+++Weekly Chat - June 4 - 10+++ - 3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

Old 06-04-2007, 01:24 PM   #1  
Proud US Navy Wife

Default +++Weekly Chat - June 4 - 10+++

C'mon, where's my peoples at? . It's a brand new week!

Im in a shockingly good mood this week.. I weighed myself and it said 172, which is a lot nicer than the 181 that the scale had read mid-week (Hello, super water retention? Thats what I get for going out, getting drunk, and then eating an entire large pizza the next 2 days!) So my plan to get back down to my ticker weight before DB comes back should work, with maybe a week or more to spare!

Plus! *crosses fingers* today is the day I will hopefully hear about the second job... I really want it! (Yay! Employee discount at a bookstore, if nothing else.. *grin*)

I hope everyone else is having a great Monday! Haha maybe I can only be so cheerful because yesterday and today are my weekend, and I have to go to work tomorrow... =x
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:39 PM   #2  
Living the Laguna life...

Hi girls!
Thanks for starting the thread Fae Isn't it crazy how just a few pounds can make you feel so much better? Even when I know I am retaining water for whatever reason (period, salty foods, etc.), I still get down when I weigh myself and I'm up. Instead of working on not letting it bother me, I'm going to work on eating less junk So yesterday I ran my first marathon! It was so great...so many people, so much excitement. It was really tough near the end, but I made it, and I can't wait to do another one! I am kind of glad, though, to be done with training so I can get back to doing other types of exercising other than running! I haven't been to my kickboxing class in months, and haven't been weight training that much. Even though I'm going to take it easy exercise-wise this week, I want to get back to eating right (I've kind of been eating whatever I want the past couple of days knowing that I was going to run a marathon!) and losing weight I hope everyone is having a great day!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone! I had a great weekend! I didn't do so well in the eating department though :S... I went to the lake with friends and we had a blast! I did really good all day on Saturday, and swam A LOT... but later that night we went to a restaurant that had absolutely nothing to choose from on the menu.. they didn't even have salads. The best choice I could find was a ham and cheese sandwich with french fries... I planned on just eating half of the sandwich and fries. When I got the meal, it wasn't exactly what I was expecting. It was two pieces of bread with two pieces of ham on top, french fries on top of that all smothered in Rotel.... It was so wierd lol.. It was really good though, and I ate more than I should've. Then I had 4 glasses of wine and a piece of pizza later that night. YIKES! I did go to the hotel pool and swim a lot more though. I got lots of exercise that day, but I don't think it made up for all of the calories I ate. But this is a new day and a new week right?
Something good did come out of eating all of that crap. I realized how horrible it makes me feel. The next day, I felt HORRIBLE.
I have a new workout plan for the summer! My parents are getting a new pool tomorrow. I am so excited! I plan on swimming every day, this weekend I really discovered what great exercise swimming is. I'm thinking I'll get over the plateau I've ran into if I change up my exercise too.
Anyway, how's everyone else doing? I hope you all have a great week!

Fae-Wow, that IS some major water retention! lol congrats on your loss! That must've felt great! Good luck on the second job too
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:14 PM   #4  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

Hello ladies! Fae, that is so awesome you went back down. Even when you know it is just water it is depressing so congrats on going back down so quick. Casey, swimming is so much fun. That will be awesome to have such an accessible pool. Michelle, I can't believe you ran a marathon, that is so cool. I'm off to read your blog now in hopes of some info on how you started training. I dream of doing something like that some day, though my current goal is 10k, and that is a lofty goal. Grat job training for something like that, what a task. Hope everyone has a good day!
jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 08:55 PM   #5  

Casey - I LOVE swimming..it's so relaxing and a good workout!

Jordan - Good luck with your running! Everyone has to start somewhere...I started running about 5 years ago by doing 30 minutes on the treadmill..and yesterday I ran for five hours! I joined Team in Training to train for the marathon...I couldn't be a bigger advocate. There were people I trained with who had never run before, and finished the marathon! Any distance you race, it's a rewarding experience
Old 06-04-2007, 09:26 PM   #6  
No pain, no gain.

Height: 6'3"

hey everyone!
I'm kind of new here...Just started trying to lose weight again. I'm starting my 3rd week now on my fresh start.

Some of my goals for this week is to eat healthy all week long and stay off the scale other than once a week. The problem with my past two weeks is that I slack off after my official weigh-in and then get my act together 3-4 days before my weigh in on Sunday. That usually equals not-so good results. I still get results, but not what I hoped for.

I need to start exercising too because so far I've just been doing the diet thing.

Good luck to everyone else this week. We can do this!
glitterlicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:31 PM   #7  
Back at it again!

S/C/G: 260?/245?/160-ish

Height: 5'7"

Talking Biking!

Hey everyone!

My new favorite thing to do is biking around town. I like to walk also, but biking mixes it up for me & keeps me from getting in a rut. Tonight I went out for probably about 8-9 miles & it was so beautiful out there. Near the end I had a hill to ride up, I'm sure it would look gradual & not so bad to a more *fit* rider, but I had a hard time with it! I refused to let myself give up, though, so I kept at it & made it to the top! I did not want to be a quitter on that hill.

I made a delicious stir-fry for supper tonight. I've gotten in the habit of doing that about once a week lately. The base is brown rice, which takes 30 minutes, but it just simmers while I do the rest. I cut up 2 chicken breasts & cooked the pieces. Then I sauteed some assorted veggies including snap peas, onions, water chestnuts, and red pepper in a bit of olive oil. Then I mixed the chicken back in & used some bottled stir-fry sauce & mixed it all together! It was very yummy. My final touch is a few chopped cashews on top! My hubby was raving about it so it's great that it's something we both really like.

Well, off to make my Walmart run before settling in for the night!
Have a great Tuesday, all!

Jen
Jen from MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:31 AM   #8  
Proud Marine Wife

S/C/G: 201.5/199/150

Hey girls. My week has gotten off into a strange start. The kid I was tutoring became a friend, now a really good friend and he's here almost everyday I guess I should stop calling him a kid now...anywho. So he got here first around 9 because he was late for school and couldn't go in during an exam and then again a little after noon because he was done, then left last night after Tim spanked him at some video games. I told my Mom I had both my children here last night.

I actually don't do too bad with eating when he's here, so it's pretty helpful. I don't have the urge to snack all day because he keeps me busy even if it's just watching tv, and today we'll go for a long walk. I just wish Tim could be home more often so it would be him instead of Shaun.

Fae, it's wonderful that so much of that weight was water. You also have to remember what the stress of our men leaving does to us Ladies of the Military...wow, that makes us sound like hookers but you know what I mean.

Congrats Michelle! I bet you had a blast running the marathon. Was it for a particular thing or just a random little marathon in the area?

Casey, I second the bad food thing. Just something as simple as a burger from a normal fast food place can be terrible on my stomach. But I'm sure that bad meal was outdone by the swimming...swimming is so great. I kinda miss being able to do that so much since we left California.

Welcome, Glitterlicious! You're going to have lots of fun here.

Jen, biking is so great. I do that instead of running because I can't run and it lets me keep up with Tim. What kind of stir-fry sauce do you use? I have some, but maybe you use something different and who knows, better for you. Mine is pretty high in sodium. Something else you can try is to add some orange juice to it. I did about half juice, half sauce and let the juice thicken up once it was all mixed and it was SO good. It doesn't really take away from any flavors, but it does enhance that flavor of snap peas.

Well, time for me to figure out some food choices for the day. I need to get back to tracking it. I do it most of the time and I don't change much when I don't, but I still need to get back to it.

Have a great day, ladies!!!!!
TracyFAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:43 AM   #9  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

Aye, aye, I tend to have a problem to keep up with 'weekly' threads because they always move so fast, but I guess I should join the fun all the same. If I don't forget to post again (there are so many threads on this forum, and so many things to follow!).

The week-end was Mother's Day here, so there's no need to blabber about the social implications, but it could have been far worse. (And I've discovered I really can't eat half a box of ice-cream any more. Yes, even chocolate-flavoured ice-cream. That's probably a very good thing.)
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 08:53 AM   #10  
Back at it again!

Thumbs up

Tracy, I have just been using some pretty standard stir-fry sauce, I think the brand is LaChoy. So, yes, it's pretty high in sodium I'm sure. I like the sound of your orange juice idea, though! I may have to give that a whirl. Thanks for the tip!

Everyone have a great day! It's beautiful here in Minnesota today, after several days of weird, volatile storms.
Old 06-05-2007, 09:08 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 210/165/140

Height: 5'4

Hi, everyone!

It's so much fun to read through this thread and see how people are doing. I'm kind of new here, too, but I wanted to post about what I'd been up to.

This past weekend, I was in NYC with my parents, younger brother, and boyfriend to celebrate my parents' 30th wedding anniversary. Big family meals make me really nervous, as everyone in my family has a tendency to overeat, and I seem to fall back into that habit around them. But we went to BLT Steak, which is this nice French bistro/upscale steak place, and I found that after my shrimp cocktail, I could only eat 1/3 of my dinner (plus a somewhat healthy shrimp cocktail). That's a huge victory for me -- knowing when I'm full and *not eating past that point*.

I'm really ramping up the diet and exercise this month -- I have a physical on 6/20 and am desperate to get under 165 by then.

(I know I weigh that now, but I haven't lost any weight since April, gosh darn it!)
shertz1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:11 PM   #12  
I hate chub-rub!

Height: 5'6"

Wink Victory over the closet

I am getting back into losing weight, and turning back to 3FC for help reaching my goal. I have been struggling very much with eating over the past 3 weeks. It's constantly on my mind, and I've been paralyzed in fear that I will fail once again at reaching my goal. For some reason yesterday, I felt empowered enough to make some goals, eat reasonable portions, worked out (which I haven't done in months), and clear out the closet.

The overflowing closet has been mocking me for some time, now so full even clothes that fit me don't fit inside. I bravely went through each item, setting aside everything that wasn't in season and didn't fit. My 'out of season' bin was much bigger than the 'doesn't fit' bin, which I was happily suprised by. Also, lots of shirts I thought were too small still actually fit me (which just shows you how warped a body image can be). Now with new goals, a better outlook, and room for feel-good outfits, I'm finally ready to try again.
kellibee2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:37 PM   #13  
Back at it again!

I can kind of relate to that, kellibee. I know that I don't clean out the closet at all, don't face what fits & what doesn't, when I am in complete denial over my situation. When I'm ready to face things a little more, I get rid of stuff (or at least put it away in a tub for later), and I buy some pants/jeans that actually fit me. Right now. Which, I'm happy to report, the capris that fit (well, truthfully they were actually pretty snug) are now looking pretty darn loose! In fact, I feel they are already unflatteringly loose, but I'll squeeze a few more wearings out of them.
Old 06-06-2007, 10:25 AM   #14  

Welcome back, Kellibee!
Tracy, I ran the San Diego Marathon...I trained with Team In Training, so we were raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society..it was such a rewarding experience!
I think I need to stop weighing myself every day..I used to think it was a good way to keep track of my progress, but I find that the scale I use during the week at my hotel (I travel for work) weighs me a little bit heavier than I should be, and it really gets me down. I ate well all weekend (since I was running my marathon), and weighed in at a good weight on Sunday and Monday. Then yesterday I did a pretty decent job eating (considering I didn't really workout and just went to yoga), and weighed myself this morning...and was up to 148!! It's just so frustrating to see no progress. I know I shouldn't expect to see a change overnight, and what's really important is to keep eating right and feeling good. Anyway, I am going to think on it more tonight, but I would love to know what you guys do weigh-in wise
Old 06-06-2007, 08:28 PM   #15  
Proud US Navy Wife

Wow. I hide.

Yesterday was a horrible day... due to a customer at work that left me in tears, I went home, binge ate, drank quite a bit, and smoked a lot. Ugh. Not a good way to deal with stress. Must find a better one. =/

Not was my eating today much better. *sigh*

But yes. Im considering going for a run soon, if my back will stop paining me. Its a beautiful day, so I really want to. Otherwise, its an inside workout today.. I must get SOMETHING in.

Michelle - Im glad you're here! Dont worry, you're not the only one whos frusterated. Ive been bouncing in the same area for the same 2 months. =x

casey - yay swimming! When I was younger, I used to have a pool in my backyard. Now all I have is a public pool at the apartment complex, and I dont want anyone to see me. =x

glitter - welcome!

Jen - . Your stir-fry sounds good. Ive always wanted to try something like that, but I am such a picky eater the veggies would not be very varied.. =/

Tracy - Yea I know what you mean... bah. Also what th4e stress of leaving does to my puppy, he's missing DB too. And lol with the kid you're tutoring.. its good you guys can have fun!

Kery - I love and hate revelations like that. Bah. If only i could eat that way again...

Shertz - yay! Im glad you were able to tell when you are full... thats always been one of my problems.

kellibee - welcome! This place is amazing, trust me, And good job on the closet cleaning. . It's always great to find things that you didnt think would fit, actually do!
FaeReverie is offline   Reply With Quote