3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   Who ate like a pig yesterday? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/116959-who-ate-like-pig-yesterday.html)

sockmonkey70 07-05-2007 12:36 PM

Who ate like a pig yesterday?

I did I did!! And the day before too! Iccckk. I did well all day Tuesday, then I went to a friends house that night after supper and I ate a hotdog (I did manage to say NO to the chili and mayo) and some Dorito's and French Onion Dip. I was so mad at myself.

Then yesterday I ate with my family....Grilled Chicken, Mutton, Pork, Beer Beans, Cheesy Potatoes, homeade rolls, salad and 7 layer pie...I didn't eat as much as I normally would, and I filled half my plate with salad, but I still ended up eating about 1100 calories for that meal because I went back for seconds. THEN last night I ate McDonald's because I was in one of those "I already blew it for the day, might as well go big" moods. Bleeehhh.

But I am back on track today. Fixin to hit up the gym for some cardio since it is raining outside. I just wish I could control myself. How am I ever going to make this a life long change if I eat Mickie D's all the time?

NightengaleShane 07-05-2007 12:50 PM

I was actually relatively good yesterday, but I wouldn't have been if I went out drinking. I didn't, though, because I didn't want to be rude to my friend who was mixing drinks; I knew he would be offended if I declined the mixed drinks, so I just blew him off.

It also rained here, so no BBQ.

I totally feel you on those "I already blew it for today, why bother?" moods. I've done that before... I decide that I've already royally screwed up my diet for a specific day and then just splurge or eat something ELSE that I shouldn't just because I feel like it's no use.

Spunkster5 07-05-2007 01:13 PM

I didn't eat too bad yesterday, but the day before, i got off work early and stuffed my face with $10 worth of taco bell, which is a ton of food!! uggh...i felt so miserable afterwards and guilty. yesterday i ran 7 miles to make up for it though.

maalisse 07-05-2007 01:39 PM

I had a horrible day and treated myself to a junky comfort food. While my calories were still within plan, I'm REALLY trying to break this "use food to cheer myself up" habit, so I'm disappointed in myself. :(

Oh, well. We live and we learn, right? Besides, I think it's a good thing that these behaviours make us feel so bad/gross now when they wouldn't before: our mindsets have totally changed! That's something to be proud of.

Get n healthy 07-05-2007 01:51 PM

:ink: Oink oink, count me in for totally blowing it yesterday. :ink:

I am back on plan with a vengence today though.:carrot: It feels SO good to be back on plan though. i was SO depressed as i went to sleep last night. I kind of like the guilt after a splurge...it forces me to get back on plan.

gailr42 07-05-2007 01:53 PM

I'm so glad you started this thread, Sockmonkey70. I have been having anxiety attacks over my transgressions.

On Tues we drove 500 miles to DH's DS and DIL. I had all good, healthy stuff to eat in the car. Unfortunately, I brought along a small box of Wheat thins for DH and then I ate a buch of them. I will say that the box is not empty and DH ate quite a few, but still...why can't I stay out of his food?

While we have been here, I ate what they fixed in moderation, but then they brought out a huge block of cheddar cheese and Ritz crackers for the kids to snack on. The kids didn't eat it all, so I ate what they left behind...I don't know how much, but any cheese is too much. It is a trigger for me.

We went to a party with fireworks etc. I ate there. The hostess, who I don't know at all, was trying to be nice by encouraging me to help myself.

It is not like I ate huge amounts of any forbidden food, so that is good, but I know that it all adds up. It makes me nervous that these little indescretions will get me off track and I won't be able to get back. I have done so well so far. I ate more junk this holiday since I started changing my eating habits back in January.

glitterlicious 07-05-2007 04:28 PM

I actually made it out ok.

Ate a hotdog but I worked out and ate more healthy foods besides that for the day.

helpmelose 07-05-2007 04:45 PM

I BLEW it yesterday, but I don't feel too bad about it. I had a hamburger, cheese hashbrown casserole thing, bean dip & chips and then a little of a lot of different things from the dessert table.

Today I am back on track with my eating but I have lost my motivation for exercising. For some reason I just feel exhausted. I somehow have to motivate myself - any tips?

tndavis82 07-05-2007 04:51 PM

I actually did very good. I went to two different cookouts, but was unable to finish my plate at either meal. It suprised me.

mrsaugie 07-06-2007 06:19 PM

not me not me. I did that on 6/30