Old 05-14-2007, 08:11 PM   #1  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Default ~20 Somethings FASHION Blog~

After posting the swim suit blog I thought it would be a good idea to start an all around 20 somethings fashion blog. Cause let's face it, we dress a little differently than some of the other age groups.

What I am going to do, (and ANYONE who wants to participate) is post pictures of new outfits that I buy..The hits AND the misses.

Maybe if you are having a little difficulty dressing for your body type this thread will help you!

Please, everyone, feel free to participate. I don't have enough money to buy new outfits all the time LOL.

OK. For the first Fashion Blog I will start of with my MISS. I bought this cute little shirt off of Ebay, but unfortantely it was a little too tight and made me look a little frumpy. The red silk tie back on the shirt was pretty, but since it was a little snug the belt line gets hidden under the boobs so you can't even tell it exists. The jeans I had on kept slipping off my waist and into my muffin zone, creating a slight muffin top.

This next pic is of an outfit I consider my HIT. I bought it today for $30 from Cato ( $13 capris (sale), $13 top, $4 belt (sale)) It really accentuates my curves and shows a little skin without being too revealing. The top opens up a little at the bottom, so it doesn't suck into my trouble areas (aka the muffin zone). And I love black and red LOL. I wish I had had my shoes to go with it, but alas, they were in my car and I was too lazy to get them.

Feel free to critique at will. I am sometimes clueless as to fashionable things, but by golly I try

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 05-14-2007 at 08:52 PM. Reason: Spelling
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 227/142/135

Height: 5'5"

It's so hard to find 'young' looking clothes in larger sizes, isn't it? Hmm... I will consider taking some pictures and adding them this week, lol.
MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:15 PM   #3  
I have less blubber!

Yup. And I live in a smaller town so my shopping choices are limited to Wal-Mart (ehhh), Stage (no plus clothes) and Cato (where I buy most of my clothes)

Please post if you feel like it. Obviously I am no super model LOL!
Old 05-14-2007, 09:16 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

What a great idea! I just had a little stupid-fest at Lane Bryant and spent oodles of money I should have spent on other things. Oh well. I got some fantastic things. I shall post pictures just as soon as I can take a non-glare-ruined picture of myself in the mirror. Where's my housemate when I need her?

Edited: Impatience! This is the best shot before the heat in the bathroom became unbearable. The shirt is my favorite thing I've recently purchased. It's a sort of wrap thing, so it's terribly flattering in the belly area. The pants are more or less not in the picture, but they're sort of flared cuffed dress pants. They are miraculously not too long for me (I'm 5'2" and have incredibly short legs). I haven't worn either of them out of the house yet because I feel that the shirt is almost too young for me (despite being only 23... I think it's the silver ring right between the boobs... it's a little much, maybe). Anyway, please let me know what you think.

Also, apologies for the technical aspects of the picture: my bathroom is not only ugly but is also quite dirty, and today my face is too. It's too hot to put on makeup.

This is kind of exciting... my very first pic on this site that's not just my face! Woohoo! But still... self-conscious.

Last edited by kella; 05-14-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Added pic and rambling.
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:17 PM   #5  

Ohhh, there are two outfits that I will take pictures of just for you, haha. I went to Kohls yesterday and found two GREAT outfits.. I actually got the two tops, two pairs of capris, two tanks for underneath and a bracelet, all for $100. They are having a great Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale.. and they all FIT WELL, I didn't even have to squeeze into anything, haha. Actually, I think one pair of the capris is TOO big (it's an 18, but there is a ton of extra material in the backside area)! I am sure it's the cut, but hey.. made me feel good ;o).
Old 05-14-2007, 09:19 PM   #6  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kella View Post
What a great idea! I just had a little stupid-fest at Lane Bryant and spent oodles of money I should have spent on other things. Oh well. I got some fantastic things. I shall post pictures just as soon as I can take a non-glare-ruined picture of myself in the mirror. Where's my housemate when I need her?
This is going to sound completely... uhh.. yaa.. you'll see.

I can't go into Lane Bryant. I know that I could find some cute things, but I am always surrounded by uhm.. ya, other fat people.. and I feel like people walking by might see me.. and I don't know.. lol! I am clearly very full of myself and think that my fat is better than theirs or something, hahaha. Everything online looks 'blah' people they don't have models wearing it, so I can never pick anything out.
Old 05-14-2007, 09:20 PM   #7  
I have less blubber!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kella View Post
Haha I totally relate. I have spent half of my summer tuition on clothing and other useless crap
Old 05-14-2007, 09:22 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

I like that red belt. Its really cute! I love red and black!
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 09:59 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

I like the black top and the capris but not the belt.The belt looks too tight.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:04 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 235/219/150

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAMA2CHUNKEYMONKEY View Post
This is going to sound completely... uhh.. yaa.. you'll see.

I can't go into Lane Bryant. I know that I could find some cute things, but I am always surrounded by uhm.. ya, other fat people.. and I feel like people walking by might see me.. and I don't know.. lol! I am clearly very full of myself and think that my fat is better than theirs or something, hahaha. Everything online looks 'blah' people they don't have models wearing it, so I can never pick anything out.

I'm actually sort of the same way when it comes to shopping in plus-size stores. Then I realized that it's either suck it up and deal with it for the time being or just not buy new clothes. It's even more depressing to shop at places like Old Navy where in some stores you have to physically dig through all the 2s and 4s to get to the 18s and 20s. I like Lane Bryant because their clothes are so well-made. They're not just throwing together some cute and ridiculously cheap outfit to market to overweight 20-somethings that falls apart completely as soon as it's washed. Fashion Bug Plus, I'm looking at you. Besides, Lane Bryant carries sizes from 14 up and I certainly don't think of a size 14 as "fat."
kella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:19 PM   #11  

Sockmonkey70, I really love your style. I need to take you with me when I shop. Oh yeah, that belt is bangin!!!
kornard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:20 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

kella I like the black top, very flattering.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:28 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 215/186.5/130

Height: 5'3

Yes that black top is very cute
staciec878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 10:54 PM   #14  
I have less blubber!

Kella I really like your black top! Very cute! I love polka dots! (and you have stunning eyes) It looks great on you.

I swear that is just the shirt puckering funny under the belt, not a roll LOL. My muffin is lower than that. I will try the belt a notch looser and see if it is better.

Last edited by sockmonkey70; 05-15-2007 at 02:46 AM.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:59 AM   #15  

I love that top Kella, you look great and not the 'bad' kind of young AT ALL. That wrap really dresses it up!