3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Fed up! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/120681-fed-up.html)

Kery 08-18-2007 04:34 AM

Fed up!

OK, that's set, I'm now officially fed up with sweets and chocolate and sugary things. :D I suppose that this 'fate' had been looming above me for some time yet, but it had yet to come to a conclusion someday, and currently is probably the time.

So, basically, while I had taken a big break from weight loss this week because I had the perfect excuse of "it's my birthday and I have several parties already planned" (I know, that's lame, but I know I'm not so strong yet to resist ALL the cake and pastries laid in front of me...), all that off-the-way eating has confirmed me that my body really can't take what it used to be able to take any more.

Now please just wish me luck, commitment, willpower or whatever is needed in that case to go back on track, like, today, right now, without even wondering about it (at least I've started, but, heh, you never know). Because knowing myself as I do, I am still quite able to make myself sick this week-end before doing just that. :dizzy:

And it's good to realize I'm not the chocoholic I thought to be, or not anymore. Yuck. All that cake. Yuck!

blondebritbrat17 08-18-2007 07:32 AM

Good Luck! I've got quite a bit of birthdays coming up and I know what you mean!

WinterStarzz 08-18-2007 11:21 AM

:dust:

junebug41 08-18-2007 11:53 AM

Well good luck! You are strong and can DO THIS!!! :carrot:

Kery 08-19-2007 01:31 AM

Thank you! :)

In the end, yesterday went well in that regard. Now I need to focus on today. Looks less impressive when it's one day at a time, hehe.

(I've taken this as an opportunity to try a new recipe, and made some raïta. Cucumber for the win! :D)

Vanessa M. 08-19-2007 03:15 AM

You are a CHAMP to swear off pastries of any sort in France. I would kill for brioche right about now. Good luck :)

wisher 08-19-2007 12:04 PM

I have also realized my body can't take what it used to...but for me it's greasy foods instead of sweets. Last week we went out to eat at a Bar and Grill, I got a bacon cheeseburger (it was HUGE!) with seasoned fries. I'm not used to all that fat and grease and I got a stomach ache and diarrhea, yuck! Maybe remembering that feeling will help me keep from doing it again soon!

Good Luck on handling all those sweets!!

modkittn 08-19-2007 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisher (Post 1821166)
I have also realized my body can't take what it used to...but for me it's greasy foods instead of sweets. Last week we went out to eat at a Bar and Grill, I got a bacon cheeseburger (it was HUGE!) with seasoned fries. I'm not used to all that fat and grease and I got a stomach ache and diarrhea, yuck! Maybe remembering that feeling will help me keep from doing it again soon!

Thats happened to me before too. I can't even look at a hamburger from a fast food place or restaurant without thinking about it! I always try to order healthy things, and try to look up nutritional information about the restaurant before I go out.

Kery 08-19-2007 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wisher (Post 1821166)

Great minds are really thinking alike today, we're discussing that matter in the Maintainers forum as well, because it seems it's really not an exceptional phenomenon!

Let's not dive into the details of what McDonald's food does to me nowadays. Well, at least it's one more incentive to not go there (living barely 5 minutes on foot from one sure doesn't help when the cravings hit). I hope for you people that McDo's healthy options in the USA are at least better than here, because I absolutely refuse to pay 6 euros for a crappy salad that will make me sick just as well.

Kery 08-19-2007 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa M. (Post 1820891)
You are a CHAMP to swear off pastries of any sort in France. I would kill for brioche right about now. Good luck :)

Thanks. :) To be honest, most pastries I don't really find terrific at all. Maybe it's because I'm too used to them, or because most of what's sold in bakeries is processed stuff (not made by the baker him/herself, that is), so it's hard to find something that is really worth going off-plan. Though I'd like to make brioche myself at times, I admit. My mother has a machine at home to bake breads, and that is a torture, because they really taste good.

On the other hand, nobody nor anything will ever make me give up my bretzels. What do you want, Alsace runs in my blood. ;) (At least this I can digest, it's nothing sugary.)