Old 07-01-2007, 04:30 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** July NSV ***

Last month this thread kindof faded off on at the end but I thought I would post it again.

For anyone who isn't familiar with the term, NSV is a Non Scale Victory -- anything related to your weight loss that doesn't involve the numbers on the scale!

The NSV thread is one of my favorite treads because reading how well everyone else doing makes me feel good.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:33 PM   #2  

My first NSV of the month is I went to my sisters for the night and something was spilt on my pjs. I asked my sister to give me something to sleep in. I always get nervous borrowing other people clothing because I'm afraid that it wont fit me. My sister and I were close to the same size growing up but then I got much larger then her. I know I'm smaller then her now but still it was nerve racking becuase she always buys her clothing too small. Well not only did they fit but they were too big.
Old 07-01-2007, 05:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 151/151/130... was 190's in 06

Height: 5'4"

Congrats!! That is awesome, I bet you feel great!! WTG
helpmelose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 05:56 PM   #4  

Height: 5'4"

That's wonderful. I feel the same way when people ask me if I want to borrow a shirt or something. Deep down I do but I just say no to be safe.

I can't wait to get an NSV this month...I'm bound to have something if I keep at it like I am.
ItsAboutTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:28 AM   #5  
We can do it.

S/C/G: 160/127/120

My NSV so far has been this. My tummy does not look for feel as big. Last night me and hubby were talking about that. He said it looks small and less inflated. That made me feel like I was doing something right and he can tell.

Also things like my sweat pants fit a little better. They are not leaving big dents in my belly were the bands sits like it was a month ago. So they are little victories but victories none the less.
need2loseinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:56 PM   #6  

Need2loseinGA:
That is wonderful that you are starting to see your weight change. I love when my clothing started to fit better. (It amazes me how uncomfortable I use to be rather then buying a bigger size).

I exercised today eventhough I didn't want to. I was sore from yesterday and my exercise goal for this month is 30 minutes 5 days a week so I considered making today one of my "off" days. But I decided that if I didn't exercise today it would be harder for me to stay on track.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:35 PM   #7  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

The jeans that were so uncomfortable that they almost hurt to wear in the beginning of june (size 18) now have some "wiggle room"....I'm hoping to fit into the next size of my old jeans (15/17) by the end of august/mid september....

And I visited my friend that I havent seen in 6 weeks and she said that it looked like I lost a lot of weight...which definetly feels awesome.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 08:54 PM   #8  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

My aunt came to visit (technically in June ) and could not stop talking about how much better I look for the whole first 10 minutes I was with her.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:30 PM   #9  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

My had a NSV on July 1st! I had my picture taken when visiting the Painted Desert and it's the first picture in a long time that I've actually felt good about! I posted it in the Mini Goals photo forum.
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 10:32 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

This past weekend (okay.. so this technically happened in June but shhh), we had a barbecue and the family that joined us brought over NY Style Cheesecake . When they were out by the pool, I looked at the box and did some quick calculations and estimations and figured out that I could have about 1/16th of the pie and keep it within my calorie limits. That sounded small, but it turned out 1/16th was basically a pretty thin piece. When it came time to have cheesecake, I ate it slowly and it was fabulous and satisfying and I did not want more!
Of course, when they left, they insisted we keep the cheesecake (and of course, they TOOK the other item they brought... watermelon! Man I had hoped it would be the other way around). So we had half a cheesecake in our fridge. On Saturday, I started to plan to have a small slice again, but when it came time to eat it.... I realized I'd rather have a skinny cow ice cream cone instead! If that's not a NSV, then I dunno what is! Haha...
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 04:11 PM   #11  

My prof was trying to be nice because today was our last day of class and brought us doughnuts. Kispy kream doughnuts. More specifically my favorite type with chocolate on top. He then set them on them right in my line of site for the entire class (pretty much on the empty row of desks in front of me like two seats over.) I looked at them all class but did not get up and get one eventhought I think I was the only person who didn't eat a one. I totally resisted them.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:38 PM   #12  
Going the rest of the way

S/C/G: 188/ticker/135

Height: 5'5"

I wore my sexy panties yesterday, and was shocked to see that they now look like "granny panties" on me.
maalisse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

I got two so far this month:

1. Just had to buy a set of 5 pound weights because now working out with 3 pound weights is too easy. I feel so much stronger in my upper body. It's a great feeling.

2. I bought size 12 jeans! I don't even remember the last time I wore a size 12. They are a little tight on me but I don't care because I know they will fit better by the end of the month. I was so tired of wearing baggy jeans, makes me feel bigger than I am.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:01 AM   #14  

Maalisse – Aren’t underwear victories great! Time to go shopping!!!

Canarysong – Size 12 WOW!!! I’ve never wore a size 12, but an hoping to one day!

My last class was Thursday. I’ve become friends with the two girls that sat next to me in class. On the last class they were telling me how I had a really good sense of style, how they love how I do my hair (one even said she wanted to take me with her so that she could get the same cut), and all sorts of other praises.

I was thinking about it this morning and realized the reason that I care enough to dress nice and do my hair and makeup ever morning is because I’ve lost so much weight. I just care more about myself.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:51 AM   #15  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

Wow well done everyone!!

So far I've gotten over my milk addiction-I used to drink 3-4pints of semi-skimmed a day
But now, I can have one glass every 2-3 days and I no longer feel like I NEED to drink milk

Last month, I conquered my crisps addiction-taking it 1 month, 1 addiction at a time
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote