Old 09-24-2007, 10:38 PM   #16  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm here tomorrow is my no cake bday and i busted my butt today to fix something for my hubby(nailpolish doesnt fix eyeglasses very well) i kept having to pick a recliner up to search it and pushed my toddler in her swing for like half an hour
i'm also trying to give up alcohol i dont like drinking in front of the kids and its not like it used to be before the kids
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:15 AM   #17  

Height: 5'5"

ok today was a crash and burn. onwards and upwards. i think i know the problem though.... not enough food for lunch... too snacky not substantial. so tomorrow i am inverting. same breakfast then a chicken breast, peas and onions for lunch plus a yogurt and fruit for snack. then depending i might have a grilled cheese and turkey for dinner. i just... couldnt say no to temptation today because i didnt have the right tools with me. ;-) i need to not feel deprived! so im wiping the slate clean and here i come tomorrow!!!
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:35 AM   #18  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

183.4!!! I've lost over 15 lbs. so far!!! Wahoo!!! I'm excited. HOWEVER, hardly any of the weight is coming from my stomach area... It's my worst area... one of the ladies I work with is a personal trainer, so she's going to do ab work with my every other monday after school... to watch my form and help me with exercises! Yeah!!! Any other suggestions to get it from the gut?? Or just: Lose more weight.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 07:53 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 202/190/155

Height: 5'6.5"

Hey ladies,

I'm back down to 173 today after eating everything in sight last week... So I'm going to learn my lesson from last week and move on. I feel good about this week, although I have developed a sore throat. I almost never get sick and I'm good at fending it off in the early stages, so I'm wearing a scarf and drinking tea and taking vitamins because being sick isn't an option.

Today's my busy day and I should be doing lots of reading right now before the marathon of class and journal stuff, but I'm here catching up on all your exciting news because that's way more interesting.

Hope2LoseIt: 15 lb is awesome! It is tough to target your middle, but that's cool that you have a trainer friend to help out. We all need more friends like that.

Freddy: You're totally right, the best thing you can do when you have a setback is to write it off and move on. You've set some tough goals for yourself but it seems like you've got the drive to succeed, just gotta bring those right tools.

Lissa: No cake birthday?? That's willpower!

HighHopes: Welcome! I am pretty new around here too and it's definitely been fun and helpful to hear from other people who are fighting the same fight.
eastcoastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:02 AM   #20  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Good morning all!!!

Yesterday was to bad to even try to discuss! Better luck today!!

I'll check back later!!!

Have a great morning!!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:20 AM   #21  
BLACK TEAM

S/C/G: 225/219.5/140

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone! I'm at school right now, in the library.
Yesterday was a good day for me overall... my fat intake was unusually high (38%), which I am not too pleased about, but I guess it shouldn't be such a big deal if I keep it down over the next couple of days. I am working on controlling my late-night eating (always a killer for me!!!)... I did NOT binge last night which I am very proud of! For a bedtime snack I had 1 oz. of cheese, kinda high fat, but I had room for the cals, and it helped to fill me up and satisfy my taste buds.

We really need to go food shopping at my house, the choices are quickly diminishing... but we have to make due till the weekend, which sucks! I can't wait to get my hands on some fresh spinach, Laughing Cow cheese, and Egg Beaters!
(Mmm, I was thinking of those ingredients independently, but now that I read over them, that would make a really DELISH breakfast sandwich on some lite toast!)

Last edited by misschris531; 09-25-2007 at 08:21 AM.
misschris531 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 08:45 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

This morning is a good morning. I got up early this morning as planned, I have to attend a city planning meeting for my class. My hair curled really well today and fast (so I have time to long on here), my make up looks good, and I put on an xl tank top that I got at the beginning of the summer that fit but today when I put it on it looks really good. It hide my stomach (which is a big concern area for me because it has a lot of loss skin which makes it look larger.) Hopefully this meeting will be short so that I can get back to my homework.

Oh and I forgot the scale was back down to 179 today, hopefully I can keep it there or lower (I don’t want to see 180 on the scale ever again)!!!

Ollie – Guys don’t think and there is nothing you can do about it . . . but I commend your strength

HighHopes – Welcome to the forum. Everyone is great and you’ll find lots of support. I know life is complicated but you need to make eating health a priorty and plan it into your day. (Planning is the key). What are you doing now?

Hope – does your college has an indoor pool. One of the things I am excited about going on vacation is because they have a great pool at the hotel. And I don’t have any advice of the stomach (that is where I am still losing weight). Just keep at it.

Lissa – Happy Birthday (I’m assuming it is your birthday no someone elses) and I am sure that I will be having cake on my birthday so I commend your strength.

ReadyFreddy – It’s all about finding the right balance. I was starving every day when I got home from school so I realized that if I added a small snack in the afternoon then I make it though the day and am not starving so that I don’t binge at dinner.

EastCoast – I know what you mean about feeling sick, I’ve been getting a sore throat too. I’ve been pumping up the vitamin C and trying to get some extra sleep.

Jusj – Good luck today you just have to get back on track.

MissChris – I love laughing cow cheese, I try and keep all healthy food around that way when I do binge then I binge on healthy food (it’s harder now because I have a roommate and I can’t control other people food in the house.) I’m sure you sill do well.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 10:43 AM   #23  

Height: 5'5"

highhopesanddreams - HI!

hope- the crunches/core work sounds good. i recommend pilates matt classes (i did those for 2 semesters in college and boy did it reshape my core!) but if thats not practical then i think definitelyh just keep losing it and you will notice a diff. (i totally get what you are saying, though i have the opposite problem... my stomach/arms get lean pretty fast but my thighs hips and double chin are here even when my arms start getting too skinny! sigh....

remember- i agree i set some tough goals. basically i am just tired of losing, gaining, regaining, re losing, losing more, gaining more etc etc the same darn 15 lbs! this is it... i know my body pretty well and i think the first 5 weeks of 2 lbs will be totally doable... if i slow down after than ill readjust my goals! im really hoping that if i can make it all the way to my goal (instead of just part way like normal) then i will feel that its very important to maintain it!
ok im doing well today....hope you all are too
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 AM   #24  

Height: 5'9"

Ollie - Good for you!!! How you avoided the ice cream temtation I'll never know. And only water. Amazing. I will say the 150 calorie skinny cow ice cream cones are FABULOUS. But, if you can survive with no ice cream, that's definitely better.

HighHopes - WELCOME. I look forward to reading words of inspiration from you as you begin your successful weight loss journey.

Hope2Lose - You actually can't spot reduce. The only way to lose weight in a specific area is to lose all over. I guess your tummy is just the last place to go. But, WITH THAT SAID, you burn more calories with stronger muscles and your core is some of the best muscles to strengthen. I agree with the comment to take Pilates. It's awesome with working your core. Plus a trainer!? How lucky are you!!!

Miss - how can you have a candy corn ticker and not be tempted!?

Remember - out of the 180s. That's awesome! I'm sure you'll never see that wretched number again. Congrats.

As for me, I went to the gym last night. I got my membership on Saturday and last night was my first visit. I did an hour of yoga, I did my 5K training (just walking and jogging for 25 minutes), I lifted some weights and I swam. In total we spent 3 hours at the gym. I feel great!!!
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 11:47 AM   #25  
one day at a time

S/C/G: 260/170/140

Height: 5'5

Well, this week, I'm going to try to make it as clean as possible and to workout as much as possible. I have been plateu-ed forEVER. I don't know exactly what to do. I started the summer at 193 and am now 188. I want some movement. Does anybody have any suggestions? My calories have been around 1300, I do serious cardio--kickboxing, cycling, attempting to jog more than a mile at least three times a week, if not 4 or 5 times. I don't know!!! I think I am going to cut calories a little more.

Ollie- Oh man, Cookies and Cream, YOU DID well. haha.

Freddy-- Your attitude is so great!!! Way to go on not beating yourself up about it. Its a complete waste of energy and makes it harder to move forward. You'll do great this week.

Amber--Wow, three hours at the gym! thats awesome! Maybe thats what I need to do

Casey--Your pictures were so cute!! You look great!

Remember--You really are terrific at this forum business.

Last edited by Addicted5915; 09-25-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Addicted5915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187/*ticker*/135

Height: 5'3"

hello and good morning everyone! You can see that I'm new here. I'm in love with this forum already and I just joined yesterday.
I have been clutching and clawing my way out of this hole I've dug. Pregnancy was a bad time for me. It's been almost 3 years since I got pregnant and the 50 lbs I gained are still hanging on. I've lost a few here and there. Most of them are still here though.
Today has been really good! I haven't cheated at all! Trying to drink enough water. My lips have been cracking so I knew I was getting dehydrated. I've done the Sonoma diet before and actually got through wave 1! Then Ben & Jerry's found me again....so I'm starting over today!
Hearing everyone's progress and even mishaps is sooo encouraging! I don't have anyone here that can go this with me. Ah well. Life is good though!
HappyMomma05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #27  
Hot Mama

its not willpower its that no one seems to have remember it so whats the point of celebrating it
Old 09-25-2007, 02:39 PM   #28  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Great day thus far, gang. Walked, briskly mind you, 3 miles this morning and so far have ate nothing but low cal barely there food-- I still CANNOT believe I am spraying my friggin' salad, but hey, whatever works, right? Then I went to my Shakespeare class, which I adore, so score one for Tuesday morning!

HappyMomma I concur. I have only been on this thang for a couple of weeks and the inspiration is flowing like nectar of the gods. Kudos for your one day at a time mantra. Tis similar to my Maya Angelou quote. I think my problem has always been the expectation of instant gratification. <---doesn't exist. I got it now. Good Luck!

Remember True. They do not think. Here is the moral question of the day---If it is not in man's nature to think, is it right to hold them responsible for their lack of thought? Hmmmmmm...... Congrats on the desertion of those dreadful 180s!

Amber Yeah, I spotted some 60 cal fudge pops while I was there, but left the store empty handed tp prove a point. What point you ask? I'm not sure, but twas proven.

Casey You have really nice skin. And so much of it!

Have a great rest of the day everyone. Thanks for being here and stuff.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2007, 04:22 PM   #29  
Hot Mama

oh man today is gonna be rough my hubby and inlaws got me a choc cake plus ice cream........damn there goes my willpower
Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 162/160/145

Height: 5'8"

Hey all,

I'm new here and am enjoying reading (learning) about everyone and their individual goals. I know I'm a newbie here but it looks as though alot of you are not eating enough calories- under 1200 is way too low. Below 1200 (or for many people anything below 1800ish) will put your body in starvation mode which may lead to plataues or even weight gain if you cheat even a little. In the past when I'm working out, (especially as much as you all are) I found that upping my calories to around 1800 was far healthier and I still saw results. It's just a matter of keeping those foods clean. Our bodies need fuel to build muscle and that muscle is what is going to burn the calories!! I'll admit right now I'm aiming for 1300-1600 but that's so I can get in the groove again. When I get back to lifting I'm going to slowly up to 1800. Congratulations to all who are working so hard and I'm looking forward to gaining & giving support on all our journeys!

Carly

Last edited by carmezz; 09-25-2007 at 05:17 PM.
carmezz is offline   Reply With Quote