3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Revelation. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/118846-revelation.html)

Ohhkay8 07-25-2007 10:15 PM

Revelation.

I just realized today how completely disgusted I am with myself. I was taking a Before picture to have for comparison, and for the first time I really saw myself. I've always felt smaller than I actually am I guess- I never realized how out of control my weight has gotten. I have to be more than 200 lbs at this point, I just don't have a scale to get an exact number. But I am quite literally sick to my stomach right now because I have no idea how I let myself get to this point. I'm so scared that I'm going to fail and that I'm going to have the motivation and willpower I need... I'm afraid it's just going to keep getting worse until it's too late.

sockmonkey70 07-25-2007 10:50 PM

I remember that "Oh :censored:" moment...I hated my body, I was terribly unhappy. The pictures from my 21st birthday made me want to puke..I am in the prime of my life, and I look like a fat pig. I had tried many times to start "dieting", but two weeks in and I was binging on chocolates and Mcdonalds again. I honestly attribute all my weightloss so far to 3FC. I finally found a place FULL of people with the same feelings, struggles, and triumphs as I was going through..Stick around here and I think you'll be just fine! We are here for you :hug:

Ohhkay8 07-26-2007 08:33 AM

Thanks Mary! I think it was just the wake-up call I needed. Everything I've tried so far has failed, but there are so many success stories here that it'll be hard to give up. (:

Jadeybaby 07-26-2007 08:41 AM

I remember that moment...a moment I've had many times!
But this time, it was different and I decided "I AM going to do this"
and so far, I'm doing OK.
I am sure you will not fail, just try your best, that's all you can do!

jillybean720 07-26-2007 08:45 AM

A few things...

#1--it is NEVER too late! I've witnessed people lose weight starting at over 600 pounds. I've seen people lose weight in their 70s. There is no such thing as "too late," so don't ever think things are completely hopeless!

#2--feel PROUD that you are focusing on this now! I'm 313 pounds and 25 years old--talk about out of control! Work on it now while you're closer to 200 pounds rather than having another 100 pounds to lose.

#3--don't think about failing right now. Everyone has a fear of failure, but the more you focus on success rather than failure, the more you WILL succeed! I feel like a cheesy motivational speaker or something, but it's true. If you feel like you are destined to fail, then you will. Work on having a more positive outlook. A little fear is okay, as long as it's not your overriding concern.

You can definitely do this. You say everything you've tried so far has failed--what have you tried? And what have you learned in the process? Ask lots of questions if you need to--there are LOTS of people here to help!

hotnewspirits 07-26-2007 11:22 AM

Don't be discouraged! Just keep chugging along on your plan and you'll make it!

As Jillybean said, be thankful that you are at a point to start making changes now then if you allowed yourself to continue to stay in denial and gained more weight.

When I discovered my weight when I was at my highest I nearly fainted! I hadn't weighed myself in ages and I was going in for surjury and they needed to weigh me and I was shocked! It's normal to feel bad about yourself but you should use that as motivation to get started rather than be ashamed of it.

I used to feel ashamed of how much I had to lose and never told anyone my weight or how I was trying to change my diet, but now I tell everyone. Now all my friends, my boyfriend, my room mate know I'm making changes and it's easier because I have their support and praise.

TxBrittany 07-26-2007 11:25 AM

Kayla-

Be happy you found 3FC! I really do think it's the reason I'm still watching my calories and going to the gym, even though it's only been 3 weeks! It's the reason I switched from the "diet" I was on to counting calories and putting healthy foods in my body, and I log on every day to get the motivation I need to keep going! Good luck!

Jessie_777 07-26-2007 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jillybean720 (Post 1790718)
A few things...

#1--it is NEVER too late! I've witnessed people lose weight starting at over 600 pounds. I've seen people lose weight in their 70s. There is no such thing as "too late," so don't ever think things are completely hopeless!

#2--feel PROUD that you are focusing on this now! I'm 313 pounds and 25 years old--talk about out of control! Work on it now while you're closer to 200 pounds rather than having another 100 pounds to lose.

#3--don't think about failing right now. Everyone has a fear of failure, but the more you focus on success rather than failure, the more you WILL succeed! I feel like a cheesy motivational speaker or something, but it's true. If you feel like you are destined to fail, then you will. Work on having a more positive outlook. A little fear is okay, as long as it's not your overriding concern.

You can definitely do this. You say everything you've tried so far has failed--what have you tried? And what have you learned in the process? Ask lots of questions if you need to--there are LOTS of people here to help!

Great advice :D

Eves 07-26-2007 04:49 PM

Take that fear you have and take control right now. NOW.

Tell your friends you can`t come over, turn off the TV, turn off the cell phone and take a couple of hours to take control of your eating/exercising habits. Think about what you like to do and to eat, think about what activities you like, and change it up so that you can eat less and move more.

You CAN lose weight. Make this "Oh ()/&% moment" your last one!

Ohhkay8 07-26-2007 04:55 PM

Thanks everyone! I really want to take this and run with it. I'm ready. I'm just really glad I found this place because it shows me that real people are out there having real success.

Ohhkay8 07-27-2007 01:14 PM

Just thought I would post the dreaded picture. I'm moving out of this house and off this very computer in 3 weeks to my first apartment :D so I need to post it now before I lose it (my sister will definitely delete my account and all my folders to make more room for her stuff). I haven't gotten my new laptop yet, so I'm going to post it here to have somewhere to find it and also as sort of a motivation thing- hopefully by sharing it I'll want to improve even more and never take a similar picture again!

http://i18.tinypic.com/5xq0wh1.jpg

RememberHowToSmile 07-27-2007 01:28 PM

Welcome to the forum! I have to agree with everyone that at least you had your oh :censored: moment at where you are at right now. You actually don't look that big in your picture. I'm sure you will do great. What type of plan are you following?

Ohhkay8 07-27-2007 02:59 PM

I am counting calories (sticking to 1400-1700 a day) as well as getting in cardio everyday. I'm also watching my other nutrient values and setting goals on FitDay. I'm just starting to work out some kind of exercise plan so nothing is really set in stone yet. Here at home I don't have any workout equipment except for the treadmill at my aunt's house where I babysit, but when I get back to school in 3 weeks I'll have a whole rec to use!

2Fat4myJeans 07-27-2007 05:12 PM

I know how you feel. My first "oh #$"%&*" moment came when I looked at my wedding photos and became terribly sad, so sad that I felt like my wedding pictures were ruined by how fat I was. But you will get there, and so will I! :carrot:

Vanessa M. 07-29-2007 07:02 PM

It's a good thing that you had that moment really! I had mine too.... It was pretty ugly. I saw pictures of myself (which there many of) at 245 pounds. I looked like I was choking on fat, it was so depressing.
I realized that I could either change it or accept being overweight for the rest of my life. I chose to change it and I still look at those nasty pictures occassionally and think about how much better I feel (not to mention look) than I did then.

I say use this epiphany to your advantage. Work with it and succeed! You can do it!

btw- You don't look big to me at all. I was WAY bigger!
And I like your shirt :)