Old 07-06-2007, 01:06 PM   #1  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

Default Jean shopping. What a nightmare.

So, I'm going to NYC this weekend with a friend to go see Grey Gardens and Spelling Bee. I wanted to get a cute outfit so I venture out to the mall only to be faced with the worst 2 hours of trying on clothes. I mustve tried on 30 different pairs of jeans. I'm tall so it's hard to find jeans long enough and that fit right everywhere else. My skinny friend was trying to be helpful and said I should try Gaps curvy jeans but I doubt they carried my size so I didn't bother with those. Anyway, I did find a cute outfit finally and now I'm super excited for the shows. Has anyone seen them?? I'm also going to Serendipity finally and this place called Blockheads?? Apparently, they have the best margaritas. Hope everyone has a great weekend!!!!
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 375/ticker/275

Height: 5'7.5"

I hope you have fun at the shows! NYC's on my Wish List of places to visit.

Did you look at Lane Bryant? I used to shop there and find the funnest stuff when I was in the US. I always felt cute when I wore my LB outfits!
MarinePrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:55 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

A great site to help you find jeans is zafu.com this will give you make, price and fit,.many choices.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:08 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I haven't see the either plays. I'm glad you were able to find a cute outfit. Where did you finally end up getting it from? How did the night turn out.

I stopped wearing jeans when I got really heavy because I didn't want to know what size I work. After I 50 pounds I decided I wanted to start buying jeans again and ended up falling in love with Fashion bug for jeans. They have a plus section so you can wander between the two to find your right size. They have short jeans for people like me but I see you are 5'10 so they also have tall jeans for you. (Althought they do not always have the tall and short in store but they will order them for you). Their jeans are made for "real people" with hips and curves. I try and buy two pairs whenever the do their buy one get one for a dollar sale. Just a suggestion for next time.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 03:46 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

I HATE jean shopping, I even hated it when I was a size 5! I have a bigger butt so my jeans always have that gap in the back, it sucks! But I recently went to an outlet mall and stopped at DKNY, there jeans are really really nice! I love them, right now that is going to be the only jeans I buy from now on! They look nice and I think the sizes run big, so it makes it feel better!
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 PM   #6  
Woman on a mission

Height: 5'10"

I ended up getting a pair of Angels Jeans from Deb and they fit great. My top I got at Torrid which I happen to love btw. I'm going tomorrow so I'll let everyone know what happens Hopefully, I'll run into Conan O'brien I <3 him lol.
MaNdA22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:40 PM   #7  

I have no advice on the jean problem.

But have a good time in NYC!
lalique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 12:58 PM   #8  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

i hate jeans shopping too especially when the words ultra low rise are in front of them(i have a bit of a pooch from a csection in 2005)
i bought 3 pair of jeans in 2006 and am looking forward to getting the next size down again. heck if i didnt give the good ones to my sil i could prolly wear them now
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:03 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 200/190/165

Height: 5'9

Have you tried ebay? Just plug in your size and then look for longer inseams. I am a 34-35" inseam and I find that the designer jeans work best for me because they have more inseam choices then regular jeans. I know there are some brands that have plus sizes but I haven't researched it since I'm size 10-12. DKNY makes a stretch jean in the long inseam that's so comfortable and fits just under the belly button - helpful for extra weight there. I think they are one of the top selling jeans on amazon.com too, where there's so much competition. You might look there as well for plus size jeans and see what's on top and what comments are.
horsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 217/202/155

Height: 5'9"

I see you're tall like me - I'm 5'9" ish and I'm all leg. I am a size 16 right now and I purchased some Lane Bryant 16 longs and they fit great everywhere and are long enough - almost too long, which is something I've NEVER experienced with jeans. Give them a try.
kirklin82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 07:23 PM   #11  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

I absolutely hate jeans shopping as well.

Looking for jeans is hard when you're 6'3". Jeans usually aren't made for me.

And when I find places that are, I find it hard to accept that I will probably never fit into the size 4's and 6's that my friends are flipping through.

At my skinniest I think I only fit into a 14/15.

Sooo annoying.

Plus I have the curse of a big booty and athletic legs.

Not fun.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 10:38 PM   #12  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm no good with jeans either. But I seem to have the opssosite problem of everyone else. I have really short legs, and the hips of a 12 year old boy.
So while I can find jeans that will fit my thighs they end up sagging around the waist and hips because they're so much smaller! It's enough to drive a girl crazy.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2007, 11:58 PM   #13  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

GAP goes up to size 20. I'm totally in love with their "curvy fit" jeans because it eliminates that gap at the waist, the waist is smaller and contoured so it fits great. My biggest problem was always finding jeans big enough for my hips/butt/thighs that weren't huge in the waist and the curvy fit is great for that. I'm short so I don't have to worry about them being long enough but my sister is almost 6 feet tall so she has that problem, she says GAP jeans are one of the few brands that are made long enough.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote