Old 07-08-2007, 07:29 PM   #16  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

Default So this is what moderation feels like...

So today for dinner I went to a chinese buffet with my mom.

I was so scared of failing, but I was determined.

I ended up starting with a plate of fruits and veggies, then went up for a small bowl of wonton soup and half a plate more of fruits and veggies, 1/4 plate of chicken teriaki, and 1/4 plate of veggie lo mein.

I was tempted for some pizza but I realized I was comfortably full and that it wasn't worth it.

And I left that restaurant with something much better than my money's worth...I walked away with my pride.

It's then that it clicked for me what a LIFESTYLE CHANGE weight loss really is. I'm starting my 8th week on my healthy lifestyle and it has been the longest effort ever. But now I realize that it's more than an effort, it's the rest of my life. Even when I reach my goal weight, I'm going to have to keep up my healthy habits to keep myself there.

Things are going to come up. I am going to go to buffets. And I am going to have to learn how to handle them.

I'm just one step further along on my journey...
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:56 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

I had an amazing weekend because I had seen a lot of my friends that I hadn’t seen in a long time on Friday night (I went back to my undergrad for a visit). I’m not going to bore everyone with all of the things that were said but a couple of highlights were:
· When I ran into a friend at a restaurant, first words out of his mouth were “Wow”
· We were talking pictures and one of my guy friends said lets do “prom pictures” gets behind me and wraps his arms around me. Not only did his arms fit but there was extra space.
· One of my former supervisors looked at me and was asking about my weight loss and could not believe I was able to lose the weight without having weight loss surgery.
· We stopped at the outlet malls and I was able to purchase all of my clothing in size Large. Granted it’s a little on the tight side it felt good not to see an “x” in front of my size.

Then I went to a graduation party for my cousin on Saturday. I hadn’t seen that side of my family since December of 2005. Everyone told me how good I looked how and how impressed they were with me.

So overall just a feel good weekend.
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:53 PM   #18  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

I went to San Diego last weekend to visit my sister and she knows about my weight loss efforts. When I walked in and gave her a hug the first thing she said was "you look great!"

Yay!!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:51 PM   #19  
Hot Mama

S/C/G: 201/192/130

Height: 5'4 1/2"

mine was finding a pair of pants that helped hide whats left of the post 2 babies belly.
i'm still trying to break them in lol
lissa9501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:04 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 130/130/115

Height: 5'6''

Default Hi everyone Im new here!

I just found this board and Im hoping it will help me with my weight loss goals. Granted I don't have a lot to lose 15 lbs. However It has been sooo difficult. My good news is I made it through my first day today without cheating. Im going to take it one day at a time.
LClacee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #21  

Wisher - hearing how good you look never gets old.

Lisa - I'm glad you found some pants.

LClacee - Good job not cheating. Just take it one day at a time.

My NSV today is that I was feeling lazy and decided I just wanted to wear something big, so I put on an old 2xl t-shirt. I keep it around because it actually has sentimal reasons. I hadn't wore it in awhile, I wear a large now, and an xl as a sleeping shirt. I didn't realize how big it was on me until I went to wash my plate after lunch in the sink and almost got the sleeve weat because it is steches down to the area between my elbow and wrist.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:50 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

I went to Florida to visit my friend. She hasn't seen me in a month and the first thing she did was comment on how much slimmer I look. She then when on to say I will soon be thinner than she is. She weights 120 pounds so I doubt I will weigh less than that, nor do I want to, but it was a nice comment none the less.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:41 PM   #23  
Jmeezay

I have 2 to share. First of all, I really wasn't in the mood to work out today, but I did it anyway. Not only that, I added on a few minutes to my workout as well.

Also, I just feel trimmer/more toned. I haven't lost more weight, but when I look at my stomach it just seems flatter or like there's less flab hiding my ab muscles. Yay!
Old 07-17-2007, 03:50 AM   #24  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I'm really in need of new clothes, unless I want to look like I've grown a hidden penis during the night among all the creases and folds of too-big jeans... so I scraped some money, went shopping yesterday, aaaaand... got into a size 4 skirt! I fit in it, that is--not 'squeezed into it and was barely able to zip it' or whatever of that kind.

Granted, it is very, very likely one of those 'vanity sizes', because there's no way I'm a size 4 when it comes to bottoms (I'm rather a 6/8 currently, depending on the cut), but the psychological effect was tremendously wonderful.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:49 AM   #25  

Wow, a size 4, even with vanity sizes that is amazing. I can't wait until I get small like that.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:46 AM   #26  
Restarting my journey :)

S/C/G: 210/184/130

Height: 5ft 6

Everyone's NSVs are great and so encouraging.

Mine, so far for this month anyway, is that I'm back on track. For so lond I've been saying that I really need to eat healthily and start exercising again, but just never found the motivation, or rather, just gave into my cravings and laziness. Now I've realised that not only do I need to stop talking and start acting, but that I'm worth this lifestyle change and it is only me, my confidence and my health that will benefit and only me who can make these changes. I'm three days in, which isn't much, but it IS three days, which is a lot better than none
going2Bhealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 10:34 AM   #27  
...to everything

S/C/G: 170/170/120-130?

I ran my first 5K (5.2, to be precise ) this morning (on my own)!!!

Last weekend I ran 2K at a time (6K total) and went up a ginormous hill, then Tuesday I went for 3K at once, and today I said, "I'm going for it!" and I DID! This is INCREDIBLE to me, considering that less than 3 months ago I couldn't run for more than 2 minutes without being winded!!
RidiculouslyAddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 11:28 AM   #28  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

My new NSV is that I can now eat something like a piece of cake or a packet of crisps without going on a massive binge.

Before, I could not have one packet/piece. I would have 3 or 4! So I suppose, I have realised that I enjoy healthy foods and only want to eat crap every once in a while.
It's taken me over 7 weeks on my diet, but I am getting better.

Well done on your NSVs girls!!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #29  

I was walking home from school today and some guys drove by and screamed "hey sexy girl". I looked around and realized that they were talking to me. Now generally I'm opposed to cat calls but it's nice being referred to as sexy.
Old 07-24-2007, 11:58 AM   #30  

I went to the Rascall Flatt concert on Friday night. I was kindof worried because the concert was indoors and last time I had went to where it was held I was starting to get too big for the seat (I was probable a sophmore in high school so like 8 years ago). Well I not only fit in the seat but there was extra room.