Old 07-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #31  
meow

S/C/G: toomuch/same/normal

Height: short

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkadot View Post

Some pepole will say ANYTHING to make themselves feel better

The only comment about my weight I remember was last summer when I was 175, I was working as a cashier and this skinny woman was buying like 500$ worth of clothes and stuff.. as I was scanning her items she says "so when are you due?" ugh.. I just stared at her.. and im like "im not.." but it made it worse because she was like "OMG I was SURE!!" then I had to stand there with her for another 5 mins cause she had so much stuff.. so she kept going on and on.. "Dont develop a complex or anything!!" ugghh..
It's comments like that lady that make me tend to be extremely obnoxious and back in their face. People really will say anything to make themselves feel better and "fat people" are an easy target because most people know they can hurt you or make you feel insignificant by making those comments.
I used to be SO sensitive and take everything that someone said to me and really, truly believe them.. but now I look at them and realize how pathetic their lives have to be to actually try to make someone else feel bad just to boost their own ego.
If someone says something mean to me then I will not just curl up in a ball or run away like I used to... I will stand there and confront them right then and there on the issue. Besides, the truth is, I'd rather be FAT than jacked up in the face and ugly and I know I'm beautiful.
crabbypatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 05:08 PM   #32  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Reading all your stories and experiences made me well up
They made me remember some of my horrible experiences too.

Hugs to everyone.

For what it's worth, I think you're all fabulous
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:42 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 251/190/175

Height: 5'10

When I was in Jr. High there was this boy I absolutely HATED! He was always making snide comments "behind my back" but close enough for me to hear. Well, one day we went on a field trip to the zoo and the teachers were going to divide the students in half so we could go in two groups, so one of them asked this boy to count everyone, so he immediatly points to me and he should say "one" right?-Well he said "three". I heard not to long ago this guy passed away, and I should be ashamed to say this but I can't say I shed a tear.
vealcalf2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:20 PM   #34  
No longer super size!!!

S/C/G: 282/ticker/190

Height: 6' 0"

I have two stories...the usual "are you pregnant" (which was asked by someone bigger than me) and I went to a doctor once who told me I would die by the time I was 57 If I didn't lose weight.
grneyedmustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:00 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

Hmmm...

5th Grade - We sat in groups of 3 - 4 people per group of desk, sort of in teams. I was in a group of two other boys. We were joking around saying "If you're ____, stand up." The on said, "If you're fat, stand up." I knew I was fat, but I refused to stand. He just looked at me and said, "you're fat, so you need to stand."

10th Grade - I was working at a grocery store. I was a cashier, and I had to squeeze between a cart and the register - at this point in my life, I was really starting to slip into bulimia. One older male customer (brink of senior citizen) said loudly to me, "If you lost some weight, maybe you'd be able to fit through there better." and laughed a bit. It was a very busy day, so I know a lot of my co workers and customers heard him say that.

10th Grade - It wasn't actually a comment, but kids on a public bus started throwing things at me from the bus window.

My mom has frequently said that I'll never be thin because of my body structure/type.
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:48 PM   #36  
Lonesome girl

S/C/G: 168/125/110

Height: 5'4

I'm not overweight anymore, but when I was I got some awful comments. Once when I was walking down the street I walked past a car that had girls in it about the same age as me and they all started mooing. At a place I used to work at I overheard one of the supervisors complaining to another supervisor that one of us wasn't working hard enough. And the other supervisor started going through us (there were two of us, and the other girl was kind of deaf, she could only hear if she had a hearing aid.) and he said: "Which one the deaf one or the heavy one." And once some little girl about eight or nine was with her mom and said: "Mom, I hope I never get that fat when I get older." although from a little girl I didn't take it to heart because I had been like that when I was little too.

I had been at one point underweight and then I was anorexic but got caught and had to start eating again, and my mom made me eat the junkiest foods. I wanted to eat, but eat healthy but she was always giving me all these fatty foods and at fifteen I couldn't refuse and I ended up gaining thirty pounds in a year. Which made a lot of people my age laugh because I had been so skinny and then I got depressed and gained more. It was strange the whole time when I was over weight to hear people insult my weight when my whole life I had been underweight and then I went to an ok weight, which was 110, and everyone told me I looked nice, then I went to 140, then 168.

I lost weight but no one knew because I was still wearing my old clothes so I still looked like I was the same weight, and people would still comment on me. I was complaining that I had heart burn once to my sister about a month ago and she said "Yeah I used to get heart burn, but then I lost weight." and this guy at work, we were talking about the show Intervention, not sure how many of you heard of it. Well there was this girl on their that was making herself throw up so she wouldn't gain weight and I told him I thought that was disgusting how girls do that. And he said: "Yeah well girls have to do what they can to lose weight." Then he laughed and narrowed his eyes at my stomach.

Tired of comments like that I found some clothes that fit and surprised them all, showing them just how much weight I lost. Most of them only stare at me now since I am down to 128 from 168. I was happy for a while about it and then this girl said: "Wow, even when she has lost weight she is still a fugly dog, I guess you can't fix ugly no matter what."

And it's true, I'm not good-looking but it doesn't seem to matter what I do, people are always going to insult me. I am trying to lose 18 more pounds because there are pictures of me at 110 where I looked pretty and I think I can again if I get down there. Then that will show everyone.
ashla86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 09:53 PM   #37  
Bikini Season :)

i remember the first time anyone ever said anything to me - and it was my uncle. i was about 7 years old and i was going into the pantry to get some chips. and my uncle pinched my tummy fat and said "you keep this up, no one is going to love you."

ever wish you had listened??

i also got moo'd at once by a passing car...
KateRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:45 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 320

Height: 58

I just wanted to say that it's nice to see all the strong, beautiful women here. It takes a lot of guts to keep going with all of the negativity around. But, reading all of your horror stories, reminds me that we are all tougher than we think!
mnms24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:09 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 218/175/155

Height: 5'6"

I've had the usual "when are you due?" comments, but I think the worst was in Jr. High.

I've struggled with my weight my entire life and in the 7th grade I was a bit chubby. Guys would moo when I'd walk down the hall and such. I'd come home crying most days. The worst part was what happened when I thinned out during a growth spurt. It happened during the summer between 7th and 8th grade, I shot up and was suddenly a very curvy size 8. You know what rumor started going around? That I had been pregnant and had an abortion, so that's why I was thinner. Some girl even wrote "baby killer" in permanent marker (large letters) on our garage. Seriously! I was 13 and didn't have the slightest inclination towards the opposite sex. I have no idea why these kids were so spiteful towards me. Kids are cruel! This was over 17 years ago, so I can't imagine what they are like now. I really hope my children never have to go through something like that.
zenor77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 11:21 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Wow reading though these all keep bring up repressed memories that I don't know how to deal with.

When I was in middle school, I use to get harassased every day about my weight. The worst part was that everyone know. Other classmates, teachers, everyone and no one ever did anything. People would actually pretend to be my friend and then do things just to hurt me. Or a couple of girls were only my friends outside of school. One of the worst memories I have is the entire time I was in school there was an entire group of boys that called me babe the pig after the movie came out when I was in 7th grade. They would oink at me and everything. To this day I still can't hear people snort without thinking of them and how much I hated them.

Its funny because now and when I was an undergrad when my friends start talking about how great their high school experiences and look at me I explain that I hated high school. Without going in to much detail I say that I was an outcast in high school, people were horrible to me, and that eventhough I was 21st in my class and had been accepted into MSU, early admission, the counciler suggested I go to community college.

Sorry that turned into a rant.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:29 AM   #41  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

I've never heard "when are you due?" - thank God, I think it would make me cry. I'm extremely sensitive about my weight and expect for everyone to find me fat and unattractive, even though, quite shockingly, I found out that most of the guys at my job think I'm very attractive. It's just a little strange to suddenly hear comments like "hey sweetheart" while walking outside or have someone yell "HEY SEXY" instead of MOOOOO COW. I lost 15 pounds now and dropped one pants size, but I still expect everyone to think I'm a MOOOOO COW.

As for medical professionals and scales, I have a story that sticks out in my mind: when I was twelve years old, I had a cough-y hack-y wheeze-y type cold that wouldn't go away, so my parents took me to the doctor. As a pre-doc-visit thing, the nurse had me step on the scale, which said 138. I was about 5'3" at the time. That's actually not even overweight (yes yes, it's on the high end of average, but it's still within healthy BMI range)! Still, the nurse who weighed me said, "oh my... well, you DON'T want to GAIN ANY MORE WEIGHT! You're awfully big for your age. A nice sized girl, yes. Maybe you and your parents can begin a healthy eating plan." That traumatized me, and I starved for the summer, lost 15 pounds, felt triumphant, just to return to middle school and have everyone STILL think I was fat anyway!
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:40 AM   #42  

S/C/G: 175-180/ 120-125

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
When I was in middle school, I use to get harassased every day about my weight. The worst part was that everyone know. Other classmates, teachers, everyone and no one ever did anything. People would actually pretend to be my friend and then do things just to hurt me. Or a couple of girls were only my friends outside of school.
YES YES I CAN SO RELATE... to ALL OF IT! People picked on me and did the exact same crap until 10th grade, when I "got hot" thanks to starvation, Abercrombie clothes, and tanning beds. The guys were all awfully mean to me until they decided they wanted to stick it in. This all became the foundation for several complexes later: now, I still have anxiety about social situations, still am afraid to socialize with those preppy types (I tried to fit in with them and somewhat made it, but they were a catty bunch and would talk trash behind everyone's back, even their "friends"), still am afraid that people are saying really mean things behind my back, and I question everyone's motives.

I was such a pathetic case in middle school - I came from a fairly well-to-do family that gave me a pretty sweet allowance, and I'D PAY other kids to be my friend. Any time anyone wanted money, I'd hand it out. They'd ask to "borrow" $1 or $2 or $5 or even $10 and never, ever gave it back. I'd allow it because at least they talked to me.

Now? I'm super picky about who I choose to call a friend. It's ironic how the tables have turned; most people like me, but I only feel like I can connect with a select few. I'm friendly towards everyone, but secretly think most people are idiots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemeberHowToSmile View Post
eventhough I was 21st in my class and had been accepted into MSU, early admission, the counciler suggested I go to community college.

Sorry that turned into a rant.
May I ask whyyyyy? That's so ******ed. Hopefully you went to MSU or somewhere else of equal calibur
NightengaleShane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:41 AM   #43  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

When I was in college, I managed to put on about 40 pounds, even while doing sports. Even when I did that, I was kind of oblivious that anyone could notice...until this year in early spring.

I was in basketball practice, and all of the sudden one of my assistant coaches (who happened to be very intimidating) pulled me out into the hall by my practice jersey and was telling me about how unhealthy I was. She said I had gotten too fat and needed to stop eating chicken wings and pizza all the time Then she was like everyone notices that you're a porker now and you need help. You don't even belong on a college team. I was near tears the entire time she was yelling at me.

I seriously got back from practice that day and collapsed on the floor crying for about 2 hours.

But even though it wasn't put in the nicest way, it was definetly a wake up call.

Oh, and it didn't help that the week after me and my friend were going for a walk and I was being really hyper and we walked by a soft serve place and I was like "I want ice cream!!!" and this car full of teenagers went by and someone yelled "you don't need it."

But at least all of that is in the past. I'm moving forward.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 08:48 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 275/275/145

Height: 5'6"

You know how kids just don't seem to know when to not say something? I used to work at a daycare for K-1st grade. The kids liked me, but I nearly asked to go home one day after one of the kindergarteners asked me why my belly was so big and started poking it. It was worse because she had brought several other kids with her to ask, which made me wonder how long they were discussing it amongst themselves before even bothering to ask.
PeekaJinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2007, 10:33 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
I was such a pathetic case in middle school - I came from a fairly well-to-do family that gave me a pretty sweet allowance, and I'D PAY other kids to be my friend. Any time anyone wanted money, I'd hand it out. They'd ask to "borrow" $1 or $2 or $5 or even $10 and never, ever gave it back. I'd allow it because at least they talked to me.
I use to do other kids homework in middle school so they would talk to me. I was smart and it only took me a few minutes. They were suppose to pay me but normally they would say that they would give it to me later and never did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightengaleShane View Post
May I ask whyyyyy? That's so ******ed. Hopefully you went to MSU or somewhere else of equal calibur
Because I was heavy, unpopular, and poor so that must mean that I was dumb and couldn't get into another major university. She was too lazy to look up my records and just make assumptions. I did go to MSU, I actually went to the hardest program there, graduated last year with two BAs, and just finished my first year of law school top of my class. It's funny how people make assumptions based on physical appearance.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote