3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   20-Somethings (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings-56/)
-   -   new here :) (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/20-somethings/114484-new-here.html)

kateconfessional 06-06-2007 04:07 AM

new here :)

hey everyone! just thought i'd introduce myself. i'm kate and i'm so glad i found this site. i lurked around for a few days on the site..just to get a feel for it. i definitely got a good vibe from here, so i joined! you guys seem so positive and supportive of each other. it's so nice!

another reason why i joined was because i'm not too happy about my weight as of now. i just finished a spring study abroad semester in spain, which was amazing. i loved every moment of it. we lived with homestay families, and got all our meals homecooked..and my host family, just kept feeding me and feeding me! unfortunately, after the semester of just eating, laying on the beach, and going to bars made me gain about an extra 15 pounds (i understand it's not a lot for some of you, but it is for me) and went up 2 sizes. plus, i didn't exercise while abroad. i'm on the short side, so the new weight on my body just doesn't feel right. so here i am! ready to get back in shape..and hopefully have a better body before my final year in college begins the fall!

good luck with your goals everyone. :)

Jen from MN 06-06-2007 08:59 AM

Hi Kate! Welcome! Glad you are liking the vibe of this place. Feel free to join on in!

Jen

modkittn 06-06-2007 09:05 AM

:welcome2: I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. The forums are a great source of support!

NightengaleShane 06-06-2007 09:58 AM

Hi, Kate! Welcome. 15 pounds isn't a lot, BUT if you gain it quickly it can sure feel that way.

I see you're from DC. I used to live there. First outside of DC in Manassas, then NorthWest. I miss DC... it's an amazing city... but I suppose Florida has its good qualities.

Romeos Girly 06-06-2007 12:34 PM

I'm assuming summer break is three months which should be plenty of time to lose 15 lbs. How are you planning to lose the weight?

shrinkingchica 06-06-2007 01:43 PM

Welcome! :)

kateconfessional 06-06-2007 06:00 PM

NightenGaleShane i completely agree, D.C. is awesome. especially during the springtime and summer. although, i bet florida is much more fun!

i'm planning to go on the south beach diet, along with exercise of cardio and weight training. i don't want to do anything too drastic and crazy. heh. i think my summer has a good time frame for my goal, so yay!

thanks again everyone!

glitterlicious 06-06-2007 06:26 PM

Welcome Kate. I wish you the best of luck with your goals.
I hope you stay here because there is so much help and support to be found here. I'm kind of new too and everyone here that I talk to is sure helpful and encouraging.

Jen from MN 06-06-2007 06:35 PM

no way!

Nightengale, just an aside, but I noticed we have the same birthday, August 18th! Except I'll be turning the ripe-old-age of 29 in contrast to your 21. Oh no, in a year will I be banned from the 20-somethings page??? ;)

Alaynna 06-06-2007 10:33 PM

Welcome to the board. I am wanting to lose 15 pounds also...and believe I know what you mean about it being a lot for you..because I just had a baby and I still have 15 pounds to lose from it ...and 15 pounds will mean going down 2 sizes like you said...

Good luck with everything and I am sure we can both lose it!!

wateraddict 06-06-2007 10:44 PM

welcome!