Old 07-17-2007, 08:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 255/ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

I don't have a particular comment, but I'll list a particular person. I moved recently for work and am living with a friend of mine and his wife, both of whom have weight problems. Every now and then we'll be in the car together, or I'll be making dinner and he'll tell me that what I've accomplished is incredible. He's told me that he didn't really believe it was possible to loss so much weight in a healthy way before I moved in, and that he admires my self control.

But I think the best compliment I've gotten from him was when he was making dinner for himself and I saw him pause for a minute, and then ask me how many calories are in mustard - he was estimating his calories for the day, something he never would have considered doing before. He's also started exercising more. I take it as a huge pat on the back when someone I spend time with starts to model my behavior to make themselves healthier.
Katheryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:45 AM   #17  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

The first time I lost the weight, I was down to 150lbs. DH and I (we were not married at that point) went out to a nightclub that we hadn't been to in a while to see a friend's band play. A few people we hadn't seen in 6-8 months caught a glimpse of us. One of them walked up to DH and asked him who his new girlfriend was. He couldn't believe it when DH told him it was still me!
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:56 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 245/See the ticker/150

Height: 5'8

I think it's nice that we still have these moments even we dont feel like we look wonderful. I think my favorite thing is when one of my friends who i've known since high school....so he's seen me go up and down in weight, told me the other day that I've always been pretty, since the first time we meet and just how pretty I still am today. that was a blush worthy compliment if i've ever heard one.
kelsothered23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:12 PM   #19  
Low Carb Lolita

S/C/G: 185/see ticker/135

Height: 5'7"

This is my very first post on 3FC...but it was while I was reading this thread that I decided to sign up for an account and stop lurking. I am VERY close to my goal--I've lost 32 lbs so far--and it's been a long road.

It's been within the last few weeks that I've been feeling TRULY good about myself, about how I look and feel. I don't FEEL like a fat chick anymore and I feel confident about myself.

A few days ago, a long-time family friend said: "You just look so good!" and I said thank you, as I've had many compliments about my weight loss recently. But she said: "No, no...it's not just the weight loss--there's something DIFFERENT about you, like a glow. You just LOOK happy."

It was then that I realized that she was right and that because I feel so much better about myself now than I ever have, I'm projecting that feeling and others can see it, too. I think what she said was the most profound thing. This journey is about more than weight loss, fat cells and numbers on a scale--it's more than fitness--it's coming to terms with one's self and truly developing emotionally until one is at the place where they just feel HAPPY and GOOD to be themselves.
Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:05 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 253/214/127

Height: 5'1"

This is my first post as well

This is my second time going on a weight loss journey - the first time I lost 80lbs. My favorite comment from then came when I was at a seamstress getting a dress hemmed for the Marine Corps Ball. I came out of the dressing room wearing the dress, and there was a guy (a hot one at that!) at the register picking something up. He looked at me, and his jaw literally dropped. He said something along the lines of wow, you look beautiful. That still makes me smile
RoxyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:51 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 253/214/127

I thought of another one...this one came when I was at my heaviest in high school. I mentioned in the worst thing said thread that high school was miserable for me, I was constantly teased, etc. Anyway, I waited for my best friend outside of one of her classes every day, and there was a guy in her class that was one of the super popular/everyone loves him jocks. He walked out one day, looked at me and was like you have the most beautiful blue eyes. Not a line, just making a statement. Every day after that he called me blue eyes whenever he saw me. For someone that never heard anything nice from the majority of people I saw at school every day, that was a huge deal for me. Put me on cloud nine
RoxyMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #22  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

This happened last night when I was getting some ink done on my full sleeve. BTW, they are both girls!

Secretary at the shop: "Did you lose weight? You look so skinny!"
My tattoo artist: "Yeah she does doesn't she?"
Me: "Well TECHNICALLY I'm still overweight"
Both of them: "By whose standards?!"
Secretary: "Yeah you look hot! Forget about the standards!"
modkittn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 12:41 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
This is my very first post on 3FC...but it was while I was reading this thread that I decided to sign up for an account and stop lurking. I am VERY close to my goal--I've lost 32 lbs so far--and it's been a long road.
Good job on where you've come from so far and are so close. And good job on no longer lurking, it took me a long time to stop lurking but I was so happy when I signed up and became an active member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post

A few days ago, a long-time family friend said: "You just look so good!" and I said thank you, as I've had many compliments about my weight loss recently. But she said: "No, no...it's not just the weight loss--there's something DIFFERENT about you, like a glow. You just LOOK happy."
It's funny that you mentioned this because like a month ago I went out with my sisters and a bunch of their friends and my sisters keep making comments about how I was acting. They asked me if I had taken drugs, which they know I would never do, because they couldn't figure out why I had so much energy, why I was so talking, self-confident, flity, and just plan outgoing. Well I'm sure it's because I've lost so much weight that I'm back to my former self.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Well, today I heard possibly the best thing!

I went to Subway and got a 6" Oven Roasted Chicken sub with no cheese. The Subway guy asked me, "No cheese? Do you have bacon on this or something?" I said no. He said, "Wow... ok. I like mine with cheese or bacon. Are you sure this isn't bland?" I said, "Nope, it's not..." then I asked for pretty much every vegetable they had inside my sub, and sweet onion sauce. He said, "All those vegetables... you're really into taking care of yourself, aren't you?" I said, "Of course. I'm trying to lose weight." He said, "Why? You already have a hot bod. Look at those muscles!"

I walked out of there VERY happy!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:07 PM   #25  
NewComer

S/C/G: 160/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4"

I was at a girls night pot luck last week and talking to one of the girls about my weight loss plan, and when I told her how much weight I wanted to lose she sounded surprised and said, "But you have such a cute shape." That comment stuck with me, because not matter how much fat I take off my body my basic (pear) shape will stay the same. And it made me realize that I'm ok with that! I like having a bit of a booty to fill out my jeans and a little curve in my hips. So I'm looking forward to taking off the weight so I can REALLY see my shape again!
TxBrittany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #26  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I was at a family reunion a few weeks ago and as we were saying goodnight, my uncle's new wife said to me in her grand british accent, "You are just gorgeous. Really exquisite". Everything sounds more complimentary in a british accent, IMO.
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 08:27 PM   #27  
Bida Bida Bida

Height: 5'6''

haha - the brits are awesome

well - last night while playing beer pong and being reminded of my college days -and me being the only girl there - fun. Needless to say we were a little tipsy - but we were talking about playing another round - (bud light - i swear) and I was like no more beer for me (stomache was tooo full of beer) and one of the guys was like, well you can be what do they call the hot girls on the side - oh yeah - cheerleaders - (I was like hahaha, yeah I can be a cheerleader).

anyway - i thought that was fun - whatever his motivations may have been. (I did feel cute that day - and had a two minute crush on a guy I would never think of having a crush on - not my type

keep on feeling good!
bida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 93.6/92.5/85

Height: 5.4

Best thing said to me lately was from my husband of 23yrs.
He said "you have are skinny and have firmed up so much I almost feel like I am beening unfaithful."
Won't tell you what ime of the day it was.

But it made my whole month!!!!

And never asked him if it was just wishful thinking either.
MaryL
MaryL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 10:11 PM   #29  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

When my boyfriend came to visit me this weekend he told me how much more toned I looked.

And today on the set of the film I'm working for someone mentioned that I should see if I could fit through something because I was probably the closest to the size of the (very small) actress.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote