Old 09-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #16  

Height: 5'5"

remember- im doing the food planning thread! thanks!!

im also going to try to log my fitday to make sure im meeting all my nutritional goals... if i do it regularly ill post it in my avatar....

Last edited by readyfreddy; 09-19-2007 at 11:01 AM. Reason: fitday info
readyfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:37 PM   #17  
change

S/C/G: 169/ticker/healthy

Height: 5'3" ish?

Thought I'd jump in with a quickie. I don't have a lot of time to post. More time to read though and want to say thanks. You all are really helping this newbie out.

I've been doing well and sticking to my plan. So far, I haven't gone over 1400 hundred calories in one day and have been exercising every day and logging into dailyplate.com religiously. I am in the "thrilled to be doing the damn thing phase," so I might as well take advantage of it, no?

I ate at Applebees tonight and just had a Veggie Patch Pizza and a glass of wine so score one for me and zero for the restaurant. I could have smacked the waitress when she brought a sundae to my table. Ooops! heehee. Wrong table I had a nice name under my breath for her.

Jana I just bought a digital scale at KMart that was only 16.99 and gives a BMI reading as well. It's put out by Weight Watchers and made by Conair and has been very accurate since I have been using it ~2 weeks.

Peace, Love and All that Jazz.
ollie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:20 AM   #18  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

HI all... just wanted to check in! I am actually on my way to work... it's a crazy week, but I'm doing well with diet and exercise.... for once! Usually, when craziness occurs diet and exercise takes a back seat!

Have a great end of the week!!! Maybe I can post more later
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:29 AM   #19  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Down to 189 this morning.

Still doing veggies and fruit but I added eggs and cheese for protein.

Thanx for the info on the scale, we have a KMart here and I'm going to check it out today.

I Hope all you ladies have a wonderful day.
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:43 AM   #20  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I was down to 117.0 this morning!

Granted I know it will go up, since I felt sick last night and didn't have any dinner so that's where the sudden loss came from. But it's still nice to see.

Although maybe it'll stay down there simply because I really need to go food shopping and won't be able to get to it until Friday afternoon.

And I'm really happy to see the food planning thread back. Helps me a ton on days when I don't have classes.

Last edited by SavingServo; 09-20-2007 at 09:44 AM.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I agree that this week has been really stressful. I'm finding it so hard to balance everything I need to do for school with exercising and attempting to have a social life (I don't even want to go into the fact that the guy I've been hanging out with lately is attempting to make me feel bad about being crazy busy this week and probable not going to be hanging out with him). I don't know how this is going to play out over the next few weeks. I just feel like I have so much to do and not enough time. Hopefully I get a lot of done this weekend so things will get better. Sorry to have a huge vent. On a good note my eating has been under control over most of this week. I've been staying on plan and planning which are two big pluses. The scale said 180 this morning, homefully I'll drop down even more before Saturday my weight in day.

On a plus note what is getting me thought all of this stress is that I booked tickets to go to Vegas in October. My cousin is getting married there and it happens to fall over my brithday. So I want to be ahead by then and that is my light at the end of the tunnel.

Well I'm off to school. Have a great day everyone!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #22  

Height: 5'9"

Caseygail - Yin Yoga is a slower version of yoga. It's more about working your joints and your depper muscle tissues. You get into a stretching pose and you hold it 2 - 3 minutes. Uuuuuugh! Some of the poses were too hard and so we only held them about 30 seconds and moved on to the next thing. It felt good, though, once we were done.

I'm sure it's not the greatest for weight loss, but it was nice to stretch my muscles and improve my flexibility. With improved flexibility I should get more results in my Pilates classes.
Amberelise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:02 AM   #23  

Jusj and Servo - congrats on the losses! keep em coming ladies!
Old 09-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello Ladies!

I'm sorry to hear that everyone is having such a stressful week.. mine has been pretty stressful as well, I had a huge Neuro test yesterday at it was all essay and listing. It was really hard. I feel like I can actually breath today. I've actually stayed on plan and kept the exercise going. I'm so glad I got back on track with my exercise. It feels great. Before, I started I could've never imagined actually looking forward to working out, but I do now. Crazy, I know.
My boyfriend and I are going to a Hogs game this weekend. I'm really looking forward to getting out of town and spending some alone time with my bf, I'm just nervous about the food options. Hopefully it won't be too hard, he is on Atkins, so I won't be tempted by fried appetizers and such. I'm hoping to stay on plan. There will be lots of walking at the game, and I'm going to take my pilates dvd with me. I've had such a great week, and I am not going to sabotage it this weekend.
The scale said 159 this morning, I was so excited to see it out of the 160's, it feels like I have been stuck there forever. Hopefully it will be even lower by Monday, my official weigh in day.
Ollie: we don't have a Kmart here, but I'm about to go to Walmart right now and check to see if they have that scale, I've been wanting a digital. Great job with staying on plan, keep it up girl!
Amber: Thanks for the info on the yinyoga, I might have to check it out, sounds like a good morning work out, maybe what I need to get my day going.
jusj and servo: congrats on your losses!
Remember: I hope your week gets better, don't forget to slow down and take some time for yourself every now and then!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 PM   #25  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I have had a horrible week at work to say the least, but a pretty good week weight loss wise. I met with my trainer for my one month with her weigh in. She had set my goal at losing 10 pounds this past month, I hit 12. I had lost 4 inches and 3% body fat. I did 9 months on my own and part of me wishes I would have started with her to know what the total inches lost would be. She set my goal for 10 this month too, and that makes me really nervous. However, I am beginning to fit into a 14, can't wear it in public yet, but maybe soon. You know what my biggest fear is, never feeling like I am thin or pretty enough. Even as I loose the weight and can see that change others tell me how good I look, but I still don't see what they see. What if I never do? Does that scare anyone else?
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #26  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

So, I'm taking a NEVER done before day off from exercising. I have a quiz tomorrow I thought my Prof. would cancel b/c she canceled class this week, but NOT tomorrow's b/c she's still giving the quiz. So I have to study! I know this shouldn't be a big deal, I work out 6 days a week, never taken a day off since I started. I know this doesn't mean THE END, but why do I feel so guilty?
OptimistK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:35 PM   #27  

Kim - dont worry - you cant get back on the horse (bike? whatever!) tomorrow. one day does not a habit make. i think you will keep going with your exercizing! gl!
Old 09-20-2007, 11:45 PM   #28  
doinTHEbestIcan

Height: 5'4"

Had a wonderful eating day!!!

100% on plan!!!

Will see what the scale says in the morning!
mrsgeb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 01:53 AM   #29  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

ugh this weekend family expects to do a birthday cookout since my mother in law, mine and my hubby's bdays are over the span of the next week and they want steaks and frankly i dont want a part of it. i dont even feel like celebrating my bday this year i just want to stay in bed that day. if i were back home it would prolly be another story as i'd make plans with a girlfriend to go dancing at a bar.
i did do something for myself today tho i got my hair cut and some more beads to make jewelry with
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 05:16 AM   #30  
It's on like donkey kong!

S/C/G: 199/160/135

Height: about 5'5"

Hey Ladies!

Since the weekend seems to be a common weight loss obstacle, here's an article that might help put us in the right mindset: http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/ar...0465&GT1=10412

I'm not sure if the link will stay, but it's in the health section of msn... an article on ways to keep on track over the weekend.

I hope to stick to my guns! I did well last weekend, so I figure I can do it again! I only had one little blip on the scale and I didn't panic because for once I am doing everything right w/ no cheating! And the scales back to declining! I have now lost 5 lbs toward my Halloween goal... then I get my chunky high lights!!! (I already made the appointment for that week)

Have a wonderful weekend.
hope2loseit4good is offline   Reply With Quote