Old 06-18-2007, 04:06 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default ***Weekly Chat June 18-24***

*sighs*

Ladies I am so disgusted with myself. My weigh in this morning said 177, which is not surprising since I not only did zero exercise last week, but over the weekend ate from Pizza Hut, Applebees, and IHOP. Bah.

This week, however, will be better, On Friday I went to the store and spent $70 to buy things to make my lunches... I now have easy-to-grab, homemade frozen food to last me at least a month (longer if I dont use any for dinners). Im also trying a new tactic - last night I wrote myself a loose schedule for the week, with what times I worked, what time I would exercise, and what exercise I would do. Also added in some 'to-do' things I could remember, and spaces for me to put the results of my two weigh in days. This was then placed on the fridge, directly at eye level, so I have to reason to ignore it. It helped me get off my bum and move yesterday.. I'll let you ladies know how it works through the week!

Hope you all have a great monday!

~Fae
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 04:36 PM   #2  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

fae- sounds like you're on the fast track back to success. I know it's hard to get back on track after a setback or bad week but once you get started, momentum will help keep you going in the right direction.

This week looks like another promising week. I'm taking it week by week and believe it or not I am on week 5 and feeling more motivated than ever. This is the week I am going to start training for a 5K. I found an 8 week program that I printed off from online and I'm hoping it will keep me motivated to ease myself into some sort of workout schedule. I am also going to try to continue my resistance training this week.

Also, I'm been trying the Slim Fast Optima diet and am super thrilled with it so far. I got a can of the powdered milk chocolate flavour and it is so rich and thick and delicious.

Good luck to everyone this week and I'll keep you updated on my progress.
We can do this...a week at a time.
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #3  
Back at it again!

S/C/G: 260?/245?/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Fae, that sounds like a wise plan. I find that planning things out to a degree typically helps me out quite a bit.

I made fresh guacamole tonight & it is YUMMY! It is a real treat for my hubby & me. I find myself eating, in general, more veggies than I have in many months. I love it! There are so many tasty yet natural things out there! Like my little pot of basil that I'm growing, for instance.

We had a nice 40 minute walk tonight. The air has cooled down so it was really very pleasant out there. If it would ever NOT be so windy, I'd get in a bike ride one of these days too! Hopefully tomorrow.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!
Jen from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:23 PM   #4  
Proud US Navy Wife

Meh! *bump*

So far, the schedule seems to be working. I cheated and weighed myself today and it said 172... wtf? Lol. Water retention of doom, or something. Anyway. My schedule said for me to do two exercises yesterday, but after work I was exhausted and took a nap, so that threw me off and I only did one. But I did get in my running

And totally has not much to do with weight loss, but on July 7 I am going to (finally) get my driver's lisence! Yes, at the ripe old age of 22 I still don't have it, lol. Im nervous! I hope I get it... =x.

Now I just have to get back into the habit of logging my food every day as well... it's kind of depressing, the things that came so naturally to me in April are such a struggle for me now. But I have to think posatively.. in a few months I will have been a year in my new lifestyle, which is longer than any other time Ive tried this!

Glitter - Amen to that! Haha I just need the momentum to kick in =x. And if the 8 week program you mean is Couch to 5k, go for it! Im currently on it, but due to things (like my lack of momentum? hah) Ive been a lot slower, but that's ok lol. Im on week 4 right now, and Im in shock that I can run for 5 minutes straight! A word of advice though.. if you don't already have them, go out and get a good pair of running shoes. Go to a running store and actually have them help you find one (I was embarassed as **** going to get mine, but so worth it!) My running shoes are so comfy *G* and they really help!

Jen - Mmmm I love fresh foods. Herbs especially. When my parents were still together, we all used to have our little gardens, and I would always grow herbs . And my dad would make a special vinegar mixed with the flowers from chives, it was pruple. I never tried it, but he loved it. .
Old 06-19-2007, 02:05 PM   #5  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Good move, Fae. Lapses will happen to everyone over a lifetime anyway, so might as well acknowledge that the week-end went the wrong way, and resume regular schedule on Monday.

No particular plans for me this week. My eating is basically "do the best you can with the little money you have", so I tend to decide on the spot, according to what's on sale at the supermarket when I go there. I'll squeeze in two weight-lifting sessions, though. And run as well. It's very hot these days, so the latter won't be easy, but if I get up early enough, it's perfectly doable. (Uhm, 'early enough'... With my tendency to naturally wake up between 5 and 6 am, that should be easy?)

Oh yes, silly anecdote to make you laugh: this morning, I woke up way before the alarm-clock made me, and as I was idling in bed lookign at the sun setting up, suddenly I realized.... "But... But I'm lacking a buttcheek?!" Another proof that my mirror is a crappy thing that seriously makes me look FAT, when in fact my body IS shrinking and my hands realize it pretty well when they happen to touch it. *rolls her eyes*

Last edited by Kery; 06-19-2007 at 02:14 PM.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:24 PM   #6  
Proud US Navy Wife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kery View Post
Oh yes, silly anecdote to make you laugh: this morning, I woke up way before the alarm-clock made me, and as I was idling in bed lookign at the sun setting up, suddenly I realized.... "But... But I'm lacking a buttcheek?!" Another proof that my mirror is a crappy thing that seriously makes me look FAT, when in fact my body IS shrinking and my hands realize it pretty well when they happen to touch it. *rolls her eyes*
I am sufficiently amused. And bah on fat mirrors. I used to have one of those. =/ Glad you were able to see (er, feel?) the difference! (I have the same thing with my tummy.. I have an old old habit of squishing together my fat to see how much there is... and one day I realized I only had to grab it in one hand! Yes, it was a large handful but.. wasn't there supposed to be more?)
Old 06-21-2007, 07:07 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Fae it sounds like you are back on plan. Keep up the good work!

Glitter - Week 5 way to go! I made it to week 4 or 5 and then stopped. I'm restarting again. I was thinking about doing slim fast but it brings back memories from when my grandma use to make me drink it when I went down to spend time with them.

Kary - Ha ha you story gave me a good laugh.

Jenn - What is your guacamole recipe? I fell in love with it when I studied in Mexico but I only like it fresh.

I just got back from Florida late last night. I had a great time. A couple of high points was I wasn't self conscious about laying on the beach in my bathing suit (that is a first for me), I look amazing in the pictures and am so excited to get them printed, and I got a lot of male attention. I don't want to sound like I need validation from guys but I've never had guys who were attracted to me feel good. Now the down points, I got sick (my sister keeps saying I'm the only one that gets a cold in Daytona) and I got sun burnt. I don't know if anyone else experiences this but now that my skin is loose I tend to burn a lot more. I also did really good eating down there. I limited my portions and only ate until I was full (I didn't care if there was food left on the plate), we purchased food for lunch so that was good because I could control my calories, and I didn't drink too much. All in all a good trip.

I had class today and now I am exhausted. I had to make up a quiz that I missed on Tuesday when I was in Daytona, I didn't do great on it but did ok. Apparently everyone bombed it so I don't feel bad because I was still probable in the high end of the class.

The best thing is my grades are in. I'm in law school and we were supposed to have grades by June 1 but we just got them yesterday. I am ecstatic for my 3.2 gpa. We haven't been given ranks yet but I know I'm in the top end. I received a scholarship for next year, induction to the dean’s honor society (which is really good because the dean introduces you to all sorts of alumni and other people to get job), and a possible fellowship for next year. Consider I took my midterms right after having surgery and still on pain medication I'm amazed that I did so well!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote