Old 09-25-2007, 05:52 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 188/184/140

Height: 5'7"

Whoops, forgot to keep up with the posts yesterday

Haven't got round to posting my pics online yet, will try and do that tonight when I get home.

I had a great day yesterday. I didn't cheat at all! Plus I went to the gym did my chest work out and cardio, and then in the evening ended up doing a 2 and a half hour bellydance class (actually it was troupe practice).

And the scale is on the way down again. It nudged up to 178 because of the weights I'm lifting, but it was 177 today!!

Today has been pretty good. Someone bought me a small slice of cake and I decided to go ahead and enjoy it (but resisted the temptation for seconds!). I have martial arts tonight so I'll burn it off
Augustchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:19 PM   #32  

Height: 5'5"

lissa- you can do it! it wont taste nearly as good as you think, youll feel sick after and youll be mad that you didnt stick to your guns! (hey i did this only yesterday with carrot cake haha it so wasnt worth it!) you can do it!

carmez - nice to meet you! i normally try to keep it around 1200 but am having a hard time keeping it under 2000 right now ;-) one day at 1100 ish wont hurt! glad to meet you!

august - 177! yeah baby! way to stick to your plans! keep it up!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:41 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 195/188/140

Height: 5'4"

Evening all!
Well yet another day has almost passed... it was going pretty good until dinner time. Didn't feel like cooking, so DH made pizza... luckily it was the last one we had in the house so I won't have to worry about him pulling one out on me again.

Remeber - this week I have really just been trying to watch what I eat and make healthier choices. I really have to get back into doing my daily food diary. When I was doing that before I managed to get myself to pre-plan my days so it forced me to focus more and not reach for the "quick fix". My goal for this week is to get that going again and exercise, that way I can really start things fresh next week. Things are going to be really hectic this week as my b-day is friday and 1st anniversary is sunday and we are having a big party with family and friends. I just have to watch what I'm getting into and start things really going on monday!!
HighHopesnDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:49 PM   #34  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

WHy won't my pictures post?
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 06:50 PM   #35  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

Is is working yet? OKay that works. I am going to change my avatar to my mudrun picture. I am the bigger one covered in mud. I am covered from the chin down. It was a 5K race that took everything out of me. I am still sore Well worth it though!

Last edited by alliesmom00; 09-25-2007 at 06:54 PM. Reason: problems with picture
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:09 PM   #36  

cute pic!

speaking of avatars - can someone tell me how to get that virtual model that is your size shape height etc?
Old 09-25-2007, 07:42 PM   #37  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Well guys, I am SUPER proud of myself!! Okay let me start at the beginning of this (weird) story!

So I belong to a college club called BASIC (stands for Brothers And Sisters In Christ), and today they held a Spam Carving Competition! It's so weird but it did end up bringing a few new faces to the group. Well, I carved a Spam pig, and it won first place! Okay so it was only against seven other carvings, but still. I got a $10 gift certificate for a local deli, which I am so excited about because they have some really healthy subs and soups. Also I am a very poor college student and every little bit of money helps! Anyways at the meeting they ordered a sheet pizza and all sorts of regular non-diet soda. Everyone was eating and drinking, and I did not have one bite or sip! I am so proud of myself! I just focused on talking to people and listening to the messages and I hardly thought about the food at all!

If I could figure out how to get pics from my cell phone to the computer, I would post a pic of my pig standing on a can of Spam....! lol!

Last edited by misschris531; 09-25-2007 at 08:06 PM. Reason: misread something! oops!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So my wonderful morning ended terrible. I went to my first class and only after I got there did my prof tell us it was cancelled because of red mass. So that was a waste of time. Then I went to the café to try and get some work done and I ended up talking to some 1Ls so I didn’t do anything for 2 hours. (My own fault but another waste of time). Then work and class but what makes it bad is that it was 90+ degrees in the school because the cooling tower broke so no AC. Well that made me miserable and everyone else. Well the problem is I walked out of there not knowing anything because I couldn’t focus on class and my prof could focus so he keep making mistakes. I don’t understand how the school in good conscious can remain open when it is that hot in there. Anyways that left me angry and exhausted when I got home so I’ve been wasting time since then. I just am so crabby I don’t even want to be around myself. Oh yeah and I ate a brownie today because they were there but I stopped at one.

Well I am going to watch the idiot box some more before doing homework.

Amberelise – good job getting to the gym. I've been so bad at that lately.

Addicted – Thanks, I try and keep a dialogue going on the forum. This might sound like a strange response but you might want to try upping your calories. It sounds weird but sometimes your body gets too efficient and upping the calories will make it work harder.

HappyMomma – Every day is starting over. Keep with it.

Ollie – I don’t want to sound mean but make sure you are eating otherwise you will lose muscle mass and all that jazz. You can’t live on salad and other low calorie foods.

Lissa – All I can say is ummm chocolate cake and ice cream . . . be strong.

Carly – I try and eat 1200 calories it works for me. Some days I eat more. I try not to go over 1400. One of my big goals is not to let myself get hungry because then I eat too much.

August – Where are the pictures?

High – Food diaries are great. You might want to check out fitday they have a good website to track food. Also you should check out the daily planning threads because they are really good for accountability.

Alliesmom – good job on the 5k even if you are sore and exhausted. I like the new avatar.

Freddy – Go to http://www.mvm.com/en/index.htm that is where I created mine, let me know if you are still having trouble because I have more specific instructions I’ve sent to others but I would have to find them.

Chris – Way to go on resisting temptation. Good job! It is so hard to resist temptation of free food when you are a poor college student.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:36 PM   #39  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Remember Thanks for looking out there for me sista, but as someone that has made it in this cruel, harsh world for almost thirty years and has loved every bite, you ain't gotta worry about me starving myself mon ami; I just happen to really like salads

and I also happen to be a cynic.

oh, and a vegetarian. they both help.

Chris Speaking of being a vegetarian...Spam pig? That's wax poetic, man. The irony, the irony!

Carly Good to know there's people lookin out for people on here. Reminder: bodies and bodies needs are different for everyone, all shapes and sizes! Welcome aboard and good luck on your journey.

High
Yes! Food diary. I use dailyplate dot com. It has everything imaginable in the database--even Taco Bell's Mexican pizza with no beef that I happily ate for dinner tonight.

Augustchild I'm an August child too. Ahh, kindred spirits.

Well, I've put off the homework long enough gang. Goodnight all! Happy healthy living!
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:50 PM   #40  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

ollie-- I used to eat a vegetarian diet but I have eased back into lean meats for the beginning of my weight loss... I don't buy the food in my house so I have some limitation as to low-cal stuff... anyways, I really wish I could figure out how to get pics from my phone to my comp so I could show them to you!
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:53 PM   #41  

misschirs- congrats! that is what its all about - taking the focus off food and putting it on people and relationships and interactions with things that actually talk back! hah!

remember- oh ive had days like that.

edited to add- ive stayed on my meal Plan all day today! woot woot! i added two mini muffins at 200 cals... but i didnt eat my extra snack after dinner so im at 1250 - which is great!

Last edited by readyfreddy; 09-25-2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

So my sister just kindof made my night becuase she ran into a teacher of mine from high school and his first comment was how is your sister? And when she said I was in my second year of law school I guess he was shocked (because it seems like I just left) and excited for me. He was my favorite teacher in high school and I've lost touch with him. I'm going to try and find his e-mail address and get back in touch. I told her if she seen him again to give him mine. Its nice to know that people think about you.

Ollie - I love salads too. I go through streaks of eating them. I get overly worried about eating disorders because I've been around a lot of people who have them and I got a bit of concern over your comment about eating very few calories. I might have taken it wrong. I'm sorry. Just out of curiousity what type of proteins do you eat, I'm trying to eat more meat free meals. I've been eating a lot of black beans and morning star meal starter ground beef.

Freddy and EastCoast - I just read this article from the ABA Journal that discussed Lawyer calling ourselves doctors because we have Juris Doctors as long as we aren't being misleading people into assuming that we are medical professionals (so if you were praticing in the field of medical malpractice). What do you think about this? How do you feel about calling yourself a doctor? (If you are a dork like me I can send you the article).

Last edited by RememberHowToSmile; 09-25-2007 at 09:03 PM.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:23 PM   #43  

remember- im a bit biased because my dad is a medical doctor but i think only real doctors that can treat you should be called doctor. it annoys my when PHds go by doctor. no youre not! haha. you have a doctorate. anyways. i guess technically its not wrong it just seems pompus to me. but youbetter believe all my mail will be going to "ready freddy, JD" ahaha

more motivation - im going out with friend for halloween and we are going to dress up together as dirty martinis! http://www.buycostumes.com/Category/...uctDetail.aspx hehe should be fun. its the one day of the year i dress crazy! anyways - im a huge dork but let me have my moment. haha
Old 09-25-2007, 11:41 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 162/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Ollie, Remember, & all-

Didn't mean to sound like I was riding in on my high horse I'm sure ya'll know what your body needs- I'm kind of hyper-sensitive to EDs so sorry if I came off like a mom! Anyhoo- today went really well. I stuck to my eating plan for the most part and was able to go for a long with the dog then my 50 min Pilates class. Stopped at Trader Joe's afterwards and got lots of yummy stuff (lots of proteins & veggies) so I can mix up my meals and not get bored. I'm totally seeing how this online accountability stuff works- didn't want to cheat today as I knew I'd have to admit it later!
carmezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 01:18 AM   #45  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

1 slice and 2 scoops of ice cream( the ice cream got shared with my iceam loving 2 yr old) and i hope everyone else eats up the cake 1 slice is all i had and thats all i'm gonna have
then the comment was made that i look like i've been losing weight.nah my jeans just dont like my butt lol. i havent seen a scale since aug so i prolly gained i dont know i should look for a scale or something when i'm out tomorrow
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote