender and toned because they dance everyday. Having said that the dancers from Gypsy Caravan are nearly all on the larger side and they are just beautiful to watch.

I take bellydance classes and recommend it highly!
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:37 AM   #88  

Height: 5'9"

Thanks misschirs. I'm just going to eat dinner prior to going to the ballpark. Making this a clear cut goal and making sure 100 people are going to hold me accountable, I know I will eat nothing. So, hold me accountable and check with me on Sunday to be sure I stuck to it. Then I know I can do it.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 10:40 AM   #89  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Friday!! I'm sooooo looking forward to this weekend. After this weekend midterms start and the fits going to hit the shan with all the crap I have to get done. 7 papers! But. Fiddle-dee-dee! I shant think about it this weekend. Hoping to eat Thai tonight, hang out with the kids (cats) tomorrow and hike Sunday. I had a really good week and am coming to the end of my third week with motivation still going strong. Thanks gals, you all are such a big help!

Jana You are the one who gave me the idea of Netflixing workout DVDs. They have bellydancing. Maybe start at home and work your way up to a class? I just put Bollywood in my queue. Indian dancing. We shall see! Congrats on your purrfect day yesterday.

Chris Speaking of DVDs, I throw them in when its raining. 4 lbs. is awesome! It took me my first 2 weeks to lose 4 lbs.! Keep up the good work!

Amber I love MLB games!! I'm close to Atlanta, so Braves fan here (despite). I saw the Nationals earlier this year in D.C. Poor Nationals. Stadiums usually have Veggie dogs, which are sometimes over 100 calories less and chock full of protein. I'll stop there. I am not one to hold someone accountable at a baseball game....good luck!

Freddy Thanks. I know it is possible to tone certain muscle groups. I suppose that is what i was trying to ask. I'm new to all this lingo. I have seen some people at the track walking while carrying weights. Maybe that'll help my upper arm flab? I shall try!

Have a great weekend guys. You all are doing so well!
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 162/160/145

Height: 5'8"

First weigh-in: Down 2.5 lbs. If I can keep us this rate (at least for the first 10 lbs) I will be so happy! Now I just have to stay strong this weekend...
carmezz is offline   Reply With Quote