Old 05-06-2007, 07:46 PM   #1  
Life's Short, Paint Naked

S/C/G: 226/tkr/150

Height: 5'4

Default I'm back, and back to the beginning

I don't know what part of my puny little brain thought that once I shed the weight, I could relax and it would stay that way. SIGH. So, the only way to get to my goal *again* is to start over, one baby step at a time. )

It's been-- mmmm, since September-ish, so I guess a re-introduction is in order. I'm Candice, Marine wife, Mommy, and doula. I live on the coast of NC. I can't quit eating and I keep finding excuses to not move. *Raising water glass* To the next pound lost!
NakedHousewife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:52 PM   #2  
I have less blubber!

S/C/G: 207/203/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome back and good luck on your weight loss re-adventures!
sockmonkey70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 07:54 PM   #3  
~~Joanne~~

S/C/G: 178/151/150

Height: 5'3

welcome back! I love your user name lol
wateraddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:52 PM   #4  
Co-Mod

S/C/G: 272/129/127

Welcome back Candice!
shrinkingchica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 08:59 PM   #5  

A doula? That's so cool. I plan on finding a doula before I get pregnant within the next year or so. Just one quick question...what's the main difference between a midwife and a doula. I've gotta so many different answers. My ob actually said to me one day that she didn't know why all women didn't just have csections because its so much "easier". Since then I've been looking into alternatives, either another ob or something such as a midwife/doula.

Sorry, to butt in and change the topic

Good Luck on your new journey. We're all in this together.
wvwitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2007, 10:07 PM   #6  

Thanks for the welcomes back!

WV, a doula is trained to support a woman emotionally and physically during labor and childbirth. Except for the foot and leg massages, we work "from the waist up." I know positions and techniques to help women progress through labor and cope with pain. Midwives in a hospital generally do not do any of this, they are there, like OB's, to check the cervix periodically and catch the baby. They do all the clinical stuff, which doulas are not licensed or qualified to do. At a homebirth, midwives play much the same role a doula does, because homebirth is more of a hands-off process, and they will be there for a good bit of the birth, not checking in on other patients. A doula stays with her client from beginning to end, home or hospital. I personally support women through whatever kind of birth they want, but some doulas are more inclined to only take clients who want a natural and unmedicated birth. I have a website if you'd like to see it, (I don't want to try and post it, but you can PM me if you'd like) but really, that's the gist of it. Sorry, I didn't mean to write a novel, I tend to go overboard when engaged, LOL, I love my job.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:11 PM   #7  

Joanne, I just read your profile, I am a WoW widow, LOL. Some days I think I'm just having a relationship with the back of my husband's headphoned skull.
Old 05-07-2007, 12:11 AM   #8  

Thanks for the info
wvwitch is offline   Reply With Quote