Old 07-23-2007, 01:31 PM   #1  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

Question when did you see results?

How long after you started your weight loss plan did it take to see the results? I started two weeks ago (which I know, isn't long) and have dropped a few pounds, but not really seeing any results in the mirror other than better posture. I am sticking to my calories each day, and going to the gym five mornings a week and every other afternoon, so I'm feeling a little discouraged that I can't see any difference. I know it's only been two weeks, and I love the fact that I feel SO much better! But just wondering how long it took for you guys to actually SEE the results of your hard work?
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

Um I'm not sure. I've lost pounds and gone down clothes sizes - but can I see the results? no - but I guess thats a mental thing.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:49 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Hmmm...almost five months into this, almost 30 pounds down, and I still don't see it LOL. Get ready to stick it out honey, it's a LONG ride
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 01:51 PM   #4  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

Honestly, I didn't start seeing results in the mirror until I'd dropped about 25 pounds or so--and it hit me really suddenly. I lost most of the weight in my upper body first--and I think I was so focused on losing the gut/hips that I completely missed the transformation going on in my torso.

I also had a hard time seeing much of a difference all along, though...probably a mental thing. My boyfriend has said from about 10lbs lost onward that he can notice a significant difference, and he's more objective than I am...and I get reactions from people about my weight lost if they haven't seen me in awhile, so I know I'm changing physically.

Don't get discouraged if you don't see results immediately in the mirror--you're making changes. If you're the type of person who just can't see the tiny differences that happen slowly over time (like I am), you may be changing but it may not hit you until you've lost a significant amount. It took me almost 25 pounds before I even dropped a pant size, so I felt I wasn't making strides. Now, my pants are getting looser on a weekly basis...my body just wanted to rid of the upper-body fat first, I guess.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:12 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

I've lost 28 pounds since May 30th, but I don't feel any smaller, and the weight loss has made me more cognizant of what I still need to lose. My mom just came to visit and when I picked her up at the airport, she said she could tell. I think the incremental changes are harder to see. I have been going down on the scale and my pants fit loser, so I know I'm losing, even if I can't feel it.
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:33 PM   #6  

I think when I hit the two size mark - That is when I really started to see it. Now, I need to re-focus, I want that revelation again!
KM
KiDaisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:45 PM   #7  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Haha, thanks guys, you've made me feel SO much better! LOL! Just kidding, it is nice to know that I'm not the only one who can't notice the changes. At least I know that I'm treating my body well now and living a healthier lifestyle. I guess I'll just keep on keeping on and see what happens!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 02:59 PM   #8  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

I started feeling results after about 2 weeks and seeing minor results in about 4 weeks, or about 10-15 pounds or so.

Now that I'm down almost 30 pounds (9 weeks), I'm starting to see some major changes, and I'm hoping it will continue the closer I get to my goal weight.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:33 PM   #9  

Height: 5'2"

I've lost 26 pounds so far and I can see a small difference in my face and tummy (the 2 places I lose weight form first). I've also dropped in clothes sizes. I'm also not really getting any comments on my weight loss from others yet. I don't see a dramatic difference though. You just gotta hang in there!!
Jpye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:39 PM   #10  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

12lbs and almost 9 weeks in and I see no difference at all.
My jeans and tops are all a teensy bit looser, so although I cannot see it, something IS happening!!
I'm very impatient but weight loss has taught me patience lol
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 04:47 PM   #11  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I didn't start to notice until I went down about 15 lbs. and the first place I noticed was in my face.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 05:17 PM   #12  
I shall be released...

Height: 5'8"

I have trouble seeing changes in myself. Family comments that they can see it, but I'm just blind to it. Clothes started feeling better around the 20 pound mark. Now, shirts are a bit looser, but I haven't tried on any other sizes. As far as jeans, I have gone from 26 to 22... So I know there's a change there I just can't see it.
JustSharing83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:08 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I could start seeing small changes in myself after about 20 pounds, but other people didn't really start noticing until I lost 40 pounds (but I was starting at a much higher weight then you.) So don't get discouraged it just takes time.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 06:47 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/175

Height: 5'8

10lbs down, and I don't really notice. Friends have noticed though, so I'm doing something right!
practiceliving is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 10:03 PM   #15  

I'm down about 15 or so and I don't see it. I'm wearing smaller sizes (all different depending on the brand) so I know something is happening.

hang in there!
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote