Old 06-01-2007, 08:02 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 300/180/135

Height: 5'3"

Default *** June NSV's ***

It's a new month so new NSVs.

For anyone who isn't familiar with the term, NSV is a Non Scale Victory -- anything related to your weight loss that doesn't involve the numbers on the scale!

Last month we had 5 pages let's see how many pages we can get this month!
RememberHowToSmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 08:08 PM   #2  

After 2 months of not really don't any exercise (besides my normal walking to school) I got back on my treadmill and started walk/jogging again! :Carrot:
Old 06-01-2007, 08:22 PM   #3  
Skinny cow in the making!

S/C/G: 193/149/126

Height: 5'4

After doing pretty much no exercise in my life, I went jogging twice this week and I actually enjoy it!!
I walk most of it, but it's a start I guess!
Jadeybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 03:49 AM   #4  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

I tried an exercise I had never done in my whole life, and I was actually pretty decent at it. For someone who was always considered as 'the fatty that was crap at sports', I'm pretty glad.
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2007, 07:33 PM   #5  

Today I decided to go to the pool in my apartment complex. I sat and read for about a half an hour then I got in and swam laps. I didn't let the fact that there were other people in the pool stop me eventhough I was a little embarassed to be in a swim suit.
Old 06-03-2007, 12:11 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 224/216/110

Height: 5'1"

RemeberHowToSmile, That's great on starting to walk/jog again! I'm glad you allowed yourself to swim and not let other people being there stop you! I sincerly wish I could allow myself to do that.

It's funny because the last time I went swimming/in a bathing suit in public was back in 2004 approx 185. I gained a lot of weight, and I swore, to myself and my mom, that I refused to get back into a bathing suit in public until I hit 185 again (if I could do it then, I could do it again). Funny thing is, I'm nearly 15 pounds below that and the thought of getting into a bathing suit in public terrifies me even more than ever.

So, good for you for doing that!

Jadeybaby, even if you walk mostly, you still jogged some! You do have to start somewhere, and it's going to come to a point where you aren't going to need or want to walk. That's great that you enjoyed it! There's nothing worse than it feeling like a chore.

Kery, congrats! If you don't mind me asking, what exercise was it?

- Well, I have to say that I'm now starting to gain a lot more confidence. My personality has always come across shy, as that has always been the safest. But over the last month or so, my real personality is starting to come out, and it truly has been a blast. I'm laughing more, joking more, etc.

- I haven't seen my dad and grandma for a couple of months, and yesterday was the first time I've seen them in awhile. Their reaction to my weight loss was absolutely hilarious. I swear their jaws hit the ground, and they were absolutely raving. Then my dad shoved $20.00 in my hand to buy a new pair of jeans for the weight loss. Granted the $20.00 was nice, but the looks on their faces was absolutely priceless.

- I started at a 20W in jeans (which were snug when I bought them last year). I'm now starting to be able to fit into some 14's.

- This isn't exactly June, per se, but I'm confident that it will happen again this month, but it is certainly my greatest NSV. At my highest weights (even when I was at this weight in past years), my period was very irregular, but once I started climbing up in the 200's, my periods became even more irregular. I was only having about 2 periods a year (approx 6 months apart), and it was only very minimal spotting (this happened for 2 years).

Since losing weight and actually exercising (as this year is the first time I've really ever exercised), I started my period in March. It came as such a huge shock to me because it was a freakin massacre (sorry for the TMI). I hadn't had one that heavy, ever. Thinking it was just something out of the blue, I had one again in April. That was my first consecutive period since I was about 16 years old (now 22)! And then I proceeded to have one again in May.

I honestly don't think any other NSV could possibly beat this.
spunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 05:27 PM   #7  
I deserve to feel good!

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'5"

Today my boyfriend and I went out for late breakfast/early lunch and I ordered a delicious salad with grilled chicken, mango salsa, corn, black beans, avacadoe, tomato, onion and fat free lime cilantro vinaigrette served with a whole wheat roll, I was so proud of myself! Yeah I wanted to eat my boyfriend's eggs benedict and home fries with melted cheese on top but I ordered the salad instead and it was very yummy!
wisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 09:52 PM   #8  

spunker - aren't the clothing NSV's the best. I'm in 16s right now and can't wait to get to 14s. (I've heard from other memebers on the forum that 14 is the average US womans size)

wisher - good choice with the salad. I found it weird at first when I started craving health food instead of junk.

My NSV . . .

One of my goals was to restart the C25K program. Well I was going to start it Monday but I didn't. So then I was going to wait until next Monday but I decided no more waiting that I need to start today (if I didn't I didn't know if I would). So my NSV is I restarted the C25K program!!!
Old 06-07-2007, 12:27 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

I went out for italian ices with a friend tonight. I splurged a bit since I had about 500 cals left in the day, and got a medium instead of the small I usually get. Then, we went over another's friend house and she met us with - let's make cupcakes! Ahh. So I helped make two batches of cupcakes with frosting and sprinkles and all that... NO NIBBLES FOR ME! I just ate my italian ice very slowly throughout the evening, didn't touch anything regarding cupcakes, and then went on home and had some tea and am about to go to sleep
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:29 AM   #10  

S/C/G: 195/170/150

Height: 5'8"

OH! and I was trying on dresses today, and I always choose the larges off the rack no matter what. This one dress I liked in The Gap was only in medium, so I figured "what the heck, I'll try it..." It fit! Just too low cut for my taste, so I didn't get it but heyyy at least it fit me and looked pretty good!
cagesorwings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 07:00 AM   #11  
One Busy Mom!

S/C/G: 149/166/130

Height: 5' 4"

Well, I had an NSV last night. I met my dad's girlfriend last night, and it went well. They have been together almost a year... she is having his baby in 2 weeks... and we hadn't met. We went out to dinner last night, my brother and sister and I, and he and her and her daughter. It was.... interesting. But it's done, and I'm glad we finally met her.
Treighsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 04:51 PM   #12  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I ran an 11 minute mile today!
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 01:49 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

In January when I decided to really change my lifestyle, my boyfriend promised to buy me a new dress. I'm over half way to goal and I'm running out of clothes that fit. For the first time ever (since maybe Jr. High) I got a size 10 dress. It is super cute, form one of my favorite stores, Anthroplogie and shows off my new tiny waist!
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 04:40 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 190/*ticker*/140

Height: 5'6"

So I measured myself a few days ago for the first time since December... I dont know why I stopped measuring myself, I guess because seeing the numbers go down on the scale was good enough for me. I was looking at my numbers yesterday and realized that my waist is now smaller than my bust... unlike when I started out. This is a huge victory, my waist is a problem area and it is where I have lost the most inches!
caseygail21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 06:21 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 201/ticker/145

Height: 5'7"

That's awesome caseygail! I'm more afraid my bust will disappear along with my waist!
Romeos Girly is offline   Reply With Quote