Old 05-24-2007, 09:19 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 161/121/115

Height: 5 ft

Unhappy Last 10 pounds

Hello All,

I have been struggling to lose the last 10 pounds for months. I have a hard time staying motivated when I see no movement on the scale. I fight the binging battle on nearly a daily basis. Does anyone one out there have some ideas/tips about how to get rid of the last 10 pounds?

I recently changed my exercise routine to add more strength training. Not sure if this had made much of a difference yet. I think I need to keep it up for a month or so to determine if its helping.

Thanks!
lilchixa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 10:40 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 174(highest) 150/150/138

Height: 5'7"

Have you noticed inches lost or your clothes fitting smaller? You could be losing fat and gaining muscle, especially if you have added more strength training to your routine.

Do you need to lose those last 10? Maybe this is a good weight/size for you?
redlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 03:50 PM   #3  
Colleen

S/C/G: 155/131/120

Height: 5'1"

I'm in the same place you are and I know it's tough when the scale just sits there. I don't really have any great advice you probably haven't already heard.

All the support here has really helped me, and I just got a big boost from getting out of school for the summer which gives me a lot more free time.
Weight training is something I'm getting into as well, over the summer a bit, and then I'm taking a class in it for my gym credit (apparently you still need those in college ) next Fall. I did it a bit last summer and I saw the difference in my arms after only a few weeks.

I don't know how much it helped speed weight loss, but it made me look a lot better, much more toned.

Maybe one piece of advice. I went camping last weekend and it really helped me get back on track. I hiked at least 5 miles a day and even ate a few s'mores, it really helped me recharge, just the change of scenery made me much more motivated. And the limited food supply keeps you from eating way too much.
SavingServo is offline   Reply With Quote