Old 06-19-2007, 11:47 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

Default Feeling Down [A Rant Thread]

Sigh... today I am not very happy. I have been sticking to my plan pretty darn well the past 1.75 months or so, and I have lost 20 lbs as of today. However, I'm not feeling too great about this for a few reasons...
First, I am wondering if anyone feels like this too. It seems to me that the smaller I get/the less I weigh, the bigger I feel. I guess its because of me becoming more self aware, but ughhhh. When I look in the mirror, and I think about the progress I made, I am horrified at what I must have looked like before, because I don't quite like the way I look now. I am happy for my progress, but it is depressing to see how far I have to go until my ideal weight.
Another thing that has really bothered me recently is male attention. Now, I go to school in NYC, and it seems to me when I am at school and out and about in the city, I got plenty of male attention. It made me feel good about myself, despite the fact that I was overweight. Now that I am home, I feel absolutely... disgusting and unwanted. I know it is wrong to base feelings of self worth on male attention, but seriously! I've just lost 20 lbs, and I get nothing. It doesn't help that my best friend is thin (but out of shape... definitely what has been referred to on this board as "skinny fat") and pretty and when you hang out together you have you hear tons of stories about all the guys that hit on her, the guys that try to hook up with her, the ones shes rejected, yadda yadda yah.
Sigh. I guess it is just depressing and I am having a stinky day. It doesn't help that my muscles seem to be perpetually sore... I took a pretty easy day today so hopefully they will feel better tomorrow.

The End.
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:43 AM   #2  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Aww, I guess so many of us have been there that it's not even funny...

{{hugs}}

This is a normal part of the journey... We need time to get used to our shrinking bodies, and since on top of it a lot of us were kind of clutching to denial before that ("I'm not that fat" or "At least I'm not as fat as her"), it probably makes it even worse when we realize how we're getting smaller. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if there are any tricks to make this period easier to go through. That's a "fat day", as we say, and if it can be of comfort, it happens to skinny people as well.

All I can do is hope that you will feel better soon. 20 lbs, that's a victory, after all!
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:56 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 196/155/140

Height: 5' 6"

First of all, you lost 20 lbs. in only 1.75 months. WTG! I have been dieting and exercising a little bit long than you and haven't lost that much, so you should be happy about that.

I can understand about the whole self aware thing. I sometimes feel I wouldn't be happy until I reach my final goal. Just take it a day at a time. You seem to be on the right track in terms of weight loss.
canarysong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:12 AM   #4  
Let's do this!

S/C/G: 210/149/140

Height: 5'6.5

I can relate! Just think of it as a transition- a "growing pain" (or "shrinking pain"!) of sorts... That's quite a loss in that amount of time (way to go, btw!) and your brain just needs to catch up. Icky days will still happen, but those sore muscles are a sign of the positive changes you are making in your life. Hope your day goes better!
junebug41 is offline   Reply With Quote