Old 07-18-2007, 10:50 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 175/155/135

Default Bathing Suits

In a couple weeks I'm going to Costa Rica with some friends on vacation. I'm realllllly excited, but also kind of nervous because I know I'll have to be in a bathing suit a lot haha.

I want a new cute suit, but it's really hard to find tops that dont feel tooo revealing (I'm a 36D and most tops seem to leave me "hanging out there" lol). Anyone know a good place for bathing suit shopping? Especially brands/places that carry tops in bra sizes as opposed to S, M, & L?
ellakay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:25 PM   #2  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

That's a REALLY good question. I'm a 36 DD and I always seem to be disappointed with bathing suit selection. The one top I found to fit was a 2X sized top--but it had ties for the neck and back, so the cups fit, but I had to pull the straps pretty tight. Since losing weight (I was a 38 DDD then), I haven't been able to find a top that has a smaller band-size but still has a large cup--VERY frustrating!
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I got my bathing suit from Fashion bug. They had a good selection of tankinis and one piece suits that fit larger chest. I was very happy with my selection, and when I went to Florida last month I received a lot of complements about it.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 11:50 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

victoria's secret has some really cute suits with bra sizing... they're a bit pricey but are currently on sale, so more reasonable.
the only thing is, i don't think they carry them in stores, only online...
but here's a good link:
http://www2.victoriassecret.com/coll...ZZZ&rfnbr=1414
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:26 AM   #5  
kaw

S/C/G: 159-ish/145/140-ish

Height: 5' 8.75"

Another thought -- Land's End allows (or allowed, the last time I looked) you to buy tops separate from bottoms in bikinis and tankinis. This can be a boon if your two halves aren't, well, halves. Most of the Land's End suits are (or were!) modest but not matronly.

Kim
kaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM   #6  

You might want to check out Lord and Taylor if you have one near you- their website has some modern, yet modest suits in larger sizes, and they probably have a lot more of a selection in the actual store. I'm not sure what their sizing is like though, it probably just depends on the brand.
VelVeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 02:53 PM   #7  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

OOPS! I just posted a bathing suit thread without looking down at the rest of the forum and seeing that there already was one, sorry!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 09:21 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 203/183/121?

Height: 5' 4"

I asked the same thing in the shopping thread and was only referred to plus-size stores, which I don't need. All I have to offer is this:

http://www.poppiswim.com/
swiminky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 10:05 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

have you tried http://www.venus.com and http://www.newport-news.com?? These websites have really cute stuff but I can't order yet from them. I think you can though. But when ordering anything online be sure to measure carefully and check out the brand's measurement/sizing information. I learned that the hard way once.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote