Old 08-30-2007, 07:35 PM   #31  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I'll admit it does feel good to be at the halfway point. However, it took so much to get to this point that looking at the last half, which I am assuming will come off even slower, makes me tired. I just decided today that I will go to my high school reunion in a couple of weeks. Very nervous I must say. I hope it will be fun.
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:52 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

First I want to say wow what a busy week.

Brittany Ė I agree with you that starting school again has made me exhausted but I think it is easier to diet when Iím at school.

Bikini Dreader Ė Welcome back to the site.

Eastcoastgirl Ė yeah we donít get anytime off for callbacks. So Iím hoping that I can schedule my callbacks around my class and work schedule. It sounds like you made fairly good choices with having to eat out. I hope all of your interviews go wonderful

Kristy Ė Um here are few of the big things I follow. I donít drink my calories, I try and eat very little sugar (except fresh fruit), I avoid fried food, I count my calories and try and keep them from 1200 Ė 1400 calories per day. I track all of my food on fitday. Um that is about it. And thank you for the complement.

Alliesmom Ė good job on hitting 70 pounds, that is a huge mark. Youíll eventually get there just keep up all the hard work. But yes I understand the frustration and feeling that you donít know if you will ever get there. It takes so long.

Denice81 Ė Welcome back

Marianne Ė Itís probable water weight, I hope you day gets less crazy.

Amber Ė how was your husbands birthday?

I am so happy my school week is over, getting back to having classes is killing me. Iím going to try and get all of my homework done for next done this weekend. Iím also going to go see my parents for the holiday weekend, (12 hour car drive) but I think it is going to be the last time I get to go see them until Christmas, so eatingwise it probable wont be so good.

The classmate that I mentioned that told me I was really tan earlier in the week came up to me and said how radiant I look, how I look really health, and how I seem like I have more self-confident then last year. Other Iíve received a lot of compliments from other people I go to school with that didnít see me all summer.

I have a wedding to go to in 2 weeks (and I have a date), I bought a dress for it maybe 3 weeks ago, itís a little black dress that I was nervous about. My sisters told me it looked wonderful but I wasnít sure. I tried it on today and showed my roommate and she seemed genuinely shocked on how nice it looked on me. Not that she doesnít think Iím pretty or look nice but it shows my figure and really accentuates my weight loss (she knew me when I was at my heaviest) so I think she was surprised on how small I am. You canít always tell from what I wear.

Well I should get back to homework.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 03:25 AM   #33  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i'm here, i'm actually feeling great these days and my husband is loving it lol. i feel like i have more energy some days and i've noticed since i've lost weight and am finally done with all my medical crap things have improved elsewhere(wink wink)
plus this week hubby and i have our 6th anniv and i am hoping that we actually get to celebrate it, i want to get a bottle of wine to toast since the last 3 years we didnt really get to celebrate and once thats over i get to wait and see if my family will even try to contact me on my birthday a few weeks later. sept is our busy month and the worst part is theres 3 birthdays in 1 week and all three of us live in the same house. i think this year i'm going anti cake for mine lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 10:21 AM   #34  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Ugh, I never have time for the boards anymore! I'm super frustrated right now. Yesterday I saw a couple pics from my boyfriends b-day party 2 weeks ago and realized I look exactly the same as when I started, so that's frustrating! I also am having trouble getting an accurate, consistent reading from my scale, so who knows what I actually weigh? I've been staying within my alloted calories, but I think I'll make some changes to WHAT I'm eating, and see if that helps.
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:11 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

TxBrittany, changing what you eat could very possibly help. I thought I was eating right, but I still wasn't losing any weight despite exercising every day, but once I joined weightwatchers I was actually horrified to learn how bad the things I was eating constantly really were, and once I realized that I started dropping the pounds. I'm not saying to join weightwatchers, but just reassessing what you eat could make a difference. Plus even if your scale says that you've lost 15 pounds one minute and 12 pounds the next, it is still a loss and you are still doing healthy things for yourself. I just try to think of how much better I'm feeling.
Fooled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 11:47 AM   #36  
alliesmom00

S/C/G: 305/see ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

I had a happy moment yesterday. I had a me day and cut off a lot of my hair and got a super cute bob cut. I went and got my make up done at Belk. I went shopping and bought a great dress. The best news is a bought a size 14 skirt and it fit!!! I started my journey in a tight 24. Then went to old navy and bought 2 medium shirts and they fit. Granted the cut was a little big, but the tag says medium. I think I want to leave the tag on the shirt. I use to hate shopping but slowly I am enjoying it. Too bad my bank account doen't feel the same way. It was a great day. Well off to the gym, even though I am fighting a cold. Have a good holiday weekend everyone. If you want to see my picture go to my mysapce page... http://www.myspace.com/tracie7997
alliesmom00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:25 PM   #37  
Sleek and Fit. Finally.

S/C/G: 159/139.4/135

Height: 5'5"

Hi, I hope you don't mind if I just jump in here. I'm sorta new here, but not really.

I used to frequent the boards everyday before the summer began. And then when the summer started I just didn't get anything done really. I do believe my weight loss has staled (and gone up a bit!) but I don't know the true extent of the damage yet. Next weekend I'll be taking all of my official weigh-ins and measurements...

But anyway I just thought I'd come and introduce myself. I'm not quite 20 (october 23!) but I'm currently a university student at UVic. I'm in the process of getting into a dietetics program and switching to UBC.

So hello everyone.

Alliesmom, you are so cute (I checked your photo) and congrats on the amazing loss so far!

TxBrittany, 14lbs? Wow! There must be a difference in how you look. And I definitely agree with fooled, switching it up can make a difference.
Cats tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:54 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 246/205/137

Height: 5' 6"

It's all a bit roller-coastery, isn't it? I mean, a lot of the time I'm so happy that I'm doing well and that I'm actually doing something and I know that I'm going to get to my ideal weight sooner or later, and I'm a lot closer to being there than I was five months ago, and I'm poking at all the new muscle I'm getting and all excited that I'm starting to feel bones poking out a bit. And then the next minute I'm second guessing everything I put into my mouth and feeling guilty over it because if I didn't eat that not 100% healthy thing that I ate, I'd be that much more closer to my body's ideal body weight. And then I feel like I'm obsessing and redeveloping my issues with food, which I obviously do not want. And so I'm feeling guilty about feeling guilty!

A lot of it was because on my last weigh in I was pmsing, so when I went up a pound, most of which was due to circumstances beyond my control (i.e., the pmsing, being weighed at 7 at night instead of in the morning before I eat anything) it just made me angry and affected me more than the 2 pound gain I had last month, which was my fault. Objectively I know I'm doing very well this week and once I internalize that/my ToM is over/go to my weight watchers meeting I'll be better, but as for now I just needed to vent and realize that there is no reason to feel guilty over eating a Fiber One bar. I just need to acknowledge that if I didn't have food issues I wouldn't be here in the first place, so I just need to acknowledge the feelings and send them on their merry way.

Thanks for the venting space.
Fooled is offline   Reply With Quote