3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Sickey Ickey! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/120984-sickey-ickey.html)

usmcwifeand4kids 08-22-2007 02:05 PM

Sickey Ickey!

This sucks, I got the stomach flu, No gym or aerobics for 3 days now and Ive been a steady every day gym rat for the past few months now. The good news is I swear I have dropped 3 pounds in the past couple days. Im scared Ill just gain it right back, does anybody know anything I can do? Somebody help!:mad:

mandalinn82 08-22-2007 02:09 PM

Can we just complain together?

First off, you're not going to gain it all back in the time it takes to recover from the stomach flu. Second, having stomach flu, its really hard to gain weight, lol - you can't eat!

I'm having knee surgery sometime in the next month, and am also cardio-free at the moment...sucks. I feel your pain, but focus on getting well, and you'll be working out again in no time.

usmcwifeand4kids 08-22-2007 05:54 PM

Thanks For The Encouragment, It Helps To Know Your Not The Only One Trying To Juggle Several Thinga, And Talk At The Same Time...lol...well Im Gonna Go Back To Bed And Sleep While I Actually Can, Thanks Again....

Vanessa M. 08-24-2007 12:00 AM

This is kinda funny! I had the flu several months ago and totally saw the silver lining. I couldn't keep anything down, I couldn't eat. I lost loke 5 pounds in a week, lol!
Directly after that I was "blessed" with a horrible toothache. It was like free pounds gone. I'd still rather be healthy though :) but it was nice to slide through a few.

blondebritbrat17 08-24-2007 03:40 AM

Sorry you are feeling so yucky... But it's funny that you're seeing the possible "silver lining" of being sick which means you get to lose a few pounds. You might gain it back and you might not. Just stay on plan when you can get back to eating and keeping stuff down. I lost my first 14 pounds by being super sick for 2 months and hospitalized three times. I never did gain it back due to the fact when I finally got home and was able to be on my feet, I made quite a bit of changes in my cooking since I had been sick with stomach issues and I just couldn't tolerate my cooking methods anymore and just got stuck at 200 instead for 2 1/2 years. But here's some well wishes to you feeling better being sent your way!

RememberHowToSmile 08-24-2007 10:51 AM

I'm sorry you are sick. That is the absoult worst. I know several people who have the flu right now and they all feel terrible. Try and rest, watch some "guilty pleasure movies or tv" (you know the ones I'm talking about that you are embarressed to tell other people you watch). Then just jump back into everything when you feel better.

usmcwifeand4kids 08-28-2007 03:23 AM

Guess what all after being in the hospital for over a week, I actually did not have the flu, I had pancreitis.LOL. No really they would not let me even drink water for 5 days. I can barely eat anything. Does anyone know anything about this disease. My doc said ill probably deal with it for the rest of my life, it was caused by a medication called Gemfibrizil(lipitor), I was taken for my triglycerides. Hey but I actually lost 10 lbs. (lol)But it was total torture!