Old 07-18-2007, 09:15 PM   #76  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

I have a aunt who has been critical of my weight. Once she said to me, "what happened, you used to be skinny"? I've also have had my belly poked quite a few times.
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 12:32 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 220+/174.2/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fatchica02 View Post
OK I sear this is my last one.

Very resently I went to visit my Grandma and I took my daughter who is 2 now but was probably 1 1/2. Keep in mind that she is in no was a chubby little girl and was born weighing 6'9" which is the smallest in my family. But anyways my gandma picks her up and makes the comment that she is so heavy that if there was a fire she wouldnt be able to save her. I have never heard anything so rude im my life. I told her to never ever comment on my childs weight again because I know first hand how that feels.
My daughter is really tall and large for her age. She was 24-1/2 inches long and 11 lbs, 14 oz at birth and has always been really big for her age. She has never had sweets, other than angelfood cake on her birthday and I've never let her had candy or soda or anything like that of any kind (other than 100% fruit juice and milk at daycare, but she only drinks water at home), and when I go to see my pediatrician, she understands this and believes me, but on the occasions where she hasn't been there, my physician's exam always says, limit fried foods and soda, etc., on the report, like they don't believe me when I say that I don't give that garbage to my child. Then, I see all these skinny little kids eating cheetos and oreos and drinking soda. Genetics is a funny thing!
Anna829 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 01:29 AM   #78  
Bikini Season :)

i went out to the bar the other night and a drunk guy came up and told my friend erika she should keep the french fries out of my reach. "shes cute and all... theres just a lot of her."

i wanted to crawl under the table.
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #79  
I restore Teeth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Girl View Post
I feel sexier now than I did then, just because I've grown a sense of self-worth, so I'm confident. And trust me, men appreciate a woman's body. I get just as many cat calls and lustful glances now as I did then. My husband thinks I'm as sexy as ever.
I totally agree on the confidence thing. I have a girlfriend that's rather on the big side, but not obese. However, she is the biggest one of my girlfriends so she feels very socially unacceptable at times. She doesn't seem to grab any guy's attention because she hides in the corner, yet I see lots of larger women with wonderful handsome men that treat them well. I wish that she wouldn't hold back just because of her weight, but this is something she would eventually stop doing once she loses her weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diana the Hun View Post
the kids at school would call me fatso..
Once in summer school, my teacher read us a book called FATSO (I was 7 yars old), and it introduced us to the idea of weight. My best friend at the time knew her parents called her skinny all the time, and seeing that I wasn't as bone thin as she was, she decided to dub me "fatso". How fitting. Thanks to the title of a book.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna829 View Post
when I go to see my pediatrician, she understands this and believes me, but on the occasions where she hasn't been there, my physician's exam always says, limit fried foods and soda, etc., on the report, like they don't believe me when I say that I don't give that garbage to my child. Then, I see all these skinny little kids eating cheetos and oreos and drinking soda. Genetics is a funny thing!
Oh man, I would be frustrated in your position. It's almost impossible to prove to the doctors.
veggielover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 04:32 AM   #80  

S/C/G: 222/209.8/130

Height: 5'4

I've been lucky but I've had people hinting around the fact not wanting to ask me outright if I'm pregnant or not and I usually try to be tactful so they don't get embarassed. That was my breaking point. I'm so sorry to read all of these events that have happened to all of you and let's just say that there are people in this world with no class or tact.
blondebritbrat17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 12:30 PM   #81  
mom2cole

Well my breaking point was when I was shopping for a bridesmaid dress for my sister's wedding. We had found a dress we liked and as I was coming out of the dressing room my sister and the maid of honor were trying to special order me an XL. I was completely embarassed, I told them I wanted to take the large. I did lose 20lbs for the wedding and the large turned out too big for me. Unfortunately I was ditched from the wedding and never got to where the dress! Still pissed about it! (But I am five pounds from being smaller than the bride, my sister!)
mom2cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:12 AM   #82  

S/C/G: 198/165/143

Height: 5"8.5

Once my family and I were having lunch at a nice restaurant, and as our meals were placed in front of us my brother commented "wow, these are big servings!". The waiter (no stringbean himself) proceeded to pat my brother on the stomach (!!!) and said "I'm sure you won't have any trouble".. How's that for service!!!
Diana the Hun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 01:06 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 375/360/200

Height: 6'

Reading these has made me teary eyed. I logged back in today after being gone from the internet for awhile. I have moved and needed to get re-established. Well I found this thread and I intend to book mark it. I have had one of the worst two weeks of my life. In the past two weeks my grandmother has told me
a) I will never find a man looking like this, b) if only I were skinny I would be pretty, c) I should stay home instead of going on our planned trip to Silver Dollar City because I'm too fat to ride the rides.

Not only has she made these comments, my cousin (mom and dad offically adopted her when she was 10, she was a size 4, now she's a 12 herself) has commented to my friend that a) as fat as I am I need to drop my standards on who to date, b) I'm not allowed to babysit my neices because they might get fat like me, c) my fat a** is never going to find a man to love it.

Oh and my friend has been put on an Topomax which apparently causes weight loss and she comments on it all the time!! She started smoking again and has lost weight, but I would rather be overweight but healthy rather than smoking and drugs.

Seriously folks, this is what my FAMILY is saying. I'm lucky enough to have wonderful supportive friends who believe in me. My mother is usually good, but she reminds me that "if you lost a little weight you would be so pretty."

Thank God for friends and this site.

Last edited by jennilynn; 07-22-2007 at 01:27 PM. Reason: Spelling Error
jennilynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 02:15 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 260.7/153/130

Height: Almost 5 foot 6

I was in my second year of university and my three other flatmates had gone out - they got back around 1am and I woke up and was puttin on a jumper before going out to see if they had a nice time - before opening the door however I got to listen to a five minute *****fest on how I was fat, how I ate SO much and disgusted them etc.

I walked out that room with my head held so high and got a drink. Never spoke to them again.
denialisnthappiness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 05:49 PM   #85  

S/C/G: 245/ticker/145

Two weeks after I had my son my mom said,
"You know, from the back you really can't tell how much weight you've gained!"

Seriously, ummmm....Thanks? Great underhanded "compliment" mom!
My mom has been judgemental about overweight people for as long as I can remember and has never spared me in that respect. I guess that's just the way some people are. She hasn't seen me since losing 75+ pounds and I just know she's going to make me feel self conscious about it when she visits....
Vanessa M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2007, 03:03 PM   #86  

S/C/G: 150/145/110

Height: 5'2

my parents, esp my mom always comments on my weight. she always, tells me what to eat, what not to eat, and how i need to lose weight to be pretty.
even when i think i have made some progress and lost some weight, (others will say i lost weight), my mom continues to bash me and tells me to lose weight. i always try to shrug it off, but inside im just crying. my mom, and even other members of my family have always commented on my weight and its been hard for me. i really wish one time, i could just say something back, but its just hard.
shygrly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:57 PM   #87  

S/C/G: 225/ticker/155

Height: 5"5

i have a confession to make - i personally am not in great shape - obviously- but i will say that when i see a extremely heavy person - i think how glad i am to not be them and resolve never to let myself get that way - so i dont say anything but i judge them and maybe thats just as bad. fortunatly i dont recall any comments someone said to me -other then my mom once in an argument- but i beat myself up enough that i dont need to hear it from anyone else.
chickadee315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:47 AM   #88  

S/C/G: 232/229/199

Default Another sad memory...

Hi... I'm new here. I'm Jennifer. There was this one thing that someone said to me that I will never forget...

I went out to the movie with some friends from church one night. Afterwards, one of my friends asked me if I would walk with her to McDonalds down the road because she hadn't eaten supper yet. I told her that I'd rather drive because it was so late, and besides, it's kinda dangerous walking around that late at night. Then, a guy that I'd always considered my friend got the back of his hand and smacked me on the stomach and said, "Looks like you need to do some walking!" It hurt my feelings so bad.

I just don't understand how someone could say something that cruel to someone!
girlonamission020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 09:03 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 214/ticker/135

Height: 5'2

To my face at least, people are usually pretty kind. But a flash moment I remember happened when I was 13 or so and hardly overweight. We went swimming at the public pool- me, my younger sister, and one of her friends. Sister and her friend were about 7 or 8 at the time. We were doing handstands in the water, and when I came up her friend looks at me and says "Whoa your legs are huge! How did they GET that way!?" Granted, she was a kid and a STICK at that, but I never forgot that moment.
Ohhkay8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:30 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 197/149/135

Height: 5'7

My grandfather once told me I looked really nice & he was glad I was getting down to the size a girl SHOULD be.
Trendle is offline   Reply With Quote