3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Facebook (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/118981-facebook.html)

Kery 07-28-2007 01:14 AM

That's what I was wondering about. I reported it as well yesterday, I hope it helps.

starzzy 07-28-2007 12:55 PM

The last time I heard...our culture did not praise obesity! I think that it is the exact opposite.

Thanks for reporting that!

Dawn2Dusk 07-28-2007 01:04 PM

I just reported, too :) Way to go, Jill!

maalisse 07-28-2007 06:55 PM

They didn't even get the punctuation right in the title. What dumb***es.

*reported!*

Dawn2Dusk 07-28-2007 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maalisse (Post 1794062)

*reported!*

Should have been reported for poor grammar then :D

maalisse 07-28-2007 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawn2Dusk (Post 1794065)
Should have been reported for poor grammar then :D

Maybe I'll report it a second time! ;)

Grammar police...eee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo!

mnms24 07-29-2007 12:03 AM

I've reported it too...that was just very ignorant rant for no apparent reason.

jillybean720 07-29-2007 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maalisse (Post 1794062)

*reported!*

ha, yes, they are obviously geniuses...look at how they spelled "voluptuous." The whole thing offends me not only as a fat chick, but also as a technical editor by profession :p

just_a_dreamy1 07-29-2007 11:37 AM

Flutterby,

As soon as I read your post, I went to Facebook and reported the group. I'm glad to see that so many of you have also reported it!

Just in case anyone needs an idea of how to get started, here is my letter:

I feel that this group discriminates against people based on their weight, and that it is inappropriate for Facebook based on the following terms of use:

"...you agree not to use the Service or the Site to:

upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available any content that we deem to be harmful, threatening, unlawful, defamatory, infringing, abusive, inflammatory, harassing, vulgar, obscene, fraudulent, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;

upload, post, transmit, share, store or otherwise make available content that, in the sole judgment of Company, is objectionable or which restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Site, or which may expose Company or its users to any harm or liability of any type."

I trust that you will deal with this group appropriately.

veggielover 07-29-2007 01:40 PM

Thanks Jill for the iniative action.

You know, I would probably want to assume that the majority of these "group members" are predominantly male. I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a bunch of frat boys.

veggielover 07-29-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720 (Post 1794350)
ha, yes, they are obviously geniuses...look at how they spelled "voluptuous." The whole thing offends me not only as a fat chick, but also as a technical editor by profession :p

oh no... does this now mean that I have to check my spelling on this forum ? :o:D

SavingServo 07-29-2007 11:09 PM

The movie set I was just working on there called for snuff films (fake of course) and one of them was supposed to be labled "voluptuous" but who ever did it instead spelled it volumptuous. :o

SavingServo 07-29-2007 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by veggielover (Post 1794657)
You know, I would probably want to assume that the majority of these "group members" are predominantly male. I wouldn't be surprised if it were just a bunch of frat boys.

Well there are only 10 of them which is nice to note.

glitterlicious 07-29-2007 11:32 PM

Reported.

Wow. The people who wrote that must have a lot of hate and anger inside.

Flutterby873 07-30-2007 10:48 AM

I'm glad we could all get together to at least let them know that this is not acceptable. Hopefully facebook can do something about it.